Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

I went to a Target and a Wal-mart across the street from each other and they both had a number on the shelf. I'd say 15 between the two stores.

Just reiterating that if you want one, Target seems to be the place to go. I just got one this morning and they had at least 7-8 more on the shelf, and possibly more in the back (the display case was totally full). I asked the guy about them and he said they've had them in stock continually for like 2 weeks.

Also it's the cheapest place to get one, because you get 5% off it if you have a Red Card, which you should do because it's free if you get the debit card version. Or get the credit card I guess as long as you pay it off immediately, the interest rate on it is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm worried the hat possessed Mario the same way it possesses everything it touches. You are playing the game as possessed Mario up until the end when the hat gets what it wants and turns on him.

And at the climax Mario beats the hat to death with a golf club

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Rolo posted:

I started yesterday and my buddy gave me what seems like good advice:

Do whatever, just don’t do any research.

Yeah I just played BOTW for the first time over the last month or so, and I didn't look anything up at all until I only had a handful of shrines left that I couldn't find. The joy is in exploring and figuring everything out.

One of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time, maybe ever.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

irlZaphod posted:

Don't Knock Twice ($9.99 / £9.99 / €12.49) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
Don't Knock Twice is a first-person horror game based on a psychologically terrifying urban legend. To save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.

Any thoughts on this one? It seems to have good reviews on Steam and it's half the price on Switch... in the mood for a creepy game for Halloween.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
:siren: Important Mario news: :siren:

Newly uncovered text confirms that Mario has a penis

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

KingSlime posted:

Ace choice, friend

For those who want in on the $30 128gb microsd card, I've helpfully attached a link here:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandis...DcaAgcSEALw_wcB

Thanks for this!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Ometeotl posted:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-128gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/4471009.p?skuId=4471009

If anyone is looking for a good MicroSD card for their Switch, it's hard to beat this deal.

I got this and picked it up today. The description on the website says 80MB/s but the one they gave me from the store is actually 100MB/s. Not sure if that actually makes a difference on the Switch but it's worth noting.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Kaleidoscope posted:

Anyone tried out Cat Quest? Seems like an interesting distraction but it's almost triple the price it is on mobile. How's the switch version?

I’ve been playing it and like it. It’s a pretty simple ARPG and the quests get repetitive (they are all basically “go here, kill these monsters”) but it’s a fun game to play in short bursts. I haven’t played it on other platforms but it’s worth the $13 IMO.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo, if you're going to create "block the fire" Trials for your DLC, maybe don't do it in a DLC pack released a year after the game when everyone has the fireproof suit :v:.

I did that trial the other day and using the fireproof armor didn't even occur to me

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on Picross vs Pic-A-Pix?

Pic-A-Pix is only a demo at this point, and some people have reported it being buggy, although I didn't experience any. The music in it is loving annoying as hell, but you can turn it off. I like the color-based puzzles.

Picross S is really good, if you like picross games it's a no-brainer for $8.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Reality Loser posted:

I have no idea which tower you're talking about. I did them all with less than 2 stamina rings. I had more trouble clearing out enemies than I did with running out of stamina. Climb up somewhere high and jump to the tower.

I’m assuming they mean the Goron challenge tower with the shrine on top... Gutcheck Rock I think?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
i generally hate motion controls but the ones in Mario felt really natural and good to me.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I have a pretty good PC for video games but I've been wrestling wierdly hard with the urge to buy a switch lately. I owned a Wii, love Mario Galaxy and Xenosaga but never played much else on it, having stuck with PC games. The Switch's portability and also what seems like already awesome exclusive games is giving me a boner that wont go away. Other guys who game on the PC, what's your feelings on the value of the switch? Is it relatively easy to convert it to a home console and play games with friends? Do those joy con things work with mario cart?

Not sure what you mean by “convert” to home console, it IS a home console (which you can ... switch... to a handheld). And yes you can use one set of joy cons to play two player Mario Kart.

I also have a fairly beefy gaming PC and find myself pretty much exclusively playing Switch lately. The ability to play a game on the TV, then grab the console and take it to the other room or outside or whatever seamlesssly is huge.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Pakistani politics posted:

Friendios, any recommendations for a good SD card? I want a big one that will last a while. I get so confused when it comes to the different speeds. Sorry, I know this question comes up frequently.

https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Ultra-128GB-Micro-Adapter/dp/B073JYC4XM

That's what i have, it's been on sale for as low as $30 so if you don't need it immediately you may want to wait and see if it goes down.

edit: gently caress I didn't realize there was another page

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

irlZaphod posted:

Sky Force Reloaded - $9.99 / £8.99 / € 9.99

I played the heck out of this game on mobile, and I'm not generally much of a shooter fan. Gets grindy after a bit though.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I've never played Bayonetta, is it a DMC-style action/hack and slash type game? For some reason those have never really clicked with me, but everyone speaks so highly of Bayonetta that I kind of want to try it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

KingSlime posted:

gently caress I love botw

:same:

I picked up Celeste last night and only played chapter one so far but it is good.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Evil Fluffy posted:

To hell with all of those. Give us Path of Exile on the Switch.

same but Grim Dawn

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How do points with physical boxes even work (or do they?)

