Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
  • Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Korn posted:

What's a PlayStation 4?

It's 4 the garbage can A miserable little pile of secrets!

But enough talk... have at you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mercury Crusader posted:

Symphony of the Night isn't even a real Castlevania game.

It's the first real Castlevania game.

These are JRPGs right? I need more JRPGs on my Switch

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PeePot posted:

If you are like me and know nothing about Monster Hunter, a port of 3DS Monster Hunter Stories just dropped for Android/iOS.

I'm guessing this is a better intro than the MHGU demo on the Switch?

The free demo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/....capcom.mhssfen

The full game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/....capcom.mhsspen

Monster Hunter Stories has nothing to do with the mainline Monster Hunter games other than the name so it can't really be called an "introduction". Cute game though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PeePot posted:

Darn, cuz that MHGU demo didn't pull me in at all. I just remember attacking something and zoning a lot by accident. Does World get rid of those load screens at least?
The demos are notoriously bad at actually showing off the game. They're basically made for people already way into the games, since they don't teach you anything about how the games are actually played or even show you the game loop. It's a hard series to get into and it's one that you just kinda have to jump into feet first. Even then, it's not uncommon to bounce off of the games because there are a lot of systems, the combat is difficult, the controls are unusual, etc. Personally took me like 3 attempts before it clicked, but when it finally did... well, needless to say I have spent hundreds of hours on every monhun since

World does indeed get rid of the loading screens, and is generally more beginner-friendly and user-friendly than the older games (but smaller in scope). MHGU is the last of the old monhuns and a bit of a compilation, which means it has a ridiculous amount of content but also a lot of systems and stuff that can be confusing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't believe it's the year 2018 and still Nintendo has never made a good controller.

Uh, think again

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Game Boy is way superior to the NES imo (it has Link's Awakening)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm not going to buy the physical copy but is this game even good?

It's fine

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

It's fine. It is what it is, which is definitely not for everybody.

If you'd consider playing Banjo Kazooie, DK64, or Conker's BFD in 2018, it's more of that.

I enjoyed it (after they fixed the camera) because it's basically just more Banjo Kazooie and that's all I ever expected from it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm getting a Switch full of emulators whether Nintendo delivers it or not

it's the perfect gaming system

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This is what happens when Toadette puts on the Super Moustache

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ah finally a sequel to Iggy's Reckin' Balls

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

no one has ever clicked on a un-embedded youtube link

I've had embedded videos disabled forever, I'd much rather open a link in a new window

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Basically more 'Bowser as a cute girl with tits' than 'Peach as big titty goth gf'.

sounds pretty tame imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

IRL at that one

• Locked thread
«21 »