Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I finally experienced the joycon connectivity issue after 3 months. All it took was the empty joycon grip to be left standing in front of the docked Switch as I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

antidote posted:

Makes sense. Though I do take issue with one thing: I keep all my Switch games in my huge jeans, not on a shelf.

Wow both of them??

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They should make one of Mario Odyssey's levels just literally The Great Plateau.

For the boss fight you have to take over a skeleton Bokoblin and fight Link.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Bloop posted:

Calamity Bowser

I like it.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nice humblebrag.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Takoluka posted:

Disclaimer: I am trash at Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I'm so trash at it I won't even buy it, lol. Without something like a N64 dpad there's not much point in me playing Tetris, I found. The Wii eshop Tetris was good for the price I guess.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Takoluka posted:

The JoyCon Dpad actually gives me the most precision in play. Although, I believe you can also use something like the Pokken controllers for it, as it natively works now. Maybe you can find a good solution!

Not for local multiplayer, which is what my family uses Tetris for. Not unless I want to get 3 more sets of joycons, which, no, I cannot do that, and playing online is... ehhh.

We keep the N64 at my parents' house for The New Tetris and Dr. Mario 64. I think as long as that beast keeps working that's going to be our main Tetris machine, and I'm OK with that because New Tetris has still never been topped.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

That was canceled.

It was always vaporware.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

This is why I cannot play splatoon, because I dislike both.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Maybe it's a problem with the game itself? I know I found it unplayable on the individual joycons due to having to use the joystick, and super triple gently caress that to getting three more full sets of joycons for Tetris just to be able to use the joycon buttons as dpad.

Couldn't you program the game to be super lenient on joystick movement side to side for moving pieces, and a lot tighter up/down for drop and hard drop? I don't know, I guess that could cause other problems and it's a balancing act. I have 20 years of muscle memory with The New Tetris on the N64 dpad that I guess I can't move on from.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Has there been any news about Project Octopath Travele since it was announced back at the start of the year?

Call me when it's Project Octorok Traveler.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

RZA Encryption posted:

Soon, but instead of releasing games for old systems, they will be creating games for an imaginary system with specs somewhere between the snes and n64 and presenting them as if they are forgotten classics.

I have had multiple dreams about Super Mario Kart 2 that are exactly like this, and it's the best Mario Kart ever, and my heart swells with bittersweet tears because I know nothing can actually be that good. :negative:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Shadow225 posted:

Despite owning the game for about 5 months (1 month before I even owned a Switch), I'm going to start BotW soon. Any immediate tips?

Echoing a few sentiments above: don't get tips, don't look anything up unless you're massively stumped and have nowhere else to go (there's always somewhere else to go), and just walk around doing whatever you want to do. That's the whole point of the game. If you see something interesting, go check it out.

One of my best experiences with BotW was setting out for something I noticed to the south, then two hours later realizing I was farther north of my starting point than I had intended to go south. I'd gone in a big spiral by following interesting distractions and never getting to my intended destination, having fun the whole time, and that was when I truly "got" this game.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I don't have a problem with Splatoon 2, because I've never played it. Or 1. And that's not a problem.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

You should give it a try unless you really really hate shooter games. It's the best one imo.

I don't hate them, I had a lot of fun with TFC back in the day and I still miss playing that with my brothers, but I don't have enough time to get good at something like that anymore. I'm sure it's a good game, just not a priority for me.

It took me 3+ months to finish Zelda because the only time I have for games is after my wife and kids go to bed, and I did enough 2 AM nights that I need to give it a break for a while. I'll probably do Mario and then Zelda again when the next DLC hits. By then, who knows. I still vaguely want to fit Color Splash in somewhere if I can find it cheap.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who'd have thought body oil on a bare chest was better armor than reinforced titanium plating?

*raises hand slowly*

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

PPT is the ultimate version of both games and has every mode you can imagine and a couple that you never would have imagined.

Wait, does it have the 4×4 square block feature of New Tetris? Or the increasingly insane pieces of Magical Tetris Challenge?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

So since this is an Ubisoft game and not a Nintendo game it should be $20 a year from now, right? I'm sure it's good but....

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Cripes, I can't believe I'm considering this. Is it like Paper Mario type funny?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Thanks for saving me 60 bucks.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ah, I see. The guy who said it made him laugh a few times piqued my interest a bit more, that's all. Maybe I'll still pick it up when it's cheaper, but I'm not hurting for games right now.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Without more context I'm afraid I don't get this.

Dr. Fetus posted:

No way. It's an amusing game, but it's level of humor is nowhere near Paper Mario's. And it's sense of humor is different from it.

The real reason to get it is because it's a great strategy game. If that doesn't sound appealing, then I don't suggest making the purchase.

It sounds mildly appealing, but not $60 appealing.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

It's a charming strategy game with 80+ hours of content. If you're not into strategy games then please stop acting like it's a game that you might be interested in.

I have fond memories of FF Tactics and some other PS1 tactical rpg I can't recall the name of off the top of my head. I've played a few tabletop tactical games with a friend. And my daughter likes the Fire Emblem games. So it's on my radar even if it's not exactly my favorite genre.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nerds should like dabbing since it's something even they can do.

I don't even know what it IS.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Okay well it's STILL the first time I've seen, but no, I never have read a game magazine.

But still, I'll eat a pineapple pizza if Odyssey isn't released on 10/27/17.

:toxx:

:stare:

This dude is serious.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is 16gb the maximum size a Switch cart can be? What else has Panic Button done?

I doubt it; it's probably just cheaper than a 32GB cart.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is only one of two Zelda games I've played but not finished.

I never finished Twilight Princess and never started Skyward Sword.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Lucky. I just got Bill Trinen

My uncle was the one for this region.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My suspicion... EAD. The Odyssey team.

Just the thought of a Metroid made by the Odyssey or BotW team gives me goosebumps.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Kaewan posted:

I don't have it on the Switch yet but on mac iirc you right clicked the bait and right clicked the rod.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Whoa. Wait.

Macs have right click now???

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

enojy posted:

Macs have always had right click; click the trackpad or mouse with two fingers. Or just plug in any normal mouse.

lol, my last experience with Apple was I think OS 8 and I have carried an (admittedly irrational at this point) hatred for them ever since.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

KingSlime posted:

I have to agree, switch has demolished my expectations which were already pretty positive to begin with. Who knew launch year line ups could be so good?

I bet ownership during the first month or two was rough though, not too many options outside of Zelda

I sank 200+ hours into Zelda, it wouldn't have mattered to me if it were literally the only game at that point.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Zeeman posted:

Super Monkey Ball Odyssey

Super Monkey Ball of the Wild

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Chernabog posted:

If you beat Ganon you will just be teleported back to your last savepoint anyway so you might as well go ahead.

On the other hand I finally went to beat Ganon after 205 hours in the game, and never went back to it yet, even with new DLC. It's a psychological border that I wouldn't cross until I was well and truly done with the game for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Yeah I did see the sparks that herald the lightning, but it didn't connect that it was the weapon that was causing it. I thought it was something like "oh poo poo seek out a tree or something to stand under", but then it just kept happening and I felt like that was too unreasonable for the game to be expecting of me. A loading screen is what eventually informed me.

So your first choice when in a lightning storm is to hide under a tree? IRL I mean?

• Locked thread