Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

eonwe posted:

NINTENDO IS CUTE. MARIO IS GOOD.

wrong

mario is cute, nintendo is good

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

hmm, interesting point, but have you considered: Ice Cream is Good & Cake is Trash

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What happens if you buy a digital copy of a game you already own on physical? Will the save data transfer?

Kind of want to sell off my Splatoon 2 cart and download it instead, I keep swapping back and forth between that and other games.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

^^^ thanks, friend :)

overdesigned posted:

My friend told me that downloading everything was the way to go but I love physical media so I started buying carts and while I still love physical media (what if the apocalypse happens!? I NEED TO HAVE ALL MY SWITCH GAMEZ) I'm kinda bummed at how right he is/how wrong I was. Being able to switch games instantly would be nice.

nintendo where's my "install to SD card" option for cart-bought games
this is 100% me :negative:

but at least the boxes look nice on the shelf

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

god the camera mode in mario is so good

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Anyone picked up Floor Kids from the eShop? It seems pretty interesting, but I can't find many reviews for it.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Oxenfree is a pretty good narrative driven game if you haven't played it on PC already.

The Bridge is a neat little puzzler based on rotating stages, but it tries a bit too hard to ape Braid's narrative style. It's been a while since I played it, so I could be remembering it wrong.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

if there's a direct this week, there's only one right answer

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/873323401062092800

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

a cat irl posted:

Give me katamari on the switch

gently caress i didnt realize how much i wanted this until now

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Finally got around to Battle Chef Brigade and trip report: it's real good y'all.

I'm not much for match 3 puzzlers, but I was surprised that you could weave in and out of cooking-puzzling and combat so fluidly, I'd assumed they were discrete separate sections.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'm loving Necrodancer, but I'm not sure how you're supposed to collect enough diamonds to get some of the later upgrades, since you have to get them in one run, but bosses only drop 5 the first time you beat them, and random ones seem pretty rare.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

it's even crazier than that; according to the poster in the comments, that was the first time anyone had seen the sheet music, they were all sightreading

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Not Operator posted:

Hey has anyone tried the Necrodancer co-op?

I have, it's pretty fun, but if you aren't in tune with your buddy's movements, they will absolutely get you killed, since they can block your movement and draw aggro in the wrong direction.

I would recommend sticking with Cadence (the only character with a palette swap), or making sure you two are playing two different characters. We were both playing Reaper and between the identical sprites and the tons of little soul dudes, it became a huge mess :v:

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Also unlike most console shooters, splatoon has no aim assist, so you're at a major disadvantage with sticks.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

nintendo, make Waddle Dee Allies real, you cowards

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Does anyone have experience replacing one of those AmFilm glass screen protectors? I accidentally dropped my Switch and cracked mine, and I'm wondering what the safest way to remove the old protector is. I've seen some mentions of using a hair dryer to loosen the glue, has anyone done this before?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Spanish accent anime Meta Knight is the only correct canon voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEmmCIxCtjw&t=40s

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Give it until level 10 when you unlock the ranked modes. Turf war is good for learning the ropes, but hits a skill ceiling pretty easily since all that really matters is the last 30 seconds.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Finally beat the base Shovel Knight campaign, what dlc do people recommend doing next? Plague or Spectre?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Having fun with Death Road to Canada, but where the hell do medical supplies spawn? All my dinguses are about to die and I have no way to heal.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

hope you like throwing bombs for 20 minutes

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Your Computer posted:

just lol if you don't play every Bethesda game as a stealth sniper

:emptyquote:

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Gonna be honest, not really. It's really short, and the puzzle/level design is pretty lacking compared to something like Planet Robobot.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

a.lo posted:

we will never see an animal crossing on this thing

how dare you

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

My good friend, the Elk Thong Shiv

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

reggie, please make this real and on switch

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Holy gently caress I just got off a plane and saw the animal crossing news

Thank you based reggie I never should have doubted

E: new luigi's mansion and katamari too???? :dogcited:

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

After never finishing Okami on Wii or PS2, I will finally complete it, 12 years late, on god's perfect console

But goddamn, I forgot how much Issun sucks as a character. Dude talks slow as hell and can't get through a single cutscene with women NPCs without being a perv.

• Locked thread