Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bull3964 posted:

Interactive Mario movie distributed only on switch!

I hope we'll finally figure out what exactly Daisy was talking about at the cliffhanger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does DD still give a bunch of garbage rear end accessories that you'll never want to use, and if you ever DO find one that doesn't come with a crippling downside you then don't want to put the person holding it to the inn because they'll lose the item or gamble it away?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Breath of the Wild has one, and only one, flaw: Link does not talk.

Imagine walking along Hyrule, and suddenly Link lays out a hilarious wisecrack. "Gee, couldn't they have made Hyrule smaller?" It's funny for two reasons, one because Hyrule is a naturally-made region that no god or man actually made (the goddesses are dead in this timeline, check the wiki, I'll edit it in later) and thus does there is no logical answer to Link's question, and second because in real life Hyrule actually was made by a team of developers and thus Link is slyly breaking the fourth wall by insinuating that the developers made the open world too big, but of course we have no way of knowing whether he is self-aware about his own existence.

Anyway I think Breath of the Wild would've been the greatest game of all time if we heard Link state that phrase approximately two hundred times during the course of the game.

Also if he said "Well EXCUSE ME, Princess!" when talking to Zelda.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

god those crying beat up chicks with ripped stockings and big boobs are hot

This but without the subtle irony.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

They forgot to do the faces

Wasn't this the game on Steam where there is a event of "A bunch of black people come out protesting 'We want attention'?"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

A thing that's being released, for when you want your Switch to look like a Nintendo Vs. cabinet, apparently.

Its kinda cute :shobon:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

You know why I don't own it?

Cause I waited for this moment :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

As an aside, Amazon seems to have this sale as well. Maybe if you're a prime member only?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

maybe they'll port overwatch with gyro controls

Yes please, since the Senran game isn't coming to the west I need a waifu game for the switch.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Children video games easy, adults baffled.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Weedle posted:

Boy does this game ever look like hot garbage

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/metropolis-lux-obscura-switch

Shot:

Chaser:

quote:

Gorgeous, sexy girls
12 mental disorders and bad habits to unlock

What

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Actually it's going to be called Super Mario Bros. Z and Mario is going to go Super Saiyan in it.

'Scuse me, it is spelt Saiyajin.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

repiv posted:

A portable CRT display is essential imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0yoohjaOgQ

But can it run doom?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Does anyone have experience ordering a Switch from Amazon? I want to order it to be delivered tomorrow, since I'm gonna be off and home, but I want to make absolutely sure the drat system ends up in my hands since I'm now paranoid after having mine stolen. Sometimes the people who delivered stuff from Amazon will basically just put the package at the door, knock once and then sonic speed out of there. I also don't want the system being damaged while being delivered (I want to use Amazon instead of just going to a physical store because I have gift card credit I can use)

Order it so the delivery date is on your day off. Learn when the deliveries typically happen in your neighborhood then go wash your car during that time frame.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

literally this like what the hell

it's almost like relevant and currently-an-issue problems about a console that the topic is about tends to come up more than happened-years-ago issues with last-gen consoles made by someone else :thunk:

e: poo poo guys how about nintendo making me blow dust out of my cartridges, what the gently caress is up with that design

:eng101: Actually you shouldn't be blowing into your cartridges as small amounts of saliva will get onto the connectors, and the acid in your saliva can damage the connectors!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cactus posted:

Yeah I have to agree even though I've not finished the game yet and yet - AND YET - even through its low points (luncheon world :argh:) it's just a goddamn pinnacle of game design that can't be dismissed or ignored no matter how much the youtube edgelords wish to be able to.

Uh, excuse me but have you seen this 2 hour long review from a guy who got literally every collectable in the game....

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Supposedly since the first one wasn't a commercial success they went for the lowest common denominator and catered to the anime trope niche. So high school, fanservice, beach episodes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I see stuff like that in ADTRW all the time.

Haha jk I don't go to that forum cause anime sucks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

Why don't we have a sexualized DOOM anime?

My dude, have you heard of HDOOM?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

so if you pick up an air-dropped weapon you don't completely lose what was in that weapon slot previously,

:confused: You can pick up another weapon and the weapon you had will drop on the floor. If its a weapon you got from Mother Base it even put a helpful white Diamond Dog's logo over the weapon so you can come back to pick it up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kin posted:

Urgh I can't believe I'm tempted to buy Hyrule Warriors for the third time.

It's just a straight port isn't it? No real upgrades or changes or anything from the wiiu version right?

It comes with all the DLC and the stuff that only the 3DS version got.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

200k copies of Diagaea 5 probably pays for most/all of the game's development. To say nothing of the sales elsewhere and on all the other platforms (including the upcoming PC release). It's more than fine tbh.

Its also a niche title so NI most likely doens't have their head far up their own asses to declare anything less then CoD numbers is a financial failure.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
People actually respect airplane mode?!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

And Majora's Mask.

Me ---> <--- You

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I mean he's not wrong

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Anger is never right

Let the anger flow through you

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
We should just go back to the days where Playstation was offering its online services for free.

Cause you know, that worked out swimmingly.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Policenaut posted:

IIRC FF14's designed around the idea that a majority of the people playing it would be JRPG fans who've never played an MMO so it painstakingly goes over every aspect to make sure you get it.

And lemme tell you, as someone who has played a bunch of FF14: None of that poo poo actually sticks and people are really bad at it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

Put Nep in Smash and I will buy Smash.

why

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

how is seinfeld anime

Seinfeld is about nothing, the same can be said about anime.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Will Luigi have physics added to his bulge in the tennis game? This is the deciding factor if I buy the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

If you're going to go through the effort of making a BotW-sized world with pokemon in it please make it a game where you can capture the pokemon you find (even if it's not a traditional RPG) instead of just taking pictures of them

No, only make it a game where you take pictures of pokemon. Make a new Pokemon Snap already, Nintendo!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Amazon admitted that they messed up my payment for Hyrule Warriors, expidited the shipping to be on time and gave me a $10 credit.

AZ may be a horrible giga-corportation but they always do right when I politely complain at them.

Someone stole a package from my door (either that or the mail man decided he really wanted a witty coffee mug and shelf riser), Amazon gave me a full refund so I could reorder when it will arrive on my day off.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is the good Warriors (which is coincidentally the good Zelda) game out yet?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm thinking I should've cancelled my amazon preorder so I can pick up the game at a store. Now I gotta wait for the mail man, and with my luck he wont even be here before noon. This is an issue for me as I sleep at 5 pm to be at 2 am

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

empathe posted:

Is HW still just old style Dynasty Warriors combat where enemy AI basically doesn't exist?

Thats also current style Dynasty Warriors :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat the package has been "out for delivery" for 4 hours, it arrived in town you can drive across the entire town in 20 minutes c'mon USPS :byodood:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

content posted:

check yer postal privilege

No need :smuggo:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Over There posted:

What the gently caress is a Linkle and how do I delete it from my game.

Linkle is best girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

N64 Classic games list leaked

Perfect, I will fight anyone who says this is a bad game.

• Locked thread