Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hey everyone mighty Gunvolt Burst is surprisingly good and only ten bucks. Give it a try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

the truth posted:

Getting Splatoon 2 digital because I want to be able to load it up whenever I want.

Same

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Download multiplayer games, get single player games on cart

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

After a lifetime of carts, that is where I'm going with Switch. I can loan the single player things out to friends as I finish them, but all of the stuff i actively play from time to time will just reside on memory. Was at my brother's a few weeks ago and we were just hopping between games every few rounds and it was really convenient.

I made the rookie mistake of getting Mario kart on kart (ha), but I'm getting splatoon digitally. And I already downloaded arms.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

And then he killed everyone

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I have the neon and the yellow ones and it's taking a lot of willpower to not pick up the Splatoon ones as well

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

lol, there's a lot of spill over like M2K still playing Smash 4 and there was recently a Smash 4 player two sexually assaulted someone else in her bed while she was sleeping next to her boyfriend. The Smash 4 community hasn't had time to flourish into the gigantic turd that the Melee scene has, give it time.

That dude got kicked from the community and now competes in Mexico (where he's from)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

The FGC isn't that much better with people like Noel Brown who beat the poo poo out of girlfriend and I think he did it twice, he also got into a fist fight on stream with someone else. I'm sure there's more people like that but he's all I can recall right now.

Then again professional sports players aren't that much better, lol

No exports competitor has killed anyone yet you my knowledge

But yeah I don't think "here's a list of people who have committed crimes and also played videogames" is really a reflection on the community, unless their crimes were actively covered up by people in the community

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I just got tired of reading the "smash community is full of human degenerates" discussion after the 5th time it came up in this thread. Well, the previous thread

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm going to keep the thread updated on all instances of harassment and skullduggery related to Smash for Switch. I just put it a Google alert, so the second someone gropes someone while playing this as of yet unannounced game, you'll know it. Unless it happens at Treehouse or Mario Club in localization and testing, as they handle these kinds of accidents through HR and arbitration most likely, and details would be unlikely to become public.

Thank you for your service

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

He was good in brawl, both in the competitive sense and in the fun to play sense. He's a mess in smash 4 though

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Just give me poke floats in the new smash game and ill be happy

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

Sounds like the broken controllers are just "experts" capitalizing on an exploit to give them an advantage over normies, however small.

If you need a very specific controller to play the game, you are basically cheating. This is no different than using a turbo button to win a mashing contest. These controllers are allowed in tournament play?

Don't worry it's not something the average player could pull off even if they had the appropriate controller. It's definitely not a turbo controller level advantage like you're thinking

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I don't even like melee but if we're gonna start complaining about things we don't understand then I'm going to start blaming WiFi shortages on melee tournament players

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

M2K turned into a mist form with the full moon and killed my dog

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I use a red left and a yellow right joycon. Thus signifies my status as an alpha male

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've frequented a lot of toy forums over the years. A lot of people say things like that entirely seriously.

okay, first step: stop going to toy forums

Edit: http://www.theonion.com/article/fun-toy-banned-because-of-three-stupid-dead-kids-290

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

does new donk city have a standing army? What kind of economy are we looking at here

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I heard new donk city has a real gentrification problem

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pauline is the first woman to sit in the oval office in the Donk House

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Also, mighty Gunvolt burst is phenomenal and only ten bucks!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

How would you say it compares to Mega Man X? That seems to be the sweet spot in the series for me.

It's not as good as mega man x but few games are. It does have that games speed (if you play as beck, he can do an air dash), though not at first. Make sure you do the propeller stage first and unlock the aerial option power up. It should honestly be available from the start, but much like the dash boots in X being locked in chill penguin's stage, it's a small issue I'm willing to overlook.

If you like mega man x I think you'll like this game, it's probably the game mighty number 9 should've been from the start

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah it's odd because there are certain bosses that you can't dodge without it (Brandish, the sword guy who is definitely NOT zero), but you could theoretically go through 7 stages before unlocking it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah the pro controller is amazing. If you can afford it, I'd highly recommend getting one

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I wish the pro controller wasn't $80. Who am I kidding. I have docked my Switch once to see how it works and I have played handheld ever since.

I have good news!

It's $70!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I like the split joycons for Mario kart but not for botw

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

Can you only play teams if you have 4 people? A friend and myself made a room and readied up but it wouldn't start a countdown, and we didn't see any way to start it

I believe you need 4 for this mode right now but in that final version you can queue up with just 2 during a splat fest

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I'm really bad at Mega Man games because the Wii was basically my first Nintendo system so I never played any MM when I was growing up. Would it be worth me checking out Mighty Gunvolt Burst?

Yes. It's tough but incredibly easy to beat if you need help (it gives you the ability to lower damage taken, knockback taken, not die instantly from spikes, etc) thanks to the mod buster mechanic

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I regret paying full price for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. That's on PC, but still, while we're airing regrets :v:
It's fun and I enjoy it, but it's like $30 fun, not $60 + Season Pass fun.

Uh, so keep that in mind when the Switch version gets a release date. It's not a *bad* game, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a good game, either. The fun of making your own Original Character (Do Not Steal), with customizable moves and clothes, and getting time-travel inserted into major battles from DBZ history (with some twists), is offset by some pretty baffling design decisions and finicky controls. Some of the what-if type scenarios are pretty cute, though. Captain Ginyu's body-swapping power gets some good use for those.

Good news! It's only 40 bucks on the switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Xenoblade chronicles x had good gameplay gated behind bad design. which is generally easier for a team to fix going forward than bad gameplay

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I found the on-foot combat to be fun and engaging, the mixing and matching with weapons, Arts, and party member callouts was cool.

Yah. It's a shame that it's so murky and poorly explained but I liked the combat when I hot the hang of it. I never really liked the skell combat though, which is a shame

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

I don't understand why XCX just didn't use the same battle system as Xenoblade.
XB's battles were fun due to its assigning specific roles to characters, like attacker, tank, debuffer, and healer.
XCX was just buttonmashing.

And the town's "Uh-huh" music just ruined me.

The uhh huh was the best part, what the hell

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I don't like the character design at all but I kinda like the Pokemon mechanic of collecting party members. And the guy from the first game is doing the music again (I really liked the music from the second game but it doesn't hold a candle to the first xenoblade), so ill probably pick it up unless it's truly awful

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Pirates Curse is no worse in that regard than 1/2 Genie Hero though? It might be better since there's no huge booby boss.

Pirates curse was the one where 3d mode on the 3ds made all the tits pop out right

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Horniness and platformers just don't mix

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Works for me

Well the great state of Maryland and your parole officer disagree

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Virtpoo piss gargling

But seriously accusing someone of virtue signaling is dumb as hell because it presumes you know for a fact that another person is insincere in their intentions (unlike you, the person laying the judgement upon them). Don't start that mess in here

Zelder fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 18, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Niddhogg 2 should really be on the switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Speaking of pve, did they ever manage to make the overwatch mode fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

What you've never seen a hardcore Gamer control 4 squids at once in order to avoid playing with c c casuals?!

once, and it's haunted me ever since

• Locked thread