Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I fail to see how Splatoon 2 can be any good when it is in fact NOT Stardew Valley??

You unlock a full playable version of Stardew Valley if you reach S+ Rank in Splatoon. Better get kraken (cracking).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is there anything in particular infinite about it, like randomly created courses?

I think it's just user created courses.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Infinite mini golf has a very 3D Ultra Minigolf vibe to it, which I like. Hit a ball into an anaconda's mouth and get a hole in one is what minigolf should be about.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's a youtuber that uses a puppet to explain his bad points.

Edit: This guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/ArloStuff

Saw someone draw that motherfucker during splatfest.

He liked mayo.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Andrast posted:

A majora's mask style weirdo spinoff off of botw would be so good

This is what I want. Another big, open world to explore, but not Hyrule, and full of weird stuff.

Honestly I don't know if I'd change that much about dungeons from BotW. I thought I'd miss them but I didn't. No other open world game adventure game has ever grabbed me the way BotW did. I could never get into the Assassin's Creed or Witcher games, but just the act of exploring in Zelda felt fun in a way those games didn't.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I can't believe Super Mario Odyssey was so bad it killed the Switch. Shaking my head and putting my dock in the trash compactor.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

thought you said dick

I did but it got auto-corrected.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

My favorite game review of all time is the kotaku review of Destiny 2. It's staggeringly terrible.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Why? I don’t want to read it myself.

It is not actually a review, but a series of short stories about fictional people and how they might enjoy Destiny 2. Underneath the whole thing you can feel the silent scream of "I am an English Major and games journalism is beneath me."

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-the-kotaku-review-1818530629

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That makes so much more sense. You had said LBW when you were talking Skyward Sword. Considering I adore exploration the rail-roading would grate on me horrendously but as long as the dungeons are good it could make up for it I suppose.

He said LBW was the antithesis to that, not that LBW was that.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Do you still need someone to pick up games for you? I might try to get up to our Best Buy tomorrow.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Did the switch get any games recently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T2jSVp26FA

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I swear officer she said she was a squid.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

RatHat posted:

Enter the Gungeon is so good. Seems a lot harder than Binding of Isaac too.

Some Isaac runs can get so easy, but for me that’s part of the appeal. The runs where you can buy every item and now you have massive orbiting explosive tears that also heal you are what makes Isaac real special.

Gungeon from a gameplay perspective is much better and much more fun, but it doesn’t quite hit those crazy heights.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

whaley posted:

is doing a circle with the analog stick a tricky move?

Still can't pull off those spinning piledrivers.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The GIG posted:

find a water barrel from a nearby room and kick it around into the fire.

You can also use a water based weapon if you manage to grab one that early on.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

If this whole thing isn't building up to a direct but to them finally retweeting the toad then it'll all be worth it.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Anyone see word on super chicken horse monkey dolphin or whatever? Looked fun.

Ultimate Chicken Horse. Early 2018 is all they’ve said. Maybe if they have a Nindies segment in the next direct we’ll get something more firm. It is a very fun game, great for couch co-op. It’s fun having a group work out their own rule set for getting items and building stages.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

That has the release date for A Way Out as 2019, while it comes out in March. So even if it's real, it might be very old.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Frankston posted:

So tropical freeze is legitimately good? I could never tell if people were sarcastically praising it.

It’s legitimately the best 2D platformer on any modern console, and in the running for one of the best of all time.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I hope it's another nindies event.

Another Nindies thing would be good. Ultimate Chicken Horse is suppose to hit sometime soon, and the Night in the Woods devs kind of teased they might be doing a Switch release. Also we still need Hollow Knight info.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'd love to see Dishonored on Switch.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/953352474123014145

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

lelandjs posted:

It’s a 25 minute video of an insufferable man in a loving fedora. Cliff notes it for me if you really care.

[Edit: regardless of the video, I stand by my comment that, considering the extraordinary costs that go into making a AAA game in 2018, the $60 pricetag if you MUST buy a game as soon as it comes out is completely reasonable]

No one wants to be your go between so you can have an imaginary argument with Jim Sterling dude.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I hope it's just twenty minutes of Mario Tennis.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Reality Loser posted:

Spyro spawned skylanders. gently caress 'im.

Without Skylanders we would never have had amiibo, and therefore no Waluigi amiibo.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

It's real bad

That’s the one with a robot child prostitute isn’t it?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I never finished Spirit Tracks cause my hosed up grill could not play the song to open the Fire Temple.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

But the trailer showed you can ride Onix. Isn’t that the biggest the original 151?

I assume the quote means you can't ride Pokemon if they're too small. You can't force Jigglypuff to carry you from gym to gym.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Frankston posted:

All you guys need to know about me is I really, really want a new F-Zero game for the Nintendo Switch.

Well then get ready to get RAMMED.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Meltdown May never ends.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Are people getting spicy about Mario Tennis? Why are people mad?

It doesn't have the robust single player experience people hoped it would, and apparently the netcode is touch and go.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'm excited to play Assylvania on the Nintendo Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there a smash thread because holy poo poo I can’t take however many months of smash chat drowning out important hot takes on how breath of the wild actually sucks.

There is but I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with people talking about the incredibly popular game for the toy you own.

• Locked thread