Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Has there been any more concrete word on Bayonetta past those image tweets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Martytoof posted:

Oh yeah, now I'm reminded that I'm not very good at Splatoon :ohdear:

I'm loving terrible at this. I want to like this game... I need to play more and get past the controls.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's hard as gently caress to even see the opponents for some reason.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Roller at least I feel like I'm doing poo poo and can occasionally keel people.

Maybe that's my "in" for playing enough to get good at basic controls.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zaphod42 posted:

Roller is like the Heavy Weapons Guy of Splatoon. Its definitely a good starting weapon.

I mean. I'm not gonna call
It a bad game. It's got a different control method and it takes a LOT of getting used to. All I care about is enough of a 'drip-feed' of accomplishment to feel like it isn't a frustrating slog.

And so far, that seems to be by using the roller. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Reviewers are savaging the app. Has anyone said it's crapp yet?

I've heard a lot of reviewers and videos that kind of politely go "eh, when it works, it works ok, but it's really *haha* ridiculous can you believe it?"

No one (that I have seen/read) has been appropriately harsh on it... yet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Splatoon 2 when?

9pm PST most likely??

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I think it is a testament to how good the core principles/aesthetic/ideas are in Splatoon that I am ordering this DAY ONE, despite the fact that in 3 Test Punch sessions AND the Splatfest, I didn't really like the controls.

But I know that can be overcome. At the very least, I go decent with the Roller.

Also my 4 year old loves it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

iajanus posted:

OK, got to work and Splatoon2 purchased and downloading.

5 hours 12 minutes estimated.

Hmm

Probably should have brought a charger.

Wonder how long this will take in sleep mode...

I take it you're AU or something? :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

iajanus posted:

Bingo.

20% downloaded and still got 86% battery left. Come on you magic Switch, iajanus wants to be splatooning at lunchtime!

100% at 1%. Calling it now. Bittersweet symphony.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

This

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Buca di Bepis posted:

i just checked and splatoon 2 is not, in fact, out

Can you even connect? I get an error loading the eshop.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
That haughty Chap App bandwidth was too much for Nintendo's servers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Haha, F5'ing it. I finally got to the purchase screen and it timed out right as I said Purchase >click<. I cursed Miyamoto's name, but I now notice it is downloading on my Switch. So... yay.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Soul Glo posted:

Right as I hit purchase I got booted

Get off the eShop so I can buy this game, nerds

Check your Dashboard to see if its already downloading. (if you already had redeemed credit, etc...)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Anidav posted:

Aerospray needs a nerf just like the first game

I have image retention on my plasma tv screen that says "Splatted by Aerospray MG"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Important update that you all need to be informed of:

I mentioned I was buying Spla2oon but I had gripes with the controls.

Somehow, since launch, I've played like 20 Turf wars and lost maybe twice. Even when it mixed up existing team layouts, I still won. This leads me to believe that I am the key factor in these wins. ;
Also I've been solid with the dualies.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr Phillby posted:

It's dumb that the voice chat is tied to the phone app rather tn the console itself but I don't get why people find the headset diagram so out there. You plug one thing into two other things it is not at all complicated?

It makes sense as a diagram, if this was 1997.

It's like finding out a new car you like has a crank starter in 2017. Or that a new computer you bought in 2017 comes with a 56k modem.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr Phillby posted:

Wires didn't become obsolete the moment bluetooth came on the scene. The forced smartphone integration is the problem here, not that you have to wrangle two audio connections.

Or just maybe instead of disproving my point, all you've done is pointed out another crappy implementation with too many wires. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr Phillby posted:

My point is there is nothing remarkable about the splatoon2 headset and any mirth at the idea of using wires for audio should be directed at literally every piece of non-bluetooth audio equipment in existence.

Like they should deffo sell a bluetooth version too but my Wireless PS4 headset cost nearly three times as much as the Splatoon2 headset so i'm not sure what it is you want from it?

I just think the setup is dumb and some of that is compounded by outside factors from the wires like having to leave your screen on and not able to switch apps or anything. It's just top-to-bottom really klunky.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cojawfee posted:

Will it have online? I want to play that game but I don't have real friends.

