Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
A good thread, thank you op!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm actually a huge fan of the Nintendo Switch, so I'm glad to have this info. Thank you all!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

i know a lot gets said about stardew valley but id also like to acknowledge that super mario world has also not been released for the nintendo switch

maybe add this to the op?

Agreed, and frankly it's a very worrying situation.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Norns posted:

My Nintendo Switch hasn't been on in like a month. I'm a bad person

No friend, it is not you! Do not think this way! It is merely because we have no Stardew Valley or Super mario world.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Overbite posted:

Pro tip for all you new switch owners: it has terrible on board wifi. Real bad.

This is fake news and a scrub tip friend! My switch? Perfect. My Switch's wifi? Perfect.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Shovel Knight is better than Blaster Master right? I tried the BM demo and found it charmingly retro and un-charmingly boring as hell.

This is true.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Overbite posted:

I have my switch next to my tv with my other consoles in another room about 10 feet from my router. Every console can easily pull down 40-50mbps over the wifi but my switch can barely connect to it and if it does only gets around 1mbps. I can get it to 14mbps if I place the switch directly on top of my router. I can't even connect to the eshop when it's docked. Restarting didn't fix anything and when I called Nintendo about it they claimed there was nothing wrong with the switch and that it was too close to my tv, I had connected too many devices to my router previously so my switch is getting less wifi juice even if it's the only device connected to it, and also the microwave that is on the other end of the house is doing something.

Edit: changing settings on my router doesn't fix it either.

Send in your broken switch. Stop applying anecdotes universally.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Who loses things as an adult?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Phantasium posted:

presumably their 4 year old is not an adult, tim

my bad, misread!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

7th page and thread is ready to be closed, good job goons!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

botw Switch is a wiiU game emulated on the Switch hardware, i imagine once Nintendo is past the emulation layer things will be able to get much better.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Get shovel knight trove and neo turf masters.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

This is 50 times worse than anything in the first thread. And I say this as the person who was sent stolen goods and wished death upon and accidentally became a criminal by trying said stolen goods out to make sure of what they were.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 13, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's time for the final round of...

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

Give me a W!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Gray is actually by far the best.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

They load like 1 second faster, you should worry about more important things. Like Trump.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

neo turf masters is top 5 switch.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Anyone heard any news on a few special games for Switch coming in the future?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

I saw my first switch out in the wild today and didn't buy it. Did I gently caress up big or make a great decision goons?

you made a wise choice, there haven't been any games worth getting since release+mk8dx.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I Am Frick posted:

So there's been a lot of ground made lately on one particular front in the Switch universe that, I feel, should be mentioned in the OP: hacking.

I don't know if this consitutes :filez:, which is why I feel it should be in the OP. If it is, there should be a warning saying to not talk about it.

On that note, in the past week people working the Switch managed to get hold of the kernel, which is a huge step toward homebrew and everything along those lines (which includes piracy, hence :filez:). Is conversation about this allowed? I remember back in the day of the Wii that it was allowed (it even had its own megathread), but not sure how times have changed on this since, at the time, there were even piracy subforums here.

Lol "homebrew"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm fascinated by hearing about what people managed to make the machine do.

ill tell you right now, eventually! they will make it play; stolen software!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Norns posted:

Can I play super Mario world yet

no, why? Because Nintendo = SHITtendo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Any updates on strong wonderful indie games?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Well, reviews are in and it looks like the Summer of Nintendo is a wet fart. Sad, maybe the Switch could be saved with Nindies? Too bad there aren't any, just shovelware now. Botw and MK8DX had me on top of the world and now I feel like I'm just sitting down in on antarctica. Sad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I'm no scientist but maybe... just make it always available? Call me crazy!!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

*ahem*

Stardew when

Glad someone had the balls to ask the REAL questions!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

The mental gymnastics people are pulling to defend Nintendo's terrible and inconvenient voice chat "solution" are baffling.

Seriously, it's absolutely insane.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s even more insane when you realize it all revolves around a bad game no one should buy.

Hmmm.... :yeah: true

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo's playing the long game with the smartphone app; It's something everyone has in some form or other nowadays, and it's a standardized solution they can apply to every game and platform going forward.

Imagine.... this... but on... hardware you would... always have with you... while playing... Splatoon etc etc...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

This is extremely exciting

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

If your woke enough to not buy solatoon 2 you don't need to worry about any shipping at all.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I haven't turned my Switch on in weeks, but I guess I'm just a troll.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

That is fascinating. Just incredibly interesting posting. You should start your own thread where you just give precise updates on your power-button-pushes on all your devices and appliances. The goldmine is there for the taking.

This doesn't add anything to the thread, please refrain from posting like this in the future.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Agreed op, just. Fuckin. Agreed

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

frodnonnag posted:

Lol at nintendo games never getting a price break.

First party ones don't get them often, it's true.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mega64 posted:

You're only mocking it because you haven't seen the full image.

Stunning... perfect.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

GoldfishStew posted:

Wtf did your farm burn down

mine did :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

What's that port those wired things are connected to on your iPhone? I don't recognize it, and can't find it anywhere on the page for the 7/7 Plus...

You realize every iPhone 7/7+ comes with a headphone adaptor don't you?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

loving LOL if you have wired headphones in 2017.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Buca di Bepis posted:

I've tried using Bluetooth audio on my soundbar from an iPad and the sound was delayed by like, 1 whole second. Is that a thing with headphones?

no.

• Locked thread