Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Hot take: Xenoblade 2 will be better than Persona 5

I believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Couldn't care less about the dark souls port but I'm ready to buy Hyrule Warriors for the third time. ftw.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I actually got The World Ends With You for my DS in a bargain bin somewhere but I never played it. It looks super Japanese RPG, and I think my tastes have changed (I tried Xenoblade 1 and just couldn't deal with it, didn't bother getting the new one). What makes it so redeemable?

-good characters
-good art
-good gameplay
-good music
-good story

not that hard to get

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

yea TWEWY's main character is a fuckin surly coolboi teen whose literal first line in the game is "Shut Up", directed at no one in particular IIRC

he doesn't exactly make you want to keep playing

watching him grow is one of the best parts of the game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Characters have arcs...and they grow!!! its a good thing!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I guess I don't really see the big deal of Dark Souls on switch. Unless you just don't play non nintendo systems and never got to play it before now. Portability seems kinda whatever unless you just play around your house since lack of messages and other online features while playing on the go just sounds lame as hell.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope the top isn't amiibo locked this time around.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish Xenoblade 2 was a good game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Hi all I remember back when it was announced that FFXV would have an all male cast there was a big kerfuffle about how sexist that was and now we're talking about how its possibly sexist or at least bad to have an all female cast in a videogame so I'd like to hear all you's opinion on the ideal man:woman ratio that makes a game feminist.

Whichever lets me be the most woke online.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Xenoblade 2 just made me want a port of X with some quality of life things like the ability to create gear sets.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

BonoMan posted:

Just finished BotW and definitely enjoyed my time but... By the time I got to the end I realized there is basically zero story. I haven't played a Zelda since the first two on the NES... Is that the norm for modern Zeldas?

Play Majora's Mask.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is this information coming out that Mario Tennis has no form of matchmaking real or just people shitstirring, cuz that's one helluva deal breaker for me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

pissdude posted:

idg how that'd be possible given that there was matchmaking in the demo???

bushisms.txt posted:

It's not true. You have to go through solo apparently for both singles and doubles random matchmaking.

I phrased that insanely poorly, I meant MMR. Apparently it just matches you with whoever and theres no actual behind the scenes logic behind it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

I mean that's fine with me to be honest but I grew up playing games that have no matchmaking at all so I don't really care

We had it 3 years ago with the last mario tennis is mostly why it annoys me.

But idk maybe its just reviewers being stupid or its just not visible unlike splatoon, etc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FEW was such a massive step back that the minor gameplay improvements really didn't make up for it at all to me.

I am annoyed that some of them didn't make it into HW Switch though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

But on the flipside, they added 3 characters per pack compared to Hyrule Warriors adding at most 4 new characters. Over 3 dlc packs.

This is a bad argument considering that the weapons were essentially the same thing as new characters.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Is Ursula the little girl with the polar bear? Cause I just got her. And on Nia of all people!

Before I put too much on Nia though, I have learned in chapter 7 she gets turned into a blade... well then what happens to all her blades I raised?

You can change her between party nia and blade nia at will.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

splatoon literally has anime references in it

the most popular aspect of splatoon are two idols

It can't be anime cuz I like it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Anime is a genre of animated video, but when people say "anime" like an adjective they're talking about the visual and comedic styles that are extremely common in anime to the point of being huge tropes. Oversized eyes, hair that defies physics, transformation states, sweatdrops and nosebleeds as metaphors for emotional states, "Tsundere" characters, having otherwise flat characters suddenly revealed to have an extremely traumatic backstory through a flashback, etc. etc. that's "anime".

So, Splatoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol a game designed specifically to just make you wish you were playing botw instead

What a terrible fate.

• Locked thread