I do not believe it will have online. The other versions did not or else I would have gotten it a while back, myself. A shame, no local gaming friends. Looks fun though...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What's up with some kind of popping bubble shield over someone. I get a roller point blank on them and see a bubble pop around them and they live and then I die.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
*inhales deeply*

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

[Ed] holy poo poo this one guy has a full suit of Samurai armor!

A) how do I??

B) man I really get the impression (even if it is a ruse) that there is a ton of aesthetic content in this game.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 26, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Bloop posted:

I personally think all the "armor" outfits are supremely unfresh, despite owning all the amiibo.

Edit:

The Ninja suit is ok.

Oh is the samurai armor amiibo exclusive?

Also I guess Pants aren't an item in this game, eh? Just realizing...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Team Mayo for president.

I appreciate a bit of mayo but holy poo poo, no.

Emperor of the Universe, Lord Ketchup.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I'm so sorry you picked the wrong side. It's a shame you can't change sides and fix your terrible mistake.

Splatfest choice/username combo.

;)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So am I understanding right.. given the limited Salmon Run times, and my hectic life, I can only earn rewards if I rank up enough points within an opened session?? Ie: if it goes away for a day, and comes back, I start from zero?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

tap my mountain posted:

Correct, but it only takes about an hour to get the superbonus

Yeah. I know it's. It super unreasonable. But I play like 3 or 4 rounds, don't make it, and that's usually my game time for the day. I've gotten ONE reward (first tier) since launch.

Ed] ok, next question then: how to get most points in Salmon Run?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 31, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is mine craft on Switch decent? Does it have that upgraded assets stuff that recently came out? My kid's starting to ask about Minecraft.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Not 4K necessarily. The new art assets. The better lighting and textures. Or are those bundled along with /and only for 4K?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

.TakaM posted:

Apparently the Switch version will be receiving the "Super Duper Graphics Pack"

Rendering lead Cameron Egbert: "It will be anywhere that you can play Minecraft in the new version. It will improve any screen on which you play"

*except for Ps4, right?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Over/under on free DLC MxR characters?

Or have they already said as much?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

leftist heap posted:

How do people like the Tumbleseed update? It seems like what the game should have been really.

I own the game but haven't played in ages (or very far).
What does the update do?

I'd like to believe somehow that they made the game less brutal and unforgiving but I expect that is at the core 'physics' of the game's foundation, yeah? Rolling and balancing is hard. It is what it is...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

leftist heap posted:

The update has a ton of stuff, but the big addition is 4 new static mountains that each have their own quests and increase in difficulty. The first one is basically two stages resembling the first section of the original mountain, although maybe a little on the easier side, with a little... boss fight? type thing at the end. The quests all unlock special abilities that you can equip before each run, one of which negates damage from falling in holes.

It's definitely worth checking out again IMO. The ability that negates hole damage is kind of a game changer.

Thanks! I will give it another go!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So if seems like there has been a big first party game each month, more or less.

Is there one for September?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zelder posted:

someone tell if phantom trigger is any good

It might be me. I will have the purest opinion of all, because I'd never heard of this game before today and it looks kinda rad. I think I might buy it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Only a couple fringe reviews, but I think I'm backing away from my intent to buy Phantom Trigger. Sounds mediocre at best.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

dog nougat posted:

Sonic mania is fun and good. If you have any fond nostalgia for the og Sonic games, pick this up. Basically an ode the Sonic games of yore (read: the good ones).

I played all of about 10 minutes of any Sonic ever. GH zone 1.
But I grabbed this. I figured it was time to acquaint myself with Sonic and also my almost-five-year-old son.

As an aside: ask me anything about being terrible at this game. :)

Also: accepting any good advice.

[Ed] pre-emptive "keep quiet, Tim."

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 15, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Weird. All this time I thought Pokken was some rip off Pokemon clone fighting game. I tried the demo. I guess it's REAL pokemon. (my kid should dig that...) and so far (only played the Tutorial...) It's... not bad?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

whaley posted:

what's fake pokemon count as

Some collectible monster game called Pokken? I don't know. That's why I'm saying I hadn't given it a second thought...

• Locked thread