Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So my wife just let the cat out of the bag and let me know I am getting a Switch for my birthday. She does not really get video games, so there is nothing coming with it. I am trying to make a list of things to be looking for deals on. Anything I am missing in accessories, games, or whatever?

Micro Sd card (64 or 128?)
Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids
Mario Tennis
New Smash Bros
Hollow Knight
Shovel Knight (Never played, but shows up on every best of Switch list)
Stardew Valley (Same as above)
A Madden or NBA game?

And I am also trying to decide if I should rebuy Mario Kart and Zelda BotW. I love both of those games on my Wii U, and only have about 10 hours in Zelda. I am just trying to see what others have felt about re-starting Zelda or the coolness of portability with Mario Kart.

Overall, help me spend tons of money and get a huge game backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Wow this is a fast moving thread. Thanks for the advice.
I will add Celeste and Golf Story to my list.
I will wait for the new Zelda version (I didn’t get bored the first time, I just don’t play my Wii U that is in the basement much anymore)

Thanks!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I know this thread is now for arguing about the evils of capitalism, but I have a game question. Darkest Dungeon and its expansion is on sale for 30 bucks. I have read and watched some reviews, and was curious about the thread consensus is. I know it is hard, but is it fun? Some reviews talk about planning a raid for 20 min, to have the raid last 5, and wanted to hear it is fun and good.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kly posted:

Is there a demo you can try? The gameplay doesnt change much and what you do in the first mission is what youll do the entire game. I love it but some people consider it grindy. Also apparently the controls re awkward with a controller but idk

Yeah. No demo. That’s why I am a bit up in the air.

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll hold off for now while I have a backlog as is.

Snowmankilla fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 19, 2018

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Spacebump posted:

Was about to download a new fan roster for NBA 2k18. I can no longer do this without a Nintendo Network subscription. Still going to wait until Smash Bros to get Nintendo Network.

Any reason not to pick up 2k17 if I am a sad Cavs fan? It’s cheap as hell now, and didn’t know if there were some huge quality of life issues they improved on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Spacebump posted:

I think NBA 2k18 is the first Switch version. The one that just recently came out is NBA 2k19. I think 2k18 is a great purchase especially for how cheap it is now. Some of the modes are filled with micro transactions. However, those aren't the modes I play. I mainly play exhibition games with friends or the myGM/myLeague modes. Those modes are great for a portable system.

Ahh. That’s what I meant. Thanks!

• Locked thread