Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Are the differences between something being on internal memory, on an SD card, or on a game card really that significant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Article here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-best-microsd-cards-for-switch-loading-time-comparison

So yeah the internal memory is faster by a few seconds (think they said usually like 14 % faster compared to game carts) than both SD and game carts with SD cards having a slight advantage over carts.

Doesn't really matter for online stuff though, yeah. It's also super-annoying that you can't switch stuff from internal to SD card without loving re-downloading it; JFC

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Feel like I bought the Switch a little early as there's very little out right now but being "in" at the start of the Splatoon online play this go-around was worth it and I've enjoyed having it during trips so far as well.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Modus Pwnens posted:

I wish I had enough free time to think that the Switch has too few games.

More like not enough games that I like absolutely have to play yet- some nice indie stuff, some of which I've already played. Kinda surprised there's absolutely no kind of Virtual Console stuff going yet though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Got shipped Mario Odyssey early yesterday from Amazon and had time to play it a bit last night- I dunno why but the old formula still works

entrancing

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ah man nice to have Into the Breach on the Switch- didn't think the "analog stick to control what was once a mouse cursor" thing would work that great but it actually feels good. The "snapping" to selections works well so it feels pretty smooth.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It took them a year to throw some .nes files with a slick UI up lol

On the other hand I'm probably also going to give them the 20 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like the first VC and then the second and third ones were only on PSP and the spinoff one wasn't a VC game mechanically so I'm looking forward to 4 and also on the Switch

It's always like a bonus when a game releases on the Switch

Port all games to the Switch under threat of death whether they run at 60 fps or not

• Locked thread