Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm really excited for the amount of playable buddies in Kirby. If t h e l e a k s are true and you can play as all the helpers solo post-game then I know i'm going to be playing Star Allies for a long time to come. :3:

Mario Tennis also looks like a good time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

a.lo posted:

its going to be called super smash bros. fighter z

Actually it's going to be called Super Mario Bros. Z and Mario is going to go Super Saiyan in it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

emoji posted:

I'm playing the series for the first time and started with 1 knowing it would be hard to play 1 later if I played 2 first and was afraid 1 would look and feel dated but am happy to report it does not

You're gonna be blown away when you get around to playing Bayonetta 2. It's a beautiful game.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Not Operator posted:

Be glad it's not still the nineties when every computer and computer-adjacent appliance was that beige colour that turned piss yellow over time.

They should bring back faux woodgrain panelling.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I love that King Dedede has his pratfall attack from Smash as one of his moves in Star Allies. :3:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Wendell posted:

That is his pratfall attack from Kirby's Dream Land!

True! I just associate it with Smash Bros because that was the first time players got to do it themselves.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

You also unlock a Boss Rush mode where you pick your starting power and three allies and are stuck with that team, then you take on boss waves. You do play as Kirby in this one. Both modes can of course be played co-op.

You can actually play as the helpers in Boss Rush mode as well. If you press X when selecting a power at the start you can switch between Kirby and the power's respective helper.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The bonus boss of the Guest Star mode in Kirby: Star Allies is one of the deepest cuts I've ever seen in a video game. I was absolutely floored when they revealed themselves. Can't believe they went there.

10/10

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

gonna take a stab in the dark and guess, just give me a yes or no: is it Lolo and Lala?

(KIRBY SPOILERS) It's the unused Meta Knight design that we first got a glimse of in the Kirby Dream Collection art booklet, now renamed 'Morpho Knight'.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

SilverSupernova posted:

I love the fact that they introduce him in the game through that same butterfly that has shown up in the opening cutscenes of every game since Return to Dream Land.

Yeah, it's awesome. The 𝕯𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖊 in the past handful of Kirby games has been off the charts.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Killer7 is still at the tip-top of "please re-release this for everything" for me simply because it is one of the weirdest games I've ever experienced. But then again I also really want Binary Domain and Vanquish as portable games.

My friend, do I have some news very hot off the presses for you:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/19/killer-7-another-grasshopper-manufacture-classic-getting-remastered-report/

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

So the new Kirby game has a Time Trial mode? I'm confused.

Is skill range in this game high enough that there's a significant difference between the best and worst players? Are the friendly characters you get to group with reliable and consistent enough that any time trial or challenge runs wouldn't be hugely dependent on some AI behavioral RNG or something?

Time trial modes in Kirby are mostly just an excuse to put in playable P1 characters besides Kirby. The stopwatch element is mostly ancillary.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

What are some good Switch indie titles for a new owner? I got Golf Story, Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. I know Celeste is supposed to be really good but I don't know if I want to pay $20 to get frustrated just yet; I'll grab it on sale.

You can get the Plague Knight standalone DLC for Shovel Knight for less than a tenner if memory serves me right. It's super good!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Re: Kirby DLC chat: the #1 ally I want them to add is the aging biker Cappy from that one episode of the Kirby anime.

e: Put him in Smash, too, just for good measure.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 23, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Re: Kirby DLC chat: the #1 ally I want them to add is the aging biker Cappy from that one episode of the Kirby anime.

e: Put him in Smash, too, just for good measure.

I take it back. I didn't notice the Iron Cross-shaped wing mirrors.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is the Kirby kids anime on any streaming service? I think my kid would dig it.

It's not available on any service, but someone uploaded the whole series to Youtube. It's been there for years and has never been taken down, so I don't think Nintendo will mind if your kid watches it this way.

Here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjeZI9kDDwDuAFvFVts6E7ZmLi97XLape

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Friends, I need help beating Soul Melter in Kirby. Is there any line-up for it cheesier than Plugg + three Chef Kawasakis? I keep dying to the very last boss and it's starting to make me a little sad. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

They really went above and beyond with the new dream allies in Kirby; they're all super fun! They even went so far as to remix some of the levels to make them better suited for the characters' movesets.

What a game. :swoon:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

God dammit in Kirby I can't get Chef Kawasaki to do any helpful powerups until the after the boss is dead and I don't have time to run over and get the food.

rear end in a top hat.

