Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Harlock posted:

I'm not sure they have a lot of faith in the game. It looks kind of bad imo and still had performance issues last I saw.

I've been meaning to ask about the game. I've not really followed it at all, yet I've started seeing stuff show up like: "I used to be really hyped about Fire Emblem Warriors, but now I'm not!" or whatever.

And I can't tell if the game is a bad Musou... Or if this is just the usual hate of Musou games some people have (meaning I'm seeing the reactions of people who couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realize "Fire Emblem Warriors" was another Musou/Warriors game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

raditts posted:

The VA itself wasn't bad so much as how they stuck in random recycled voice bits and grunts for the non-voiced lines.
Well, that and I got tired of hearing "MUH BLURRD IS UNBRRNDRRNGGGHHH!!!" several times per battle.

I actually really liked that line. Mostly because I laughed at it. Or the sound of him grunting rapidly as I switched up to it.

Oddly enough, I hated the game's victory music. I can't even remember what I didn't like about it. Just something about it bothered me. Plus I seem to recall feeling like the post battle stuff took too long to go away... felt more like the game froze, rather than was doing post battle stuff.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Is Golf Story fully brand new? For whatever reason, I was thinking it was an adaptation of something older.

I just assumed it was something like the Golf RPG or whatever it was a bunch of goons really loved on Gameboy?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Steamworld Dig was pretty nice when I started it, but I got pretty bored with it by the ending. Not sure what it was that did that to it for me.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I remember some goon a week or so ago posted about getting little gel grips similar to these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072F6XMYV/

Were those actually useful / did they feel at all beneficial to use? Now and then I kind of hate the joysticks on the joy-cons... But not enough to feel a huge urge to buy something like this unless it seems to help a lot with comfort/control.

Also I recall when the Switch came out, there was some bitching about joy-cons occasionally losing connection with the system, has there ever been anything said/done about fixing this?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Was there ever some kind of fix for that issue where some people were having their joy-cons not connect properly? I remember hearing a lot about it early on, and feel like it kind of vanished 2-3 weeks later... but I never heard anyone mention it had been fixed.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I'd really really like to see DBFighterZ be the next big drop on it. It might never happen given the engine it runs on

I seem to recall seeing some quote from someone involved, saying they would consider porting it based on demand? Right now it seems like it'd be a pretty good idea to assume there was a want for it on the Switch.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
+1 with all the Darkest Dungeon hype. I was just thinking the other day about REALLY wanting the game to be put on the Switch.

I keep never finishing it on PC. I kick started the game far enough to get early access.... and have yet to ever play super far in it. Every time I stop playing for a day or two I stop playing for 2-3 months... then I go back and just start over from the beginning again instead.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

This reminds me, I was just wondering recently whatever happened with that thing where Nintendo bought into stuff for screens with holes in them or whatever it was. I never even saw the fake NX, just remember people whining about it and didn't care enough to look.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

This seems kind of cool. I always like wasting time here and there on dungeon crawlers. I've not looked at this game any... but if it lets you save anywhere/anytime I think it'd be pretty cool to bust out randomly here and there when out with the Switch.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Not on SomethingAwful!

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I like playing the Switch

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Lol...

I’ve bought 12 physical games and more than a half dozen digital games and my reward is $2.54 off a digital game. This is truly the Club Nintendo replacement we deserve.

e: what’s extra awesome is that now physical games should earn 1% back, so 60 cents per $59.99 game, but for the past year they’ve been giving 12 coins per $59.99 game... gently caress you early adopters!

This reminds me I had a bunch of gold coins expiring last month, and I forgot to use them. :doh:

Then again there wasn't anything too good to get. My only idea was to get the 50% off Mario 3 on the 3DS so I could just play that whenever (despite the 3DS barely being touched now that the Switch is around for toilet and travel duty)

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I seem to recall forever ago there was some Nyko dock that everyone was excited over.... and turned out to be dangerous for the Switch and not good.

Was there ever a good dock made outside of the 1st party one? Mainly I've been wondering about something you could easily and quickly plug into the TV of a friend or family when traveling.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Has anyone ever had an issue where their Switch no longer displays to the TV? Recently I went to play something and the TV stayed blank. It would recognize the dock was sending something, but then just say no signal detected. I can't seem to find anything online other than "buy a new dock" or "get Nintendo to replace the dock (and maybe also fix the Switch). Would really rather not spend loving.... $60? on a new dock... but am thinking my launch Switch is probably no longer going to be covered by warranty?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

when in doubt, call their customer service. Nintendo has surprised people with free repairs as often as not

The one time I've had to deal with them in the past was great, I just haven't been feeling like calling and doing all the troubleshooting for the past week. But definitely miss doing the Switch on TV / when it's charging.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Just to trouble check have you taken the switch out/put it back to make sure it's securely in the dock, and is your dock plugged in and receiving power

Multiple times. I've tried turning it on in the dock, turning it on then putting it in the dock, unplugging everything. Nothing seems to help. I'm gone all weekend so I'll test my luck with the Customer Service on Monday.

edit: Holy poo poo 7 pages since yesterday.

double reppuken edit:

ErIog posted:

You should look into cleaning your USB-C port or the USB-C nubbin in the dock. With the way USB-C is designed it's easy for dust/grime to get on the vertical surfaces in the middle without it being readily apparent. My Switch now will no longer connect to the TV nor charge from the dock. Weirdly, though, it does charge reliably from my portable power bank and also from an Apple USB-C charger. It's hell of annoying.

gently caress, I'll hope that's the issue. That's so dumb I want it to be right and make me say "gently caress" or "poo poo."

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

ErIog posted:

You should look into cleaning your USB-C port or the USB-C nubbin in the dock. With the way USB-C is designed it's easy for dust/grime to get on the vertical surfaces in the middle without it being readily apparent. My Switch now will no longer connect to the TV nor charge from the dock. Weirdly, though, it does charge reliably from my portable power bank and also from an Apple USB-C charger. It's hell of annoying.

MaxDuo posted:

I'll hope that's the issue.

Well it was this incredibly dumb issue. Cleaned both USB-C ports with a bit of rubbing alcohol and let them dry up near a fan and suddenly it works perfectly fine. Kind of makes me wish they designed the dock to cover that slot up when the Switch was taken out somehow. Dust and grime from a month or so of not being in the dock shouldn't kill video. :smith:

• Locked thread