Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Today I played Zelda on my Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

A good thread, thank you op!

I thought we banned Amiibo thieves

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Personally I'm glad they took the time to throw in some subtle cameltoe

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Adapt; high level competition in eSports should come down to the limitations of the player and the game, not the limitations of an input method unsuited for high level play. The GameCube controller is pretty poo poo for where Melee stands, especially when you take into account the wide amount of production issues that make nearly all GC pads slightly different giving some a "natural" advantage over another.

So if some method of input is impossible on typical controllers but is doable on controllers that are defective in the correct way, and being able to do this special input allows you to perform tricks in the game that are not possible ordinarily, that's kosher? What if there were some useful trick performed by, say, being able to input opposite directions on the D-Pad at the same time, and in order to do that you'd need to physically break the D-Pad? Would that be something a community should endorse in order to enable this special trick?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is 50 times worse than anything in the first thread. And I say this as the person who was sent stolen goods and wished death upon and accidentally became a criminal by trying said stolen goods out to make sure of what they were.

Your "I was just trying it out" defense will not fool anyone here about the gravity of your heinous Amiibo crimes.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

According to the replies, the box art they have there is fan art, so this is almost certainly not real.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's time for the final round of...

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

STARVED
KILLED
DIED

Switch is for M games now

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Why does Donkey Kong always have a rape face?

Gorilla mindset.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Dizz posted:

Super Smash bros deluxe, contains all DLC stuff in addition to two new fire emblem characters to promote their new game

I'm glad of the fire emblem characters

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Shoulder buttons too.:eng101:

Just don't forget about the fact that the triggers do things when you're leader of a lobby. Oops…

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

Cool, thanks guys. I'll keep practicing. Didn't even think about carrying a torch (you can climb with a lit torch?)

There are also other ways to acquire the same coat, if you get through the cold area by some other method. On my first playthrough, I didn't find the hut until about a hundred hours in when I saw it discussed here.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, a long time ago, I stated that Mario XCom would be bad. I would like to retract my statement and offer my sincerest apologies to all my fellow gamers.

Apology accepted, Captain Deleter.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Binary Badger posted:

Target is giving away free rabbis with each Mario Xoom

Wow, Target's gone super alt-right, huh?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If Mario Kart were an esport the pros would be more insufferable than the Smash Melee ones

Reminder that the smash melee ones withdraw from tournaments if they can't find a controller that's broken in the correct way

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The Windows font smoothing gave it away

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The Bloop posted:

It's official. Just like amiibo

Why go along with it? No one copies Apple's official style for talking about iPhones

Then again I also really hate when people refer to Pokémon forms as “formes”

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Because it creates ambiguities for no useful purpose other than preserving the purity of Nintendo trademarks?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

Lmao.

How do you feel when an older person says Pokemons?

You must have misread, I’m the one saying it’s dumb to adhere to the corporate style guide.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Are any of the recent-ish indie releases really good? I received an eshop gift card, but I’ve got all the big titles and am not sure if I should get something cool now or save it for whatever Nintendo might announce at the next Direct.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Don't get your Switch wet, it'll wash off the oven-proof coating.

Be careful about this—it's rated for a regular oven but NOT a toaster oven. Ruined my Pop-Tarts.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can you actually put a switch in the microwarve?

There’s one way to find out

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo did not ban all 3DS’ with custom firmware. Mine hasn’t been banned and I’ve had it hacked for 3 years. I regularly connect to to he internet and play games online. I never cheat though.

Yeah, I used mine exclusively for save editing and I’ve been fine. I’m not sure anyone outside of Nintendo knows how many people actually got banned or why

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

no, the welsh girl got captured

General rule is that when something in the plot takes away your party members, you should drop what you’re doing and continue the plot to fix that situation ASAP. Combat is designed around having a party of three, and (as you’ve discovered) you’ll get wrecked when you’re short-handed.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

ColdPie posted:

Let the Switch cool completely after removing from the oven before handling to remove the cartridge.

Keep in mind that you have to use a regular oven. The matte coating doesn’t respond well to microwaves. Unfortunately this also prevents you from using your microwave oven to recharge the battery like you can with your iPhone.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

It’s gonna be really funny if it turns out you can’t evolve Pikachu or Eevee, even though Eevee's entire gimmick is its multiple evolutions

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The GameCube controller face button layout was perfect and should never have changed.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I always wanted a Star Fox rip-off of the Rogue Squadron games.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Zore posted:

It also unlocks your completion percentage so you can see it.

Note that there are separate listings on the map (for finding all the map features, of which there are many) and on the quest logs.

For reference, a fairly thorough playthrough where you see all the story events, complete every shrine, and collect some seeds along the way will probably get you to 25-30% map completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

NINTENDO NEVER SWAPPED ANY loving BUTTON PLACEMENTS HOLY poo poo YOU GOD drat IDIOT

They did for the GameCube layout, which was perfect

• Locked thread