Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if Splats 2 did try and match similar ranked people of similar connection quality, because there are 6 or 7 dudes I am matched up with day after day for the last 2 weeks.

Never had that happen in Splats 1, but happens all the time in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Beastie posted:

Still being new to how Nintendo handles these things: What are the chances we see something we did not know about?
I feel like most people forgot that they announced a 3DS Kirby game due out this year several months ago, so chances are pretty high there's going to be some new stuff for some people.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

(Certain Mario Odyssey outfit spoilers) I really hope that everyone from this commercial gets to wear their respective outfits in-game someday. Not just Mario who gets to wear his now and Isabelle but like, everyone.

Even that pastel Easter paint-job Samus got.

Link would be dapper as all hell with that costume in BotW

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Which is also the same time our weekly releases usually drop.

In case you thought it was a midnight launch or something.

Edit: Welp, another page happened by the time I posted this. Was referring to the Aus launch.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Must be only for certain people? It's still just pre register for me.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Man I do hope there's Luigi DLC for Odyssey with like costumes and poo poo
On the one hand, Luigi DLC where he goes to save his friend Daisy would be cool, but on the other, Peach already has a bunch of costumes in game, a few ladies of Nintendo amiibo she could pull from for potential amiibo costumes and her own cappy substitute.

So Peach campaign could work as well.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

It's as connected to XB1 as Final Fantasy 7 is to 6
This is not the case. Almost the entire game is unrelated, but when I say that I mean 99% of the game is it's own thing and 1% is a very good argument of why this is called 2 and not something unrelated like X.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah there is?

It's one of the bye ones.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

empathe posted:

I didn't actually have one yet and I couldn't get back in from the root. That's the way I exited.
The root entrance itself is a fast travel point.

Did you back out of the Torigoth fast travel list and check the Titan Battleship list added to the Gormott fast travel list?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd like to hear what journals you think give the same tons of plot cause I can't think of any outside of Hyrule Castle.
DLC pack two added one for each of the champions, but beyond that, I know Paya has one somewhere.

Purah has one talking about why she is how she is. Robbie has one about something, I don't think i've read it, but I hear it covers Purah, Robbie and Impa's relation with Link 100 years ago.

I assume by mentioning Hyrule Castle you found both of Zelda's and the Kings one as well.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wouldn't be expecting as many Nintendo-produced titles this year, considering the ones we've gotten have been major multi-year-development projects. We should at least get some good third-party titles like Octopath Traveler and a Shin Megami Tensei game at least though.
Kimishima has said he wants to come out and sell like 20 mil or some other stupid high number next financial year, and if they actually want to do that, and not squander the insane momentum they have from releasing an okay machine and dropping good Zelda AND good Mario in the same year, they are going to need to drop some big things.

Pokemon making the year would be good for them, but that alone doesn't feel like it would be enough.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dad Jokes posted:

if there's a direct this week, there's only one right answer
Ah yes, Pikmin 4.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think most peoples grievances with DLC in BotW is that the first pack is a neat challenge in trials of the sword combined with a hard mode and map gimmick most people think should have just been put in the base game, and the second pack promised new plot and a new dungeon only to have the new dungeon essentially be another divine beast like area, albeit a sort of cool one, and only to have the plot be an extra cutscene for each champion that reinforces their character trait.

I'm pretty happy with what I got from what I paid for, but I can understand people coming away from it wanting more.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Regenerating health bad.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Everyone that didn't Donkey Kong on the last console because the last console was the Wii U needs to consider Donkey Konging this time around.

It is a really good game. But also kind of hard for casual audiences, so Funky was a good choice.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hyrule Warriors is like Fire Emblem Warriors if it was designed a few years ago and if they actually gave half a poo poo about the IP they were using.

I wonder if they will announce a season pass once Fire Emblem's is done, because the Champions and a few characters they didn't put in the first two times like Groose or Saria would be a pretty easy sell.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Will the Switch Hyrule warriors have that feature where you can jump between two generals instantly
It's bringing over the weird My Fairy thing, so it would be weird if it didn't also bring general swapping over.

Will probably grab this. I got rid of the Wii U version shortly after beating the story, but the DLC added a bunch of cool stuff like weapons grade Epona.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

and Link maybe replacing the boomerang for one of his ipad powers/glider.
The bike. Replace it with the bike. Thing disintegrates when it hits anything hard enough anyways.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nintendo, being well behind the times like we've come to expect, will reveal their own toys-to-life software title, well after all the other ones have died off.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I am grinding some gachas right now which I personally think is a dumb and bad thing to have in this game.

That spirit crucible dungeon was pretty bad and just encouraged me to try and run through it imo.
That part and the area after it are essentially the low points of the game for me, as far as the battle system goes.

The game gives you a really decent blade right at the start of the game and continues to make it even better as the game goes on and then takes it from you and demands you find some other way to get through some rather tough areas with some really difficult fights, but as soon as that's over and done with, it becomes really easy to make Rex stupidly OP in battle with that one blade.

