Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

by this time next year, Switch will probably have a better overall lineup than the Wii U ever did so yeah it's not collecting dust any time soon

it may be collecting pokeymons tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Not a Children posted:

Waiting for home screen themes

Arcade Bunny, where are you?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

protip for flying is to have your console in a case, so you can just chuck it into one of the bins with minimal care. you're probably carrying a laptop anyways, so it's not exactly a lot of extra effort.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I strongly suspect that the meter is always calculated in % at all times.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It most likely reads the % and shows full/three-quarter/half etc. if the % is within those ranges. It's harder and less efficient (and actually impossible) to be inaccurate with a computer, provided it's programmed properly.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

people really weren't exaggerating about Switch getting mad anime games

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don't expect Smash to be announced until Pokemon is out, or almost out. It's what they'll use to stoke the fire.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what's the line I can use so my GF doesn't think i'm a sexpest for playing bayonetta when she's home?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

oh so u lie, gotcha

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Splatoon Xcom would allow for MULTIPLE OUTFIT COODRINDATION so it's clearly the freshest choice

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A curation system would probably work. Have some underlings vet a dozen or so levels every week and add them to a playlist.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

play Thumper on an aeroplane, night flight, during turbulence and experience some Feelings

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bleck posted:

I want Bayonetta to literally fight Jesus

I want Bayonetta to defeat Jesus' first three forms, before dropping a space station on him, re-crucifying him.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

SoggyGravy posted:

This, it's you, you're the Bayonetta developer.

god, i wish:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Honestly I think the staggered launch of titles is really nice. It's like there's something I'm interested in every couple of months, with time to get to everything. It's much preferable to everything dropping in October / November and having to triage titles. I'd be cool with them keeping the schedule like this throughout the lifespan of the Switch. There's enough stuff in the pipeline (yoshi, FE, xeno, kirby, metroid etc) that every 2 - 3 months for a few years is reasonable.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

hmm yes noted shovelware titles 'legend of zelda' and 'splatoon 2'

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lelandjs posted:

The real question for me is if the titles are going to keep coming or not. It's great that they've frontloaded the console, but what major Nintendo properties haven't been announced yet? All I can think of is Paper Mario, Mario Golf, and F-Zero.

Smash Bros

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Monster Hunter XX demo is out in JP. Apparently it's playable for folks who can't read Japanese.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Pilotwings could be revamped and go in basically any direction. I'm stunned there wasn't a Wii version, actually.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I've never even seen a Vita. Only seen a few Wii U units.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mario x Rabbids will be an instant classic, no doubt.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Scholtz posted:

I learned my lesson when I bought Rag Doll Kung Fu.

PERFECT FOR THE SWITCH

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'd be down for a Mario title that looked like Wonderboy, with the painterly background and high quality sprite work.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

i've got an 8bitdo controller ready to roll and about $25 to spend on the nintendo eshop

what should i blow it on?

Shovel Knight is the best value of anything nearly on the eShop.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

thanks for the tips all. i already have wonderboy and kamiko, and have finished both of em. the shovel knight treasure trove is probably going to be the go-er

Smart. I recommend playing Shovel Of Hope first, then Plague Of Shadows and then Spectre of Torment. I also recommend CRANKING THAT FUCKIN END CREDITS SONG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VAcikf9m6o

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mickey Mouse, Bart Simpson, Mario, Pikachu and the 😂 emoji

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

dumb TVs still definitely exist, but a chromecast is almost definitely a better choice than hoping for a switch app in the next year. they're like $30, just pretend it's a special app that puts netflix on HDMI2.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Wii U is a bad purchase. they're not supported anywhere and any future Nintendo titles will not be on it. It's a dead console and has been for a year. it's fine to pick up if there's stuff you must have on there, but that doesn't seem the case.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

waluigi is probably more popular than wario at this point.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

rabbid waluigi - a rabbidified version of a an evil copy of a copy of Mario

it's getting v abstract

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

of all games to have drama about getting a port, fuckin stardew was not the one I expected

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I want the intro of Splatoon 3 to look like Sonic Forces x Gears Of War, but about two minutes into it, the squid music starts and the grim aesthetic gets literally hosed off of every prop and actor, and is replaced with a neon Squid Sisters / Marie & Callie music video.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

sometimes the monkey paw gets you Ubisoft Mario Rabbids But Xcom, to be fair.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He also fucks married women on the regular

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mario doesn't gently caress

true, he makes love

Tatsuta Age posted:

Luigi fucks

no doubt

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Waluigi is volcel jfc

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

LA Noire is basically the opposite of the type of game I'd want to play on Switch. It takes forever to do anything.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It needed the Mario + LA Noire treatment.

YOU-A KILLED HER!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Reading the leaked "Rockstar game for Switch" a few months back lit up my Monkey's Paw like a creepy little night light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Norns posted:

Metal gear acid

MGS2:HD, as in the port to Nvidia Shield, announced a few weeks ago.

• Locked thread