Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm still holding on to the faint hope that this Arcade Classics thing means that they'll finally start releasing the original version of Cruis'n USA rather than the N64 port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

FireMrshlBill posted:

I think they could probably get away with their current triggers. I can't think of any of the games I have played that took full advantage of the analog triggers.

Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion, pretty much every racing game other than Kirby Air Ride.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Chairman Wao posted:

I heard the Switch is actually.....good?? Can anyone confirm this???

Unfortunately, this is false and you were lied to.
The Switch is GREAT!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

EpicNemesis posted:

If you didn’t think BOTW was game of the year/all time you are dumb and have bad opinions.

That is until the 27th when another acceptable answer is released.

If liking NieR: Automata is a bad opinion, I don't want to be right.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Am I the only person who thinks ARMS is a very boring game? I tried to get into it, but I'm just not seeing the draw.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Raserys posted:

It's a shame arms is apparently bad, I love the aesthetic

I love everything about ARMS except the actual game.
The aesthetic, the characters, the silly backstory, the music.
But the gameplay itself is just "ugh."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So out of curiosity, in Odyssey is there a limit to the number of moons you purchase in the stores that count towards your total or does that just become a way to skip past some challenges in the late game?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

the best version of Skyrim being on Switch is amazing.

I'm going to have to stop you right there and remind you that the PC version has this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJULk0f9xA

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If Okami HD is coming out on all the other platforms why not Switch? Come on Capcom.

Clearly not enough people spent $60 on Street Fighter II: Now with 2 More Ryus Edition for them to justify putting more games on it.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

After finally playing Xenoblade 2, I’m overjoyed at how enjoyable the game is, especially after the wet fart that was Xenoblade X. Aside from the voice acting of everyone who isn’t a Nopon, I don’t really have any serious complaints yet.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

JordanKai posted:

(KIRBY SPOILERS) It's the unused Meta Knight design that we first got a glimse of in the Kirby Dream Collection art booklet, now renamed 'Morpho Knight'.

I love the fact that they introduce him in the game through that same butterfly that has shown up in the opening cutscenes of every game since Return to Dream Land.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Thankfully I'm an adult with disposable income, even if I haven't got disposable time. I think I'll keep to my plan and wait for a used copy of Star Allies to show up, and once I beat Super Mario 3D Land (just finished world 8) I'll make it a priority to pick up Robobot. That first boss is like nothing I've ever seen in a Kirby game before.

Robobot is without a doubt or any form of exaggeration, the best game in the entire franchise. Star Allies is also fun, but Robobot definitely set the bar insanely high going in.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

SettingSun posted:

Seriously. What the hell were they thinking with those sprites? Still pisses me off to this day. I can't imagine anyone wanted that.

Apparently they didn't even realize how hated those visuals were until someone brought up the possibility of them porting a version with the old visuals to things. They were genuinely surprised by how much people hated it. I guess the Japanese fanbase either doesn't mind it as much or simply aren't as vocal.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Spellman posted:

A modern day Square-Enix/Nintendo production

The Legend of the Seven Stars Remake

Coming out.... sometime before 2037.... maybe.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Motto posted:

5 hours to getting your starter

That's more or less how Sun and Moon went.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Not Operator posted:

That's uh... FFT, FFTA, FFTA2, FF12, FF14-ish?

Yeah loving do this Square.

I am 1000% on board with them finally releasing the entire Tactics trilogy after like 10 years. No other strategy series could really scratch the itch that those three games did.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Mario Party rules and I lost interest in it the instant they made everyone drive around in the stupid car.

You're clearly playing the game wrong if you hate the car. Nothing embodies the Mario party spirit more than positioning the car to get hit by lava right before the next player's turn.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8nJ_liqrw

Nintendo and MS are goin' after Sony hard.

Never thought I'd be seeing Nintendo throw shade at anyone after 90s era Sega. This is such a magical occurrence. :allears:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

I will defend Blast Corps honor until the day I die.

:same:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

Is that supposed to describe distant-second-place console The Nintendo 64?

Hey now, no need to throw shade at both the N64 and the Saturn like that.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

XyrlocShammypants posted:

We just got Mario Tennis online poo poo fiesta and still have lingering confidence that Nintendo won’t blow their online services. We’re Stockholmed boys

Have you even played the online? It runs great.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

that dogfighter sim (not Rogue Aces, the one where you can control the flight with the motion controls).

Can someone identify which game this is? I could always use more dogfighter sims in my life.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Bloop posted:

God, I want Edea in Smash more than anything at all. Please God Sakurai hear my prayer

Every time i consider resuming Bravely Second, I'm quickly reminded that the plot is "rescue the only character from the first game that I outright hated" and immediately lose interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

there's no way we're not getting N64 Classic now

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1042292260086276096

I'm not seeing WipEout XL in the game list so my interest is already in the negatives.

• Locked thread