Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Beastie posted:

Everyone gets one last gen game to remaster and port to Switch. Size of the file is irrelevant.

Go!

Same answer for Switch as for PC: Skies of Arcadia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm mostly enjoying Xenoblade 2, but I really hate when you kick the poo poo out of a boss effortlessly in battle and they clown you in the next cutscene and that's happened in three of the last four boss fights. Or basically every boss fight against a human opponent.

Its super annoying, just let me have the win game.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My two favorite DS JRPGs were TWEWY which didn't have a sequel and Bowser's Inside Story (kinda sorta a JRPG), and apparently the Mario RPGs on the 3DS sucked. What else is good that isn't like, traditional, FF/Chrono Trigger-style JRPG (or Pokemon)

I don't know that I'd call it non-traditional but I really liked Radiant Historia, which just got a 3ds remake.

SMT: Strange Journey did too but while I enjoyed my time with the original, I can't imagine recommending another person actually play it unless the remake somehow de-bullshitted it.

Other than that, there's two really good Etrian Oddysey games (4+5), and two average Etrian Oddsey game remakes(1+2) if you like 1st person dungeon crawlers.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not Operator posted:

I'm mostly enjoying Xenoblade 2, but I really hate when you kick the poo poo out of a boss effortlessly in battle and they clown you in the next cutscene and that's happened in three of the last four boss fights. Or basically every boss fight against a human opponent.

Its super annoying, just let me have the win game.

For gently caress sake it happened another two times. This is actively lazy.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

any word on when necrodancer releases on the switch? supposedly it comes out tomorrow in japan, but i'm wondering if there's been a date given yet for NA

EDIT: i'm an idiot, found the answer like a minute after i posted. it's also coming out in NA tomorrow

https://twitter.com/NecroDancerGame/status/958770728911888384

Welp, now I'm gonna die clutching a Nintendo Switch in my skeleton hands.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I hear Reggie's desk has two buttons on it labelled "RELEASE" and "NAH" that he presses on a whim when games pop up on his screen.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Vita is weak and the Switch is going for its crown.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Bleck posted:

are you sure that's a Switch group and not Playstation Vita group

I mean he seems to be implying there's multiple people in It, so...

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Kimiwari 2 + 6

What's the third?

Fist of the North Star?

I don't think it's Ishin.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Tangent, but when I went on a recent Zelda kick my wife bought me the big art books. One of them, I think Hyrule Hisotria has two little concept art drawings shoehorned in close to the back, between stuff for Zelda 2 and Link to the Past. They're of Princess Zelda, and she's wearing a space suit straight out of Flash Gordon. It haunts my every Zelda related thought because while I get that it was probably drawn on an artist's whim twenty years ago and was never really considered as a concept, I feel consistantly robbed when a new game comes out and its not Wind Waker in space.

So yeah if I wanted to improve BotW, every region would be a different planet and horses would be spaceships.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Mahoning posted:

I've never played Bayonetta or any other hack and slash type of game, but I'm really excited to buy Bayonetta and play it. Should I be?

Bayonetta is a loving spectacle and if you can embrace that, you'll love it. I can't wait for it to come out so I can buy it an actual 4th time.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Pug Rodeo posted:

I would have never thought I’d get into the interactive story genre, but after enjoying Gone Home after picking it up for Xbox when it was free and now really digging NitW I want to look more into other games in the same vein.

Not Switch, but I'd recommend Life is Strange, my favourite interactive story game. My second favourite is Telltale's Borderlands, which is the funniest and best thing they've ever done.

Oxenfree was a good enough, but I thought it ran poorly on PS4 and the Switch is apparently just as bad. Stutters and long loads if that's a deal breaker.

I'm looking forward to NitW a lot, it's downloading right now.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

I'm going to try to get into Oxenfree again, but the first time I bounced off it because I immediately hated the two men.

E: Also Crash was better than Spyro, but they aren't the same kind of game. Don't @ me.

Ren is a garbage bag, but Jonah is trying his best.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Taking a long weekend this week for my birthday and i'm gonna spend it playing Celeste and NitW. :dance:

NitW is really good and relatable if you hate yourself as much as I do.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hey has anyone tried the Necrodancer co-op?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

gmq posted:

this kills the switch. I hope it won't work for piracy for some reason.

These things have historically always a back and forth between hacker and company, so I feel like claiming nintendo can't patch the exploit is about as arrogant as claiming something is unhackable.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Frankston posted:

UK goons, Tesco are currently selling Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1 download code) for £40. Or even cheaper if you have some clubcard points to spend.

Aaaaaaw heck yeah thanks for this link.

Are we of the opinion a pro controller is a necessity for a heavy action game? Should I order one in before Bayonetta?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

As in life, I'm the pirate who's either dead or dying.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Mahoning posted:

I was looking for something to hold me over until Bayonetta next week so I downloaded the Disgaea 5 demo.

Within 5 minutes I was totally embarrassed to have it on my Switch.