Make sure you grab the arts cancelling thing in his affinity chart, put some crit up and heals on crits aux cores on the blade and try and full out it's affinity chart since it boosts its crit chance, and you'll have a blade that is critical hitting most of the time, that both instantly refreshes the art and slightly heals Rex every time it crits.

In post game as long as i'm not missing an attack, i'm pretty much endlessly chaining critical hits with arts and healing each time.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Pro Controller doesn't have the issue switch launch joycons have, among other issues, so Pro Controller.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nintendo is just trying to low key show you Tom Nook’s massive raccoon balls DON’T FALL FOR IT LOOK AWAY

Huxley posted:

The next tweet is Tom Nook except with the huge swinging Wolverine dick gif.

Not trying to make this weird, but that's not a Tom Nook amiibo.

That's the one with his two child nephews.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

abraxas posted:

This makes me unreasonably mad in how goddamn stupid it is.
This gets stupider. The exchange rate for this isn't scaled to region.

The Aus/NZ exchange is also 1 gold coin = one cent, which gets moronic when you factor in that the price of a $60US game in NZ is $120.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Mahoning posted:

So any gold points we earned last March must be used immediately or we lose them at the end of March because the program doesn’t start until March?

Thanks Nintendo!
No, the both plat and gold coins have always had expiry dates regardless of this.

I think gold has always been a year.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They haven't said anything about it, but since they know 7-9 million people own it and enjoy it, I have to assume they'd know not doing any post launch DLC would be leaving money on the table.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Did Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze have a release date before now?

It's showing 4th of May on the eshop coming soon list, with no other upcoming Nintendo releases we know about to take us through April as of yet.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Weird. I remember everything just having a vague release date of "soon" on that direct.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

repeating posted:

Balloon World system maintenance until 2 AM weak.
If it's addressing all of the balloons that are out of bounds or inside walls, than more power to the maintenance team.

It's super annoying breaking a chain because the balloon you chose is flat out impossible to legitimately get to.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Post launch support Nintendo is best Nintendo.

Keep putting more poo poo in games I already own please, it owns.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Was posting on NintendoLife where they are bad and dumb. They hated the Direct because it was "just ports." Glad to see goons are smarter than that and believe everything belongs on God's Perfect Console.
It helps that they are porting like all of the best poo poo though.

Mario Kart 8, Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad are some pretty dope picks of things to bring over.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm interested to see what the DLC allies support will be like.

I like what's announced, but give us all the animal buddies, and all of the kirby sized antagonists.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me. How do you... change outfits in Bayonetta 2? I bought one to see what it would do and I can't figure out how to put it on.

Same for Amiibo stuff. Where do you activate that? (Wii U version, for both questions.) That's how you get the Link/Samus/Fox/etc. costumes in 2, right?

Amiibo stuff is in the shop, costume stuff is in the options menu when you select a chapter on the chapter select screen.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Kirbs time for me here in NZ.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Lmao Star Allies final boss spoilers Got Dark real fast with a ritual suicide pact to revive a dark lord

I don't think it was a pact with the elemental generals. The fight before it has the dude essentially absorb the souls out of them leaving as empty husks. Which he weaponizes...

Which is to say, endgame is definitely a Kirby endgame.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's pretty short.

You only need to go through one of the post game modes once for completion's sake, and I assume beat the hardest difficulty of the other. You are free to go through those modes with every ally, but I can't see any reward for doing so.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Beat the highest level of Ultimate Choice/Arena with some amiibo cheese, and it's the only level of difficulty that really demands that sort of cheese.

And boy does it demand it. That last boss is ridiculous.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm surprised about how much of nothing of substance there was in that indie showcase.

It's nice that there is some titles coming up for Nintendo Hipsters, but nothing announced in this will likely be touched by almost the entire customer base, and I don't see how this couldn't have been shortened and put in the recent direct, or just dumped on their youtube channel as a bunch of videos.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It's a shame Nintendo put so much effort into hitting it out of the park with their eshop design, but decided to only use it on there lamest console that the least amount of people even touched.

And then immediately dropped it for the laziest, most half arse barebones approach for their next, excessively successful console.

You can have an extremely simple and streamlined storefront, and you can have everyone and their mother releasing their games on your system regardless of quality, but you can't really successfully have both at the same time.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Marx is so drat overpowered man.

That flying ice ball attack is ridiculously good and there is no downsides to spamming it indefinitely. Well, besides the lack of challenge I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Metroid Prime 4 is actually Metroid Prime Pinball 2.

There's still an entire story to go through it's just every few rooms is a different pinball table.
With the amount of backtracking that series is known for, that sounds like a nightmare.

Getting to the end of the game and needing to go all over every pinball table in the game again to find the collectibles to unlock the way to the final boss sounds like it would be a bad time.

• Locked thread