Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just driving by to lol at the horde mode being local only. why cant nintendo exist in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anidav posted:

Nintendo doesn't want that one neckbeard with 4 switchs to play salmon run with himself and unlock all the dope loot from the comfort of his own toilet.

No, Jimmy Gamer must wipe the crumbs off his router, connect online and unfortunately play with other humans to unlock loot.

what

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anidav posted:

What you've never seen a hardcore Gamer control 4 squids at once in order to avoid playing with c c casuals?!
no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

next atelier game is gonna be on switch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Imagined posted:

Boy I hope you can play XB2 in Japanese with subtitles because the English dub sounds bad. Real, real bad.
the dub owns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think I'm done with JRPG's. This is too much man.

Simplification. There's nothing wrong with that.
lol, you autoattack for 90% of the game and use a skill when they charge up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh hey they finally put a character from a good game in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

control mapping... nintendo are true innovators

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh hey they're kinda bringing back combo abilities from kirby 64

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mario took him over

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

was mario playing fetch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Arms is better than Smash.

I wasn't interested in it at all before but a world made up of kingdoms built on top of and inside massive titans sounds amazing. I'd really want to explore that...if the character design and story didn't look like flaming garbage.

the character design and story both look fun + good, way moreso than xenoblade chronicles 1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah no. The character design looks like generic anime trash.
generic anime is the best thing ever made by human beings

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i agree with that though the girl should be the protag

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Haha oh poo poo Navarre from Shadow Dragon is also in the game too. So that's two more Shadow Dragon reps on top of Lyn.
He could be an NPC that's added in as DLC later, he wasn't in the leak.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

I believe Persona 3 is responsible for reviving JRPGs in the West back when it came out. It was a huge deal.
lol no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Karanas posted:

I'd like to know if the new warriors game has a lenghty mode akin to adventure mode in HW cause I doubt story mode alone is going to motivate me to get the game. I'm sold if it does though, I loved unlocking maps and weapons and poo poo in HW.
It has something akin to adventure mode, but it's a little different. It's still lengthy, but there's no puzzle solving elements and the maps aren't quite as huge as HW's.

Basically, it has a history mode, where you see maps from past FE games with enemy units on them and clear out enemy units to progress events on the map until the boss of the map appears and you can kill them. I'd say this is about 15ish hours of content. There's way less 'nodes' than in HW, but on the other hand there's no super obvious filler battles like 'take out a single keep' or quiz battles.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

What’s the deal with Promoting in FEW
I assume the Lordettes get a plot driven one, and I have Master Seals, but is it like previous FEs were characters can promote by themselves if they hit a certain level?
no, you need to use a master seal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on the one hand this is stupid but on the other hand their name is Harmony Wolf so theyre much cooler than me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blank Construct posted:

They put all(?) the miiverse drawings that were done in the farewell group together to make a gigantic image.

https://i.miiverse.nintendo.net/thank_you.png

:unsmith:

its cute until you zoom in and see stuff like mario hanging himself or a furry dragon with huge boobs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

am able to reveal the upcoming titles, hardware and assorted other things Nintendo has planned for Q3/4 2018 and Q1/2 2019. Without further ado, I will leak the leaks.

Games

> Super Mario Galaxy 3, for Switch, planned for Q1 2019

> Super Mario Odyssey port for New 3DS planed for Q2 2019

> Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild dlc 3/4 for Q3/4 2018

> LoZ: Classics Remastered, dual 3DS and switch HD port of the original 3 Zelda games.

>Fire Emblem 18: Delayed until Q4 2018, delayed due to problems with the developers

> Fire Emblem Echoes: Geanology of Light (working title), slated for Q1/2 2019, echoes version of Fire Emblem 4 (arts 1 and 2) and Fire Emblem 5, with new free and payed dlc.

>Metroid Prime 4 slated for late 2018

> Super Smash Bros 5, for Switxh slated for early 2019, this is still in planning, officially planned characters to return or be ades will be: The entire cast of SSB 4, Snake, Rayman, Ridley, and Ken. This game will also included, a second call sic mode unlocked after bearing SSB 4’s classic (which will return) at any difficulty. This classic mode will emulate the classic mode in the original SSB, and have the same polygon like textaures of the characters. New stages from new Nintendo Games and 3rd party ips will be added.

> GameCube virtually console for the Switch will be added, with games such as Siper Smah Bros Melee, Fire Emblem: Path of Radience, Super Mario Sunshine.

