Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I have a good brand USB C to A cable, is it safe to charge my Switch in one of those airplane USB charging ports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

All those regions with excess Switches, such as

China. They're all over the place

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

the only game i really want is stardew valley. why is it not out yet??

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Lol if you think Stardew on the Switch is gonna be a great game.

it's already a great game. doubt that'll change on the switch (especially since theyre adding multiplayer)

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

The PS4 port's controller support is bad and I doubt they'll change it now. The game was designed around kb/mouse. I mean it's still a great game on the surface but it's meant to be played on a PC.

It's fine with a controller on the PC. I love just sitting back on the couch to play it.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

well i finished zelda tonight

rip nintendo switch

i beat it yesterday. i got the master mode dlc which is actually better than i thought. it doesnt just replace enemies with stronger versions, but it has extra camps and poo poo and dudes on platforms suspended by balloons which you can shoot and make them fall; it's pretty funny. i died three times in the starter area. you should get it

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

rogue wave posted:

I definitely need to make my 20k real fast then and buy the ability to turn all four of those slots into ability chunks to reuse and then repeat that cycle a few more times.

Why 20k? It only costs 2k for that shirt.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Dugong posted:

What's the goon opinion on BotW's master mode? I could go kill Ganon now with 3 divine beasts and save some content for master mode if it's decent or just finish everything up slowly and then go the castle.

Master mode is really fun. The enemies aren't really health sponges unless you save all your best weapons (don't) You just go through weapons faster (but you get a lot of great weapons way more often). They hit really hard though.

Overall master mode is definitely much harder but nowhere near something like dark souls or whatever. It's very doable.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

picross is really fun if you like puzzles at all, you should try it.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

what time is stardew valley releasing? stardew valley when?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is Friends of Mineral Town still worth playing? I can’t decide if I should do a run before moving on to Stardew.

Honestly yes. It was peak (handheld) Harvest Moon. Stardew Valley has a bit more to it, but FoMT has more charm, in my opinion. I wish they'd put a port on Switch.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

How's Dragon Quest Builders? It's coming out on Switch soon but it already exists on PS4 so if anyone here has played it I'd love to hear some opinions.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Sweet. Thanks

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I buy an eshop card from, let's say Germany and use it on a French account, will that work? I know they're region locked, but those are the same region as far as I know.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo of Europe is a single region.

So it'll work? I know games work but I figured codes could possibly be different.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If they learned from Stardew Valley, I'm very excited.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Can someone explain? What's/who's Walter?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Yonder is really chill and fun

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

dragon quest builders is good, right?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

raditts posted:

It's got a demo, so you can judge for yourself

my internet is slow as poo poo. i'd like to just get some goon opinions instead

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I got Dragon Quest Builders because of this thread and it's great. gently caress the boss of chapter 1 though.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Knorth posted:

Recettear but with farming instead of combat

i want this

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm excited for Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Super Mario Party. I hope VC4 will be good.

I recently got Okami and Skyrim. Okami is great, I'm glad I finally got to play it. I thought long and hard about getting Skyrim because I've played it before and it doesn't have mods on Switch, but I was really craving one of those kind of games. I don't regret it.

e: Also Captain Toad I got last month and it's probably in the top three best games on Switch (together with BOTW and Mario Odyssey) despite it not being originally on Switch.

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 17, 2018

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

What? How? I got my 3DS out of storage for the first time in years to play WarioWare Gold. I can't even name any other 3DS titles. I've only previously used it for Virtual Console stuff and I've never seen a 3DS game for sale in a store. I was under the impression that it was a completely failed system.

What country do you live in?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

obi_ant posted:

I'm a little late to Okami. Is there going to be an American physical release coming out? Or is the only way to order from Japan, if so, what is the best way to do this?

I know you didn't ask this but just in case you or others are not certain, the physical release in Japan has English, but it's the first Japanese game I bought where I couldn't redeem any points for my purchase on my non-JP account.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I didn't get the appeal of Mario Rabbids at first, but then I unlocked all the special moves, and now yeah I get it. It's very good.

i hate that i love this game

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

how's wasteland 2 on switch? i hear the port has some problems. is it still playable? i'd love a game like that on switch right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Frankston posted:

I'm enjoying the game itself but boy does it run like garbage. Graphics wouldn't look out of place on the PS2, bad framerate, lots of stuttering and slow down, super long load times. I hope they can patch the performance soon because I don't know if I can sit through an entire playthrough of it.

drat thats a real shame

• Locked thread