I was running into the same issue while playing Soul Melter. The solution is to take control of Chef Kawasaki and do the potluck move yourself.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokken has blastoise

Yeah? Well it should've had Swampert. :colbert:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

so whos gonna be playing not-castlevania 3 on switch in two weeks? i know i am. looks cool as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlDq0FQS15o

Inti Creates has never* steered me wrong so you bet I'm going to be playing this. €10 sounds like a steal.

*I saw the writing on the wall with Mighty No. 9 so I never played that one.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Eurogamer are reporting the Star Fox Grand Prix leak as well. Looks like it might be legitimate.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/996021609864548352

I wanna go vroom vroom as Wolf.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Eventually they're gonna run out of global regions to base Pokemon games off of.

I hope the next one is Australia :allears:.

Having every Pokémon be poison type would be really weird in my opinion.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

enojy posted:

For you handful of rhythm game fans, Taiko no Tatsujin is indeed getting its own proprietary wired controller by HORI. Costs more than the game, though... also has slots for two water bottles in the back to weigh it down for those hardcore play sessions (will probably be necessary!)

I like to keep my Taiko playing as authentic as possible, so I've been waiting for something like this to be announced! :stoked:

e: Oh, it's 7000 yen? Nevermind then I guess. :(

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 15, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They also posted a hint at who one of the friends is (it's Daroach)

Someone datamined the game a while back and found out what characters are going to be added to the game as dream allies. They are:

Wave one: Daroach, Adeleine, Meta Knight
Wave two: Magalor, Susie, Taranza, and the Jambastion mages

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Tingle is lame.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I'd honestly rather have Revengeance on Switch even though the chance of that is 0%. Vanquish, though....

I am unbelievably miffed that the PC port of Vanquish still hasn't made it onto any other platforms. Switch would be nice (Gyro aiming :shittydog:) but I would also like to play the game at 60fps on PS4. Sega, please do this for me...

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Policenaut posted:

XSEED announced the new games they're localizing this year ahead of E3, Gal Metal is one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc7FyG1CrPc

Gungrave VR is the only good VR game.

They teased another proper Gungrave game at the end of it, so maybe that'll come to the Switch. :pray:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The only thing I know for sure is that if the N64 Mini turns out to be real Mischief Makers will still get snubbed from it. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I want the Mario Tennis demo to show up on the eShop already!! :mad:

e: Oh, apparently you won't even be able to play it until the tournament next week? I wish they would've communicated that more clearly. Some very misleading information must've been sent to the press, because both Polygon and IGN reported it'd be playable all week. :(

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 24, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Demo is up now. I believe it’s not actually playable until June 1st though.

It seems that way. I downloaded it and it gives me a "This service is currently unavailable" message when I load it up. :qq:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It looks very pretty on the Switch, but if the 3DS version is cheaper it may just win out based on that alone.

They're both $40 from the looks of it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I can't believe we're getting two different Koopas, Dry Bones, and Dry Bowser but no mention of Shiverians and Tostarenans.

I want to be a round seal boy bouncing around the court. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Mario Tennis: Smacking Balls test goes live tomorrow and lasts all weekend right?

Yes.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Your Computer posted:

It has happened several times when I'm dead centre in the middle of the star though. I guess it probably doesn't help that I've yet to have an opponent with more than a single bar on the connection indicator?

Remember that you can decline opponents and see how well you're connected to them when given the option! I realised this only after a few hours of playing and it could've prevented a lot of terrible matches from happening. :shepface:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

A lot of 4/5 bar connections in Mario Tennis Aces are turning into 1 bar connections halfway through matches. I'd almost say that issue has to be on my end, but I'm in a wired connection, so I can't imagine that being the case. Either way, it's really bumming me out. I hope things improve before the end of the demo, otherwise I don't think I'll be buying the game. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

One exception: I sometimes slip and double tap x when trying to do x button shots which the game interprets as the alternate input for trick shots. Please no let me turn that off.

It's super weird that they let you turn off using the right stick for trick shots but not X. X needs to be used for things besides trick shots but the right stick doesn't. Why?? :psyduck:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The X button having four different functions reminds me of having to cycle through different functions of the B button in Sonic Adventure 2. Why couldn't they have made more economic use of the trigger buttons instead? :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

So colorblind people basically can’t play? I can’t distinguish blue and purple.

You can tell which is which based on the movement of the ball. Purple balls go in a high arc, blue balls stick closer to the net and don't really have an arc to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I hope Konami hits us with a swerve and releases a Rocket Knight Adventures collection on the Switch.

• Locked thread