> New third party ip ports from Bethesda, and the 2k licence as been renewed for another few years, s the switch will get ports for NBA 2k19/20 and Fifita 19/20.

Hardware

> Nintendo 64 and Gacibe classics slated for late 2018 and Early 219 sold on a preorder system lik the otherClassic consoles.

>Gameboy classic slated for mid 2018.

>New Amiibos for new and existing games will be released in waves through 2018 and 2019.

we believe you, many wouldn't, we believe you every word

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a.lo posted:

hey that's cool. did the developers even plan for this??

more than likely someone just put the coins up there and figured someone'd figure out some way to reach them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i know exactly who gets to decide what sexuality is and isnt acceptable: a bunch of 40 year old men on something awful

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

What is the correct age and gender for a person to state the opinion "its bad when anime sexualizes kids"

69, they

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KingSlime posted:

Your point would land more gracefully if we weren't talking about a medium where sexed up children is the norm rather than the exception
we aren't talking about game of thrones though??

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

its cool and good that sexualization of children is apparently something we need to accept because game of thrones is popular???
yeah thats my point

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

season roundups and collect it all together. it's really easy to NOT run headlong into garbage unless you're just spinning an anime roulette wheel.
those sites are pretty bad, they aren't very well-informed at all and they love to make dumb hot takes based off literally nothing. I commented on animefeminist saying that Tales of Zestiria anime had a female demographic and pointing out a couple of anime they said were pretty much exclusively aimed at and enjoyed by guys had a huge female fanbase and my comment got deleted after I got yelled at, lol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

What exactly is your point?

the character designs in xbc2 are kind of dumb but it's weird to make hot takes about entire genres or groups of people just because you don't like a couple of things, or to act like bayonetta is the only video game to ever do sexuality well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I dunno, I generally find them pretty useful, especially in regards to content warnings so I know what to beware, and also getting a sense of whether a show would be in my wheelhouse or not. I much prefer it to THEM or AnimeNewsNetwork
i mean its not hard to be better than ann, which at one point featured a review where somebody said a lesbian should get together with her male cousin because that would do wonderful things for her character. and i guess they might be useful just for basic content warnings or whatever but i cant imagine looking to them for any kind of useful analysis of anything. and I think you can imagine most content warnings just from looking at a show's synopsis.

also watch euphonium season 2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i haven't seen the first euphonium yet. the anime i just finished was Kaiji which I actually recommend to anyone reading this thread because it's a cool combination of gambling and deathgame gimmicks, with over the top hot blooded narration, and everyone cries all the time

a Kaiji game would be pretty loving rad actually. (on the switch)
then watch euphonium season 1.

also mmo junkie is airing this season so its not done yet but its a cute show about adult characters with fairly relatable issues 'n all.

also a kaiji game would be good only if you had to hold one of the joycons up to your ear to simulate a drill being placed against your eardrum

THE loving MOON posted:

I haven't watched a good anime in years. I gave reCreators an honest try earlier this year because the concept looked interesting and a friend who saw the first couple episodes said it was promising. Neither of us finished, it degenerated into terrible melodramatic garbage. :saddowns:

watch concrete revolutio, its sort of like recreators in that a bunch of tropes come together only instead of being in service to dumb melodrama and a light novel author saving the world, its in service to a metaphor about japan's war history being insanely hosed up and bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my cousin sounds like that and shes like 26

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dizz posted:

people will buy this game with a smile on their face

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres no such thing as terrible anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOHbvJCtXIk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no true anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They've listed a switch port of Xenoverse 2 and a Tales game for Switch as upcoming in their financial reports before, so those are probably two of the three titles. If they thought the Switch was gonna suck, the Tales game is probably a port. Berseria probably.

They actually say 'Switch Exclusive,' but knowing Bamco they probably count enhanced ports as exclusive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Xenoverse 2 already came out I thought
lol i didnt even realize it had

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf they made the grinding in xv2 way less painful

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the last time sonic outsourced a mainline 3d sonic game to a western developer we got sonic boom.

also whitehead's skills are in making 2d games not 3d ones.

also sonic generations and colors were well-received.

I think whitehead being brought on officially as part of sega would be good, but the idea of him being granted full control of the sonic series is just fanfiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Is it another weaponised lesbians game?
its good, so yes

• Locked thread