Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
MGR is super overrated imo, not even comparable to Bayo or DmC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zelder posted:

It's incredibly charming and a lot of fun, but I agree that the core gameplay mechanics don't hold up in the same way

Edit: also an overrated platinum game is still miles ahead of almost every other game

agree

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

There needs to be a Bayonetta 3 just because 1 and 2 have her defeat the god of 2 of the 3 realms. She needs to go against the last somehow. I'm positive Platinum would do another good job with it.

I want Bayonetta to literally fight Jesus

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Has there been any indication of a Hollow Knight release date? The game looks cool and I've resisted steam sales for it because I'd like it on Switch but it still seems nebulous from what I can find.

Just buy it on both because indie games need your help

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

oh my god imagine Patapon on the Switch

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Is there a Pokken thread? I will get that game and I will want to have opinions in the right place

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Can the Mario XCOM game just go ahead and go up on the eshop early please so I have something to play since all my friends have been sucked into the black hole of despair that is PUBG

same

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish they didn't change the koopalings to not be Bowser's kids since the thought of Bowser being a single dad to 7+ kids was really funny to me.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A prequel game about The Great Ape War would actually be pretty cool

hhahhahahha what the gently caress?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

RZA Encryption posted:

Just about every gamesack episode (retro game reviews) shows up as being about the Spiderman 2 videogame.

I hope that game's on the Gamecube VC

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

If your favorite RPG is for the Super Nintendo you probably haven't played a lot of RPGs since then

I stopped being interested in jRPGs when it became clear that the primary audience was sperglord pedophiles

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

"every Nintendo console launch ever has been bad" ~ some chump on the internet that probably played Super Mario World nonstop for months when it came out just like everyone else on the planet

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Which Paper Marios are good and which ones are bad depends on whether you liked the fun worldbuilding and writing and art or you liked Math

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

BotW had lots of dungeons. More than any Zelda!

The real problem is they just didn't feel very cohesive 'cause they were all Sheikah whatevers. Like, imagine how much cooler it would have been if all the dungeons in the southeast of the map were made by the Gerudo. Or the northern dungeons all being Kokiri temples lost to the ages, etc etc

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Yeah, hopefully everyone agrees that "you got a magical superweapon that's gonna break in six hits on some bullshit bokoblin" was the worst part of BotW and it's better in subsequent Cool Open World Zeldas.

That or how there's only, like, five enemies

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Like, come on, they couldn't even give us Leevers in the desert? Even though Leevers are the worst and I hate them?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Andrast posted:

A majora's mask style weirdo spinoff off of botw would be so good

Literally just take the BotW map and cover it in huge towns full of people just aching to give you hundreds of motherfuckin' side quests

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I buy digital and physical because all Nintendoes are good and proper

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Augus posted:

No Hector, no buy

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

KingEup posted:

Is there a limit to how many consecutive mid air hat jumps you can perform?

You can jump, throw your hat and dive onto it, then throw your hat again for the extra float distance [i]and[/] dive again, but you'll only catch your hat instead of bounding off of it again.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Even if Xenoblade 2 had combat that wasn't exorbitantly lovely, I still wouldn't get it 'cause I don't want the person who designed these characters to ever get a cent from me

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

deadwing posted:

Donkey Kong County Prime where you shoot everyone with your coconut gun

he's the GUN member, of, the CO CO NUT CREW

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Bayonetta is one of those rare games where I will buy it as many times as you dangle it in front of me because it's the only way to communicate my ravenous hunger for more

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

gmq posted:

I finally got a Switch. Guess who got teary-eyed while playing Mario Odissey for the first time.

(me, I'm the big baby who almost cried while playing a Mario game)

That's actually the proper response, though.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Andrast posted:

It doesn't take that long to get good.

This is a thing that people very often say about Bad Games

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

I know and it doesn't apply to xenoblade.

The combat system takes like 6 hours to open up unless you start doing sidequests, which is quicker than Persona 5

Hot take; if Persona 5 takes 6 hours to get good, Persona 5 is a bad game

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

the problem with Skyrim is that about 90% of what you can do doesn't actually matter at all

like you can make your own game of "steal literally everybody's shoes" but you're just making your own goals in the absence of anything else

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Macaluso posted:

*slams fist on desk, spittle flying everywhere from my mouth like a rabbid dog* GIVE ME SMASH

I agree, with this gentleman,

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The Wii U had a lot of great games, but I'll never forgive it for murdering Star Fox.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Just hurry up and give me S M A S H you fucks.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Smash!! Smash!!!!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nintendo has bought From Software and has given them the Metroid IP to do whatever they want with it.

Listen, buddy, there are some things you just, don't joke about,

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

When are they gonna tell us more about the NX!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Do what I did and wait for Hollow Knight to be full price on Steam and then buy it and also then buy it on the Switch because it is that good and the developers deserve your feeble dollarydoos

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're just used to something that slow and short in bed.

30 fucks per second sounds painfully fast, like bro, the chafing

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

What could Ubi announce that could cause excitement anymore? They’ve run everything they have done into the ground.

A new Star Fox game

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

alf_pogs posted:

kim kardashian's rear end is going to be on the switch?

I'd like Kim K's rear end on my Switch, if you know what I mean.

[Editor's note: What he means is he wants a YouTube app on the Switch.]

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

All the money that they paid could have been spent on paying one programmer to do some balance changes in Smash 4

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Beastie posted:

Everyone gets one last gen game to remaster and port to Switch. Size of the file is irrelevant.

Go!

A Link Between Worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

lelandjs posted:

people are usually buying them to rip the display out and put them in their taco GBAs instead of playing with them

wwwwwhat? the gently caress?? ???

• Locked thread