Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
What the heck is a blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Rime having problems is disappointing but it's wonder boy good?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Policenaut posted:

e: wrong thread

But hey here's some news about a new rhythm game coming to Switch next year: Musynx

That name sounds more like sinus medication than a video game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I on the other hand wish I could justify spending $60 on a game I already own

for botw AND mk8

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

There is an eshop sale on Ubisoft games which includes Rayman for 26 and Rabbids for 40, but either no one cares or they missed my post in the sea of anime arguments.

If I like platformers and hate rabbids but already have rayman on the wii u, which should I get

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KingSlime posted:

That's hilarious, after a few beers I impulse purchased RE Revelations because gently caress it. Looking forward to checki-oh, it's a 12 gig download.

Guess I won't get to play til tomorrow, and I'll probably remember to not buy large games right before bed time because yeah. Wasn't this a 3DS game? It's too thicc

:shrug:

Capcom doesn't know how to compress games. Rev2 is like 26gb

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pierson posted:

Hows Resident Evil Revelations 2? I'm super-curious about Raid Mode since I am a god drat sucker for coop mission-based stuff but I also hear the Revelations games aren't super-great when it comes to the single-player part?

Like I've enjoyed pretty much every single game in the series I've ever played, is it basically just 'more RE'? How's the setting and plot? Does it go for serious/creepy vibes like 0/1/2/3 or more goofy/actiony melodrama side like 4/5/6?

The Revelations games are in fact good if you remember they were made on a budget compared to the numbered titles. They both go for spookier atmospheres but have goofy moments, especially whenever Barry's around. 2 has asynchronous co-op in the campaign that actually works pretty well imo, and raid mode is good, just an evolution of mercenaries. For $20, would recommend

Barry owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

eonwe posted:

the only problem I have with xenoblade chronicles 2 is the navigation / maps system

its awful

it kinda baffles me that three buttons are mapped to bring up various control schemes but a full map of the area i'm in is several menus deep

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KingSlime posted:

oh cool where is this hidden?

I was looking for it earlier, not a huge fan of the giant one that pops up in-game after clicking the right stick

skyrim also had a terrible map system, why must I insist on purchasing games with Bad Maps?

the fast travel menu. select your continent and then region and then you can browse the map and filter through various points of interest. i just wish you could get there faster

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I actually do have one complaint with XC2 in that regard, and that is you never get external establishing shots of the Titans as you visit them. All you really get to see of each for almost all of the game is from ground-level from where you arrive.

I would've really liked a cutscene showing the empire's titan as we landed, the menu makes it look pretty weird and cool!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

...To make the clunky and heavy diving suit easier to move in when not actively diving into the Cloud Sea? :shrug:

it can be practical and still look dumb!

and then there's that heavy metal helmet he wears as a hood, which is incredibly impractical yet absolutely vital at all times

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

njsykora posted:

Well Gramps has to hang out somewhere.

That's why it's vital

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Anyways in conclusion please put marina liteyears into smash 5

People would get mad that it's not the splatoon character

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dosan Yvormes posted:

Switch it OFF is what I guess people hear a lot!

OFF for switch would be a trip

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
One of my friends in college told me she would hold the n64 control stick with every finger of her left hand and move it that way. When I asked how she'd use the z button, she said she'd just hit it on her foot since she always played on the floor

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They realized they can sell them as hardware instead

i'd be very curious to know whether the classics are actually more profitable than the various VCs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

It's amazing how much better Minecraft is with a good skin and an actual mission structure.

not being able to rotate blocks is driving me crazy, it shouldn't be a big pain to put windows in my cool tower!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

There were some weird RPGs on GameCube I think but they changed the formula enough from the classic games that is think they could be considered spinoffs.

Those were sequels to the pokemon stadium games that eschewed minigames for a single player mode. You "catch" a limited number of evil pokemon and purify them, and all battles are doubles

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please give me mario dlc based on every older game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rolo posted:

I skipped a few versions but I was an absolute dog with Ness in melee. Is he enough of a staple at this point that him being in the new one is certain?

