Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I just got a Switch after not owning a Nintendo console since the Cube yayyyy Christmas. Nabbed a couple of those $50 for $42 eShop codes from the deals thread and got Zelda from there, planning on using Gamefly for some of the more $60 play through one time kinda games. How bout for smaller titles like Shovel Knight, Axiom Verge, etc., is there a pro strat for saving money? I mainly play on PC and have a Steam Link so I've seen those around for $5 or whatever all the time but haven't really wanted to take the time to play em till now that I can do it handheld. Am I in the world of Apple style paying near full price for everything or is there anything worth doing like grab more discount eShop codes and wait for sales kind of stuff? I don't wanna use $15/mo Gamefly time, and the physical media route looks like a wash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
If you can game while exercising either your exercise is too easy so you can focus on the game or the game you're playing sucks cause it's not interesting enough to focus on. Stick with catching up on your TV shows (Hulu on Switch!) unless you have a busted leg and can only pedal the equivalent of 5mph or something.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Speak of the devil, Dr. E just posted the more budget friendly 64GB cards being on sale:

I got the 128 version on sale for $40 a couple weeks ago, working with my Switch no prob.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Weedle posted:

When you feel like you’ve outgrown Pokémon, that means it’s time to play Shin Megami Tensei Tekken 7.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Modus Pwnens posted:

If you're not on PC, how do you route video game sound and Discord chat through the same headset?

lol if you don't play your switch in portable mode on the train with an audio cable out to a Y adapter along with your headset into a laptop in your backpack that's running Discord and the audio routing.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Just checkin in to say Bayo 2 is dope af

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I totes feel ya on the Zelda master trials! Getting through the first one was kinda neat I guess but after a few goes at trial 2 I said screw it there are better games for that kind of poo poo like Bayonetta. The BOTW-ey starting with no resources and scrapping gear and food together sounds like a fun take on the series of bad guy rooms formula but with the chance to just get wrecked and no checkpoints making you repeat everything AGAIN nooope. Skipped most of the DLC items too cause after a couple of reading hints and hunting them out myself it just felt like :effort: for things I wasn't gonna use anyway. Overall not a fan of the DLC and wish I didn't buy it. The extra shrines and boss rehashes were cool, though by that point I was about checked out and just went and slayed Ganon.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I've played mostly in handheld and a bunch of BOTW, and mine has occasionally kicked the fan up pretty high when I didn't expect it to (hadn't been running long, ~72f environment), but it didn't stay ramped up very long. If yours is doing it a lot my .02c be to glance at the exhaust port on the top to make sure nothing's blocking it, blast some compressed air in there if you have it, and do a full shutdown reboot. Shouldn't be running loud like that very often.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Folt The Bolt posted:

No you don't. Here's some evidence for you:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/997545396153995264

Literally only did two Adventure Mode squares so far and Ravio is now mine.

It probably does help that actually doing the objectives in Ravio's mission and killing the Advanced Healers that show up when they're done means you can kill Dodongo the standard way, go around to collect Magic to fill your meter, then use some Special attacks on Gohma and kill him with a Dark element user (Ganondorf fully charged C1 -> C3 -> normal attacks until break or Wizzro with badges filled out to get his C4 to spam on Gohma's WPG works wonders for this), even without badges that makes enemies take more WPG damage.

Akuma's just poppin up everywhere nowadays

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Overcooked 2 pleeeeassse I wanna believe!

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

TheScott2K posted:

:stare:

I never know what to say to a cheap rich person

It makes the games available for ~the poors~ to rent from the library, sounds p cool to me? :shrug:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Clicking that made me sad, I thought it was gonna be a legit new Shaq Fu (with a loose definition of legit).

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Atlas Hugged posted:

In Minnesota the exchange normally goes:

A: Could I get you a drink?
B: No, I'm fine.
A: Really? It's no bother.
B: Oh, I couldn't trouble you.
A: I'll go put the coffee on; you just stay there.
B: There's no need, honest. I couldn't let you do that much work for me.
A: How about a pop then?
B: It's really not necessary.
A: Come on, I insist.
B: Well, if you insist then. I'll take a coke.
A: Ice? Glass?
B: Just the can is fine.
A: I'll get you a glass just in case. And Margery just made a pan of bars. Would you like a bar?
B: Oh no, I've got to get going soon.
A: Stick around a while. It's cold out. They're really good bars. And we're having hot dish later, dontchaknow.
B: Hot dish? Well, I couldn't say no to that. That'd just be rude.

Lawl, MY WIFE from up there got a pretty good kick out of that and confirmed as fact.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'd absolutely not get the Pro controller for fighting games - paying a lot of money for something that won't work for what ya want it for cause the Dpad sucks, and you don't wanna try and use a controller joystick. More expensive but grooviest option is to get an arcade stick plus Brooks converter (then you can also keep using the stick over the years on other systems), cheaper native Switch options look like either an 8bitdo (SN30 Pro?), or the Hori Pokken pad looks worth doing some googling about or if anyone in the thread has maybe tried it out http://stores.horiusa.com/pokken-tournament-dx-pro-pad-wired-controller-for-nintendo-switch/.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

redreader posted:

Every single time I try to log into the e shop, I can't enter my password. The box is greyed out. I have to reset my cache in the system menu and then I can enter my password. Is this a common issue?

Try a full reboot

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Good lord this popped up in my google feed, who's the goon working at jezebel

https://jezebel.com/which-mario-kart-64-character-sounds-the-horniest-1827397259

e: URL was shortened, it's which-mario-kart-64-character-sounds-the-horniest

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 10, 2018

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Dug Xenoblade 2 for a while, then started to think I was getting bored and maybe I should switch to some other JRPGs in the backlog, and came back around to digging it a lot. I'm..I dunno..a lot of hours in, only about halfway through the story and starting to hoof around for sidequests. Got a kick when I opened a rare blade that wholesale lifted Juri from Street Fighter's look and the intro animation was Juri's super hah.

Anyone know if blade passives require the blade to be out? The red stuff on the left on the affinity chart seems to correspond to the actual special being used (like heal 20% of damage done), wondering if yellow (I think?) bubbles towards the right like +50% damage for the first 30s of battle work if you start the fight with a different blade out.

XB2 and Zelda are the first times in forever (except FFXV on PC I guess) that I've really gotten ~immersed~ with just tooling around seeing the sights and doing optional stuff instead of sprinting objective to objective. Like I dropped Dragon's Dogma quick cause the short travel time running around to things just killed me. FFXV I only did on PC cause the fast travel and load times were really snappy compared to PS4 where I couldn't stand it. With XB2 and Zelda I haven't minded it all though, I dunno how much it's the games or running on dad time and the Switch letting me just chill in handheld mode and picking it up and putting it down in a second vs. having to go back to the office and load up a PC game, or take over the TV for other consoles. Either way it's great. I was playing XB2 while poo-ing and did a combo that popped up EXCELLENT, BREAK WIND lol.

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 13, 2018

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm trying to play my Switch outside but all I see is my face from the sun hitting my mirror-like complexion please advise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Diabetic posted:

All these people wanting Goku really just want another Jump Ultimate Stars style game. It plays like Smash, has a ton of characters that are just now appearing in the West, and J Star Victory Vs was pretty garbage compared to how good and simple the 2D game was on the DS.

Nah it's been shown statistically that Goku should be in about 60% of games, there's just some licensing BS that holds it up a lot of the time.

• Locked thread