Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Any tips for snagging one of these? My (3 year old) kid has taken an interest in Mario characters, and I think Mario Kart 8 with all the steering assists would be fun as hell for her.

Should I just keep an eye on Amazon? What's the best in-stock-alert app for iOS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Is the Pro controller worth it?

I'm building up my accessories before hand (already got a set of neon Joy-Cons + a charging grip) and didn't know what else I'd need in anticipation of getting a switch when it's back in stock!

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Walked into my local Target, picked up a Neon Switch + Pro Controller.

:feelsgood:

Got a screen protector, case, and memory card coming in tomorrow! Going to go all digital baby!

Also downloaded MK8 which myself and daughter love. What a fun game.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

canyonero posted:

Quick question if anyone remembers originally opening their Switch up: was there plastic film on the screen when you first got it? I got my Switch from Amazon and the packaging made it seem like it was a return. I haven't noticed anything wrong it it, but the lack of any plastic film seemed strange to me. Also the way the cables were packaged seemed like they may have been used and then repacked. Thanks.

I got a Switch last week from Target, and there was no plastic film on the screen. I too thought it was pretty strange, but slapped a screen protector on it anyway.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Buddy of mine let me borrow his card of Splatoon 2.

I played for several hours, totally dug it. I want to buy it over digital, as I want digital only library - so will my 'save' that I had on my buddy's copy be picked up?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Would it be possible to preorder something digital on the Switch Store or whatever, and have it download when it releases?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Did the 3DS launch with Virtual Console? I'm wondering if Nintendo need a warm up period for new products or something to see if VC is worth developing for them.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Any good games come out yet?

glad to see you back, soldier

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

What I'd like is for the Switch to let you transfer to a USB key/drive like the PS4, so I wouldn't have to remove the card at all.
I mean, what the Hell else are those two ports on the dock going to be used for?

Charging my pro controller with a usb A to usb C cable

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
how do i preload odyssey? wasn't preloading a thing they released with v4.0

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
I used the nyko dock and that piece of poo poo doesn’t even work. Get the oem one

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
For those asking about Telltale Batman, I played through episode 4 until the game crashed on the final scene, and deleted all my progress.

gently caress Telltale Games. And to think I paid full price for it a few weeks back. I’m such a chump. Don’t be like me.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You probably bought a bootleg sd card

Digital bro

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Did I make a mistake and buy an anime machine or will there only be anime titles released from now on?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Hello my Switch bros, is there a way of "extending" the dock connector so I don't have to remove my switch out of it's awesome case all the time?

I'm not looking for something that will blow up my house.

tia

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Its just a USB 3 down in there so idk if it works or not but, USB 3 extension cable? (female to male)

Does usb3 carry video?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Do people actually play wrestling games anymore?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
:siren: Nintendo confirms no VC coming to Switch :siren:

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Is there a recommended Switch sleeve? I've got a hard case to put it in, but it's a bit bulky and I'm looking for something with a smaller profile for when I need just the Switch with no accessories.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Hello Switch thread, has there been any indication when Dark Souls Remastered would be coming out? I really, really want to play it on the go, and don't want to pick it up on my PS4.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

new game coming to eshop next week

The switch is doomed!!!!

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Hollow Knight is starting to lose me

I'm stuck on both Soul Master and The Mantis Lords and don't know where else to go. I've upgraded the nail already, and can't seem to find Cornifer in the area with all the Jellyfish. I feel like I'm way underleveled/geared for where I am supposed to be

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You’re where you need to be upgrade wise. Both those bosses are less about damage spam and more of understanding their mechanics. IMO the first one is harder than the second one even though the latter may feel more hectic at the end. What charms are you using?

What movement upgrades do you have? I assume you already have the dash but just to be sure you did grab the mantis claw from their village? You don’t need to beat the boss for it and that should open up how much more exploring you can do. I can’t recall if you needed to reach Soul Master so this may be a stupid question to be asking

I've got the mantis claw and the dash. As for charms, I'm using:

Wayward Compass
Stalwart Shell
Thorns of Agony
and Dashmaster in inventory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
I don't remember the old Mario Party's but where they good for young kids, like 4-5 age? My daughter loves everything Nintendo, and board games, so I'm hoping it'll be a hit.

• Locked thread