Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i want splatoon 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Join the queue, pal.

buying digital, no queue for me

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Word: I bought it.

that's three words

alternative word: i didn't buy it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if you pick a splat fest team based not on what you actually have interest in but instead what some fictional character chooses as their team then i am afraid to tell you this but you are an idiot

neither of them give a gently caress what you do for them

when the inevitable pearl vs marina splat fest comes up then i expect you to die on your chosen hill

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cathead posted:

Why does it actually matter what reason they had to pick a side in the first place?

people who pick a splatfest side because of what character is backing it are like people who never nickname their pokemon

they have no sense of self identity and are incapable of just having fun with something stupid :colbert:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i've been an all digital boy since 2014 and have no regrets

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Bloop posted:

You sure seem to care about this a whole lot

i have very strong feelings about dumb inconsequential things in video games and you can't take them away from me

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Anidav posted:

Actually splatfests are waifu wars

my waifu "ketchup"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

HyperPuma posted:

stardew valley has endless playability

stardew valley has no playability

because it's not out yet

stardew valley when

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

GoldfishStew posted:

Buying digital is the way to go! - dude who can't play games because the e-shop is down.

this minor delay sure is the number one example of why you shouldn't buy digital game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Always buy physical son drat

you're not my real dad

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

I almost wanna fly again so I can Switch away.

i have good news friend

you can play the switch right here right now without having to be on a plane!

nintendo is real

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Severed is coming to the Switch. You guys like Severed, right? I do.

Not sure how good it'll be to play on a Switch but the game is dope.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Drunk Tomato posted:

Severed is perfect for the switch.

At least in touch screen mode. Will it even be playable with joycons?

sounds like you can't play it docked

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Frankston posted:

Lol, this can't be true

https://twitter.com/drinkboxstudios/status/894963040596131841

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

it's so hosed up they didn't put miiverse on the switch but now they're going and shutting it down too

end of an era

gonna miss it real bad

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SHO
VEL
KNIGHT

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if you really take a deep dive into the lore you'll see that waluigi sucks rear end

or any dive at all

just wade into the shallow end, oops, he's still extremely lame

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

finally checked out the nindies showcase

there's the obvious stuff i'm interested in-- shovel knight, golf story

i'm also very very interested in yono, floor kids, and dragon marked for death. basically i'm like 90% sold on those but would like to learn a bit more before i buy them day 1.

light fingers looks tight as hell?? like i only watched the trailer once but it seemed kinda yawhg-ish to me and i loved that game so i'm very interested to see more.

meat boy forever looked like a turd

everything else i range from "eh" to "neat but not that interested" to "a multiplayer-only indie game on the switch will never work"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

arms... more like... rear end

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

with mario kart animal crossing stage, amiibo festival, and like one million animal crossing amiibo cards, i am loving baffled that there was apparently no animal crossing ready for switch launch

where the hell is animal crossing switch

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So two more hours and we aren't forced to participate in Nintendo's little marketing ploy for Splatoon right?

what

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Nintendo is a curiosity to me. I'm trying to imagine any other company shutting off modes on a holiday weekend so that people can only play their causal, free to play, money making event.

making money from what???????????

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

raditts posted:

They put out an update for the 3DS Animal Crossing instead. You probably won't be seeing that on Switch until a year or two after the 3DS is officially dead.

i honestly figured that they had something in works for the wii u but decided to push it back to the switch and that's why they had all these high res assets for mario kart and amiibo festival plus an explanation for all these amiibo cards

the update to new leaf felt like part of that stop gap stuff

but i guess they really just had nothing??

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't know if i can sleep tonight if we don't get to the bottom of whatever the gently caress it is xyrloc is trying to complain about

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

how do you carry your switches on travel?

back pocket

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i liked hyrule warriors a lot but then the more i played it the more i started having problems with it

individually levelling up every character took a very long time

bosses where you could only hurt them at specific opportunities dragged the game down a lot (looking at you, imprisoned)

the adventure maps had some stages of just absolutely ball crushing difficulty

honestly that second point is what i had the most issue with. i think i saw fire emblem still has that guard crush thing where you have to deplete an officers meter to do a strong attack against them and ughhhhh just let me hit bosses in this warriors game

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 3, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

skyrim is good actually

not going to buy it on the switch though

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Limited play Pokken demo can kiss my rear end

consider buying the game

or better yet don't because it's pokken

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

aren't nicalis ports notoriously bad or something

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

xenoblade chronicles was a game that had no right being as good as it was and as someone who tends to get super bored by RPGs i put like 80 hours into it and beat in two weeks

didn't play xcx because i heard the things i liked about the first game were not the focus of xcx

so xc2 being more a return to form definitely has me interested though i'm skeptical about the character designs and how the heck they're gonna surprise me with a bomb rear end story again

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

xenoblade chronicles fuckin kicks rear end

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what a bunch of jokers

let's not lose our heads though

now it's reyn time

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

drat, you guys are really making me want to get to Xenoblade after I'm done with Rabbids and Samus Returns. I only have access to it on a 3DS at the moment. Should I just wait and play it on Wii U? I see that the digital version on there lets me use the gamepad so that's a plus.

xenoblade is already a kind of ugly game (like it's nice for a wii game but it's still a wii game) and the 3ds doesn't do it many favors

pick it up on wii u. gamepad support is nice if you like that (i do)

just note:
1) the game is LONG
2) if you don't feel like doing side quests DONT DO ANY oh my god there are so many

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmao la noire

it's one of <10 games out of hundreds on my steam library that i categorized under "gently caress these games"

what a bad game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

gently caress yeah HD rumble

now i can REALLY feel those interrogations

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

la noire is a game with basically no fail state investigation-wise yet it still explicitly tells you when you've hosed up but punishes you for restarting

it's like a total clash of game design

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lethal league on switch would be dope because switch is the most convenient way to play local multiplayer stuff imho

that is, provided, you can use single joycons per player

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gal Metal is going to be GotY

Key words for the project include "metal drumming," "teen sci-fi comics," and "high school girls."

tell me more

no literally tell me more i haven't heard of this what is this i'm interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

goty

• Locked thread