It seems like a safe bet at this point that characters from the first game are never going away

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Also nuclear throne is a game maker game

I have hope again

:stare:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I find plenty of opportunities to play multiplayer switch, and thats like the big reason why im getting kirby. XB2 is good, but it is extremely anime and has some weird issues. The outfits are ridiculous but bayo is probably a hornier game altogether.

XB2 is much thirstier than either Bayonetta

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not really.

I mean their are boobs there but if that is about it, it’s very Saturday morning cartoon.

Every conversation Tora has about Poppi is extremely uncomfortable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is only two I can think of, the rest are fine and very Saturday morning cartoon.

Tora programs a dog mode into his robot girl who has already been programmed to call him master and gets incredibly embarrassed while reprimanding her when she brings it up in front of his friends

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Everyone else in the party dunks on him repeatedly for being a creepy weeb. Including Poppi.

"Hey we acknowledged this thing is bad, that means it's okay to have this thing, right"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

My girlfriend came home at the same time I beat Bayonetta, so we awkwardly watched the credits together.

Now, should I go on to Bayonetta 2, finish BotW or play a game on my wishlist?

my girlfriend watched me play a good chunk of both games and thinks Bayonetta's a badass and that she and Jeanne are totally smooching

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FireMrshlBill posted:

The mere existence of this thread proves otherwise

Dropping money on cardboard is hard to swallow but the software behind it is looking more promising.

late stage capitalism is a dystopian nightmare my man

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Reality Loser posted:

Are there any good walking simulators or low combat exploration games on the switch? Something I can just wander around in.

I wonder if they could get Subnautica running on this thing.

Rime maybe?
Fe also maybe? I haven't played either but they've been on my wish list for a while...
BotW with Majora's Mask glued to your face

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

jet sanchEz posted:

I was thinking about buying a SNES Classic from Craigslist but thought I would ask here----I know that there is no virtual console for the Switch but are there any SNES games available to buy for the Switch?

I don't know much about newer Nintendo games, are there any games similar to some of the big PS4 franchises like Uncharted, Witcher or Persona?

Is the virtual console ever coming to the Switch? If not, I might be better off buying a reconditioned Wii U then, right?

Thanks thread!

A wii u can be very easily modified to play all the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, Gamecube, and Wii games you could ever want

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Okay seriously why isn't Amy Rose playable then

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I just got to world 4 in Kirby and can safely say hell yea game owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Bee posted:

Wow, somebody posting about Kirby's Air Ride and not just gushing over City Trial. That's refreshing!

And just reminds me how much I want more City Trial.

it's kinda funny that the titular mode was the worst (though still very good and fun)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Guess I should just get either of them :psyduck:

Pirate's curse isn't really new, it's just coming out on the Switch on Tuesday

Pirate's Curse kinda deviates from the other Shantaes in that your new abilities come from items a la Metroid rather than genie transformations, but strangely enough they were able to design much better levels around the items than the animal powers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

When you end up with 100+ lives without even trying I wonder why they even bothered to put lives in the game to begin with.

The Kirby one-up jingle is even better than Mario's

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cactus posted:

Basically I need to git gud lol. I love the bucket because it favours twin stick imprecision.

Twin stick aiming is garbage and it sucks that better aiming systems are always met with some hesitation because console gamers have been forced to use garbage for years

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

lol if you cant find a way to inject your own politics into games so you can be mad about both politics and video games

like for example, saying that cuphead is racist

You can acknowledge that the protagonists of Cuphead were inspired by old school cartoon characters which in turn were rooted in racist caricature without being reductive about it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bleck posted:

wait is cuphead racist now

No

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

It must be nice to have a life so luxurious that you’re afforded the ability to just make poo poo up to get angry about.

Cuphead is racist because old cartoons are racist, well not all old cartoons, but the racist ones were definitely racist, therefore I have the right to get mad about Cuphead.

You know what else used to be racist, and still even is sometimes? Human language. People say racist things all the time. Therefore, if you use language any kind for any reason, you are associating with a medium that has the capacity to be racist, so you are racist.

:geno:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Playing Bayonetta 2, I do have a complaint. A couple enemies have an attack where they grab you and take a huge chunk of your health while you move the stick back and forth. I don't like that

I recommend pushing the ZR button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Don't forget Animal Crossing

• Locked thread