Site mentioned you can get Gold Coins that way but there's no slips in my boxes and I don't even see where I'm supposed to enter anything anyway :v: Am I being dumb or what

When the game card is in your switch you can press + (I think) and there is an option to redeem the coins.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

bizarre deformity posted:

I know the OP recommends a 128GB card, and links to one (by the way, there's a newer version of the same card here) but I also found this 256GB one for like $22 and I am wondering if it is totally terrible and will break or blow up my Switch? Because otherwise that's a pretty screamin' deal.

I don't think there is any way it could actually hurt your Switch, but I guess it could be a terrible card and fail and cause you to lose data or something. It does seem a bit too good to be true.

repiv posted:

Never buy SD cards from third party sellers, fakes are everywhere. That's pretty much guaranteed to be a spoofed card that claims to be 256GB but mysteriously stops working after 8GB is written to it or whatever.

or this

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Stan Taylor posted:

For real. I could see a kid slotting a Nintendo controller into their Lego castles and having it do stuff in the tv. Owns.

Now I want Lego sets designed to work with Labo, that would be dope

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

gently caress I heart radio and their destruction of radio in the US.

iHeartMedia owns the land behind my house and one of their trees fell into our yard last summer and damaged our fire pit :mad:
I tried calling them to make somebody deal with it but I basically got ignored and hung up on. Jerks.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Can't remember if anyone already posted this: http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/will-not-play-new-smash-bros-unless-includes/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Next time try a lawyer or insurance agent

wasn't worth the effort, the fire pit was basically just old cinder blocks that I was going to tear down and replace anyway. mostly I just wanted someone to come get rid of the tree, but I ended up borrowing a chainsaw, chopped what I could up into firewood, and tossed the rest back onto their land.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

KingSlime posted:

I think this idea was explored by some terrible mobile game, neat concept for sure

the graphics "evolve" from super simple pixels to polygon 3D models in a 2D plane, come to think of it I'm pretty sure its called evoland

Evoland was a PC game before the mobile port. It’s... alright. I enjoyed playing it but it doesn’t really do enough with the concept. There is also a sequel which I haven’t played.

Will probably get Lumines, it’s great. Also the chicken game might be fun.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

TheScott2K posted:

Switch Fund Status: $190

I'm getting closer y'all

what's your venmo, I just found a dime on the floor and will donate it to the cause

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

TheScott2K posted:

If I could do it over again I'd just have PMed the guy who was offering what I believed to be a literal ten cents. I apologize for having derailed the thread with perceived begging.

I remain pretty excited to get a Switch and re-immerse myself in Nintendo after all these years in a way that doesn't monopolize the TV after the kids go to sleep.

nah the derail was my fault haha, I was joking but now that people are mad about it I might send a dime anyway :twisted:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
picked up HW over the weekend, I've never played a musou game but it is loving awesome so far

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Do most people do all of the Shrines in Breath of the Wild base game? I don’t even know how many there are, but I’ve done 90 and can’t imagine there are many more.

there are 120 I think, and I did all of them. most can be found by exploring with the radar thing turned on, although I did have to look up the last ~5 online.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

THE loving MOON posted:

Is there an easy way to reference which ones are missing without finding the needle in the haystack of a completed map? m missing 12 or so, a couple of those are from shrine quests, but i imagine a bunch of others just never tripped my shrine detector. Heroes Path helped me find a few more.

I just looked up a map/list of all the shrines and compared them to my in-game map, region by region. Sounds tedious but it only took me like 10 minutes maybe. Hero's Path is definitely helpful but there are some that do not trigger the shrine detector.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
are there still issues with the pro controller d-pads? thinking about picking one up soon. is there a newer model or something that fixed the problem? I think I heard the xenoblade version was better but it doesn't look that's really available anymore (plus, anime)

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
arguing whether botw is good or trash is a great topic

really good

fantastic really

for me to poop on

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
if it’s pokemon yellow, let it mellow
if it’s pokemon brown, flush it down

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Carcassonne rules, I wonder if it will have pass and play multiplayer? I have the pro controller and joycons, so in theory that's 3 players, but in the board game you can have up to 6 players I think.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

Happy for the FE fans.

But the rest of that was trash. Was there a single new announcement in there?

new mario party

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
i actually want them to stop making games for a while so I can get through my backlog

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

the graphics of the new smash look really smooth and the animations seem way better than the wiiu version, idk how they did that

a new game that looks better than an older game!? :eyepop:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
just realized they did not announce Linkle for smash, time to sell my switch I guess :(

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Jimmy Hats posted:

I like that the new smashers isnt even new its just a port with some extra dudes lmbo

your posting is a port of a big wet fart

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

The Lobster posted:

Is it called Waluigi Time?

wherein Waluigi is like a reverse Dr. Who, traveling