I’ll keep playing though, maybe it’s ok once it gets going.

I loved Disgaea and I'm looking forward to replaying 5 portably on Switch, but I've also been with the series since the start I've kinda conditioned myself to tolerate its insane self-aware anime bullshit because I know there's a really fun game underneath. Disgaea as a series collapsed in on itself somewhere along the way like an overly ironic black hole, and now exists simultaneously as a parody of all things anime, and earnestly as all things anime.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Port every WiiU exclusive to the Switch. Do it. It’s manifest destiny.

Yeah fuckers, trick me into playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE again.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I haven't played either Bayonetta games, anyone mind giving a quick explanation on them?

Played a Devil May Cry? Metal Gear Revengeance? Ninja Gaiden?

It's a third person action game where you fight enemies with your martial arts, guns, gun shoes, and witch powers. There's a heavy focus on combos, dodging and being stylish. The plot is fun over-the-top nonsense, and the enemy designs are loosely based on the hosed up old testament angels where they're described as being eighteen feet tall multiarmed cyclopes, or six heads mounted on a burning wheel.

Button mashing will get you killed, precision and grace will beat back the angelic hordes.

E: they're both pretty sick and I'm literally buying the first game for the fourth time on Switch.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 10, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

It can be tough, but there are five difficulty settings, and in addition to Easy and Very Easy there are Automatic versions of each where the game does a lot of the heavy lifting for you.

I'd recommend starting on normal though. Once you get the hang of dodging and learn a few useful combos, you can handle a lot of the game. There's also a bunch of useful items that'll give you continues, let you heal and just generally make the game easier. The only reason not to use them is they'll negatively impact your score. Bayonetta has a big focus on score and style, and every combat section of every levels will be ranked according to your performance with a trophy being awarded at the end of every level Viewtiful Joe style.

So yeah there's options. If you don't care about platinum trophies, go nuts with items. If its still a little tricky there's plenty of difficulty options, bottoming out with Very Easy (Automatic) which is the devs claim is playable with one hand, gross at that might sound.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Autonomous Monster posted:

I'm still mad as hell that Silicon Knights shat the bed after Eternal Darkness. Even if they did put the gang back together, it's clear that game was more a happy accident than the product of actual talent. :sigh:

I really want another Eternal Darkness.

I think I remember reading an article that implied the success and general goodness of Eternal Darkness was due to Nintendo being up their buttholes at every opportunity. This helps explain why Twin Snakes was also good, while Too Human was Too Human.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Bean posted:

Did I hallucinate or is Bayonetta 1 + 2 coming to the switch as a bundle? I can't find it on Best Buy's website and I wanted to use my gamer's club to grab it for my husband's birthday.

In EU you buy Bayonetta 2 and get a download code, or you can buy them separately digital looks like.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Also if anyone missed Necrodancer when it came out on PC, buy it here. The port is perfect and I love it. It's my favourite roguelite.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

E2M2 posted:

Should I PO Bayonetta? What's it like? Is a moaning witch gonna be embarrassing playing near my wife?

If your wife is a square, sure.

Its a super fun game, but there's some casual near nudity involved in combo enders and super moves for a stupid in-game rationalisation not worth going over. And even without that, the main character in Bayonetta looks like Bayonetta. Basically if you think your wife is gonna roll her eyes, yeah probably.

Relatedly, my wife is a fan of the game and still said "Oh, come on" when she saw the Princess Peach costume on the Wii U version so maybe never use that.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ventana posted:

Tbf it's a pretty bad outfit. Not in any sexy way or anything like that, it just looks dumb

Yeah, I dont disagree with either of you.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Buy Bayonetta 2 physical, get a code for 1.

Buy Bayonetta 1 or Bayonetta 2 digital, get a discount on the other.

e: Also everybody just be honest with your partner about your witch games.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I really can't loving wait to play Bayonetta again.

Hey Nintendo, get Platinum to make Vanquish 2 while you've got them.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Friday is being renamed Bayonetta Friday.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No rumor has ever been true, for any company in history.

In this connected internet age, there must be someone who's uncle actually works for Nintendo who can provide us with scoops.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The true legend of Zelda is the friends you make along the way.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The direction I think Zelda should take is upwards to the stars.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

So Disgaea 5 just straight up ported its PlayStation trophies over?

Neat.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Is bayo out thurs or fri?

Fridayonetta

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hard to imagine a pervert who bought a Wii U.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah, I just said something with the rhythm of a joke and hoped that would be enough.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

a.lo posted:

bayonetta but as yoshi

Kirbayonetta. Boo-yonetta. Shantaeonetta. Dededeyonetta.

Basically I want like fifty more costumes.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

You wont have time to notice if you are getting platinums

"What is this guy even playi- oh sick he's super good at it. And its a super good game!"

and then everyone on the bus chants your name as you own hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

stop publicizing my fantasies

I call it poo poo-that-will-happen.txt

• Locked thread