Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bean
Sep 9, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

the writers have said that the episode wasn't based on him and that it was an episode parodying the general idea of obsessive fans.

Okay but lying to avoid a lawsuit is a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I know it won't be but ooooooooooooooh how I want that mother rumor to be true

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/908317209944043521

I played the Primrose part of Octopath Traveler. Haven't done Ooglethorpe or whoever yet. Thoughts:

- yes
- i need it
- give it to me
- Even though the art is Extremely My poo poo, it's really obviously rough in a few places, like when Primrose is carrying the torch through the dark dungeon.
- It's actually kind of hard. Or, at least, the dungeon enemies aren't a pushover. The boss wrecked me the first time and I had to go back and level up and try again.
- The final boss of the area could have EASILY been lifted out of FF6
- Primrose's gimick of picking up Johns and using them in battle wasn't as helpful as I had hoped, but maybe it's because it was the first area and the real useful guys are in later levels.
- I love me some story in games but good goddamn they could cut every other line out of this and be okay.
- Celes got to sing an entire opera and Primrose didn't even get one lovely five second pixel art dance? Come on, Square. I was real mad at that fade out. I'm a straight girl, it's not creepy.

Overall I do love it. I'm an old nerd desperately thirsty for some late era SNES/PSX rpgs, though. There's plenty of us. During the direct, I kept telling my husband, "That looks like Final Fantasy 6! It looks just like Final Fantasy 6!" He, uh, didn't think so, but what he didn't get was that Back In The Day that's what we all thought Final Fantasy 6 LOOKED like.

Give me a release date, Square, so I can vomit money at you.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Look I'm the first up at the plate to get irritated at scantily clad video game ladies but that argument of "half naked men? well she has an rear end" is weak af.

If anything Nintendo has just decided that they're committed to bringing us sexy video game characters of all genders.

I hate myself for typing that sentence. Do I have to start a DeviantArt account now?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Toad's a good boy, he would never.

Dumb question. I finished Primrose's path in Octopath Traveler. Do I need to start a new game for the other guy's path?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
In all seriousness, there's only one thing I want spoiled for me regarding Super Mario Odyssey, and that's how much my best friend and known best Nintendo character Captain Toad is in the game. Not kidding Nintendo, I'm showing up for the Captain. Make Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2: Mo Money Mo Problems goddamnit.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What am I missing with Lost Spear? I want to be excited, but that game looks so fantastically generic that a $20 PlayStation rpg in 1998 has more on it.

I loved I am Setsuna, so this should be my poo poo. Everyone else is hype, but I feel like they’re seeing different trailers than I am. What’s so cool about this game?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Tim Burns Effect posted:

If mario cant use cappy to possess people in smash 5 im not buying it

I know this was like a thousand pages back but I can't quit thinking about Mario throwing Cappy on Kirby and just hard crashing the switch

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

ColdPie posted:

Aw yeah. Installed the Basstop transparent purple D-pad joycon replacement shells today. Took about 2-3 hours, kind of a pain in the rear end, but overall not too bad.

Not to take away from pricechat, but where did you get that super cool print in the background?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Oh, it's cute! I think it's adorable.

It also opens the door for indie devs to make their own cheap crazy rear end add ons.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
$69 dollars, releases on 4/20. Hell yes, Nintendo.

Edit:

Cobalt Viper posted:

Apparently it has strings which attach to your feet so it might not even work for people over like 4 foot tall.

I'm sure that nerds are gonna trick labo stuff out to the extreme, bigger strings would absolutely fall under that.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

gmq posted:

I hate the jump rope in Mario Odyssey. Hate hate hate

My husband has a compulsion: if a Mario game exists, he must complete every single thing in it. The drat jump rope took him maybe a week of him sitting white knuckling the switch controller, unable to leave the game at 998 moons.

... I just consider each world done when I find Captain Toad. A+ completion method, do recommend.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Did I hallucinate or is Bayonetta 1 + 2 coming to the switch as a bundle? I can't find it on Best Buy's website and I wanted to use my gamer's club to grab it for my husband's birthday.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I mean Nintendo does have a strong “give no fucks” policy but I’d STILL have to imagine they would know better than Yoshi’s gently caress Island

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What snes series is Octopath Traveler based off of? I'm hyped as hype can be for that game and need something to chew on, so I figured I'd play whatever it was that came before it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Pros: eevee

Cons: no glaceon

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Review embargoes are apparently off for Octopath Traveler, and people are starting to actually talk about it and review it. Game Xplain did a video on Octopath Traveler and the Splatoon Octo Expansion. It doesn't say much new about Octo Expansion, but enjoy the other eight thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmewIt879OY

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Okay but I am LIT for a new Octopath Traveller demo.

shoulda had captain toad in smash

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
When the survey said what you wanted to see, I said Mother 3.

Release the poo poo, Reggie.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Okay, but hear me out: less garbage, more Captain Toad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I like Octopath, but if given the chance, I would grind old snes RPGs up and snort them. It's a game tailored to me and other old nerds.

It's really more of a Playstation RPG though, during that time when Square said "idk gently caress it" and went whole rear end insane doing experimental poo poo. If you can hang with something like Legend of Mana or SaGa, you'll enjoy Octopath.

• Locked thread