Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i've got an 8bitdo controller ready to roll and about $25 to spend on the nintendo eshop

what should i blow it on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Sonic Mania

i'm torn between this, GoNNER and Slime-San

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thanks for the tips all. i already have wonderboy and kamiko, and have finished both of em. the shovel knight treasure trove is probably going to be the go-er

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I keep buying Shovel Knight, playing the first level, saving in the town and never playing any further.

that is a dang shame because i just finished KING KNIGHT and its some straight up amazing music

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the only problem with splatoon 2 is that i cant keep playing it while i am asleep tbh

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I kinda wanna know what the embargo for Rabbids + Mario is. I'm getting FINAL BOSS videos from places I assume have review copies and places like Gamexplain went on a huge binge of videos the other day showing various bosses off.

Yet no one is allowed to show review for some reason?

nobody's written a review they're all too busy having fun playing mario and rabbids

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am looking forward to Golf Story a lot. also every other nintendo game

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

when does NESFLIX drop i am keen to play fools in OG mario bros

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

GoldfishStew posted:

Please do not read the spoiler text if you do not smoke weed.

shovel knight is fun to play while high

quoted for truth

also good: slime san

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yoshis island is good

but wooly world is great

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

im in japan for a few weeks, are there any japanese physical released games i should get for the switch that aint elsewhere?

also if anyone else goes to japan visit hakodate and eat lucky burger pierrot it was delicious and bizarre

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Doom / Wolf2 is really the surprise package. honestly blows F4 and Skyrim out of the water. wonder how itll do technically

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

btw if you have a switch and havent played DOOM 2016 yet, you should be excited. one of the best fps campaigns in ages

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

you mean driving as in teeing off right

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thats how i feel between splatfests until i remember i have slime san and golf story to blast as well

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

woop woop i got mario xcom and a snes mini

this nintendo life! oh man

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fly with me posted:

And Wolfenstein II.

i think this only hits the switch in 2018

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Is Axiom Verge good? I loved Shadow Complex.

i also loved Shadow Complex! what a good game. i really wanted to like Axiom Verge a lot but i found it a bit same-ey? i never finished it and got bored from staring at warping pixels the whole time. i never got hooked by it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

And it $15 on US?

Does anyone know anything about the Viking game releasing Thursday? Volgarr the Viking?

Sounds like shovelware but some people I saw were really talking it up as a great platformer. Apparently been out on Steam a couple years. Anyone recommend it?

i didn't know this was coming out, but gently caress yeah, Volgarr is good times. frustrating in a real headache-inducing way but then you blitz through the first level and feel like a brutal golden god.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i haven't played a soccer game since International Superstar Soccer on the Nintendo 64. what's the deal with the new FIFA games? are they mostly club management sims or can you do hectic slide tackles and get a million red cards too?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

too many games for the switch. mario's out in a fortnight and i've barely scraped the surface on slime-san. i still have mario rabbids to finish too. WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really hope they don't BOTH SIDES the game with that communist preacher like how they did in Bioshock Infinite.

i don't think trying to present the nazis as morally ambiguous is really on the Wolfenstein to-do list

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fickle Isthmus posted:

This is wonderful, did you make it?

i vandalised an actually wonderful comic: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11102003

(achewood is the best)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

man even if this game sucks, i am glad wayforward are still doing great pixel animations. aliens infestation was an okay game that looked absolutely gorgeous

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Dumb question: You can put a switch in another switch's dock without issue right? I mean I assume so but I'm just making sure.

yes slam jam thank you maam

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

KingSlime posted:

I guess I could finish Golf Story and continue working through BotW but I want the high of a new purchase, drat it! Other candidates include Shovel Knight (which I already beat on 3DS), Stardew Valley (though I'm not feeling a chill game right now), or maybe even Binding of Isaac, cept that once again that sticker price is stupid high. Ahh I also have a lot of Picross S I can work through

if you are feeling like an un-chill game, Volgarr The Viking got you covered. Mario XCom is also really, really great and gets challenging as heck later on

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

What are people's thoughts on Mario x Rabbids? It sounds intriguing, mostly because of the aesthetic around it. However it feels like the luster wears off for people pretty quickly, and that the back half of the game is frustrating due to the limitations in the mechanics. Am I right in this?

i think it depends on your enthusiasm for silly animated dreamworks-esque cutscenes. the world 3 boss is maybe the most over-the-top pompous mario boss ever. i love him.

the difficulty keeps ratcheting up too; i haven't gotten bored with it yet. i can understand the limitations - i am at the start of world 4 and pretty much maxed most of the skill tree - but the situations the game presents continue to be fun to solve.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Raserys posted:

on one hand it's a corporation doing this to sell copies of their game, on the other hand i really want to support loving with nazis

there's not need to choose between "company selling videogame that i really like" and "letting people gently caress with nazis", they both align to me

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am still excited to play the new Mummy Demastered game. aliens isolation was a good albeit idiosyncratic little gem and this looks 100% better

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dave Angel posted:

Aliens: Infestation, Isolation was the first person stealth game from Creative Assembly.

late reply but thankyou; thats the one i meant!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Hell was very underwhelming visually

i liked hell; they just cribbed a bunch of megadeth and iron maiden album art and turned it into a videogame world.

also agree that doom got a bit repetitive and boring by the end but at that point i was jacked to the tits on adrenaline and basically had enough weapons to crush god so i don't really care. great game.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rolo posted:

drat Zelda is such a 10/10.

I’m loving this game so much.

if this doesn't win game of the year, i'll be surprised - but it's also a testament to 2017, the lord's year of Good Games

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

but what about

g
o
l
f

s
t
o
r
y

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

rip game of the year

enjoy no sales

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the truth posted:

I will never beat Champion’s Road. I am weak.

it took me forever but the feeling afterwards was super super satisfy- wait, you mean i have to do every level with all four characters to get all the stamps? welp

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone else find it weird that Wario and Mario are never in the same game outside of party stuff

isn't wario the final boss of super mario land 2: six golden coins

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

SMO has a laugh track. It's controversial.

i sincerely want a wario / waluigi narration / director's commentary voiceover option

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Bloop posted:

The Bridge is on sale and it looked cool so I bought it

i enjoyed this game but found some of the solutions to be a bit finicky; once i had figured out what i needed to do, making it happen felt just as difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the soundtrack for 'the mummy demastered' game is out on itunes and spotify. it's by chiptune / retro electronica person MONOMER, there's some pretty good stuff on it, for those of you interested in such things.

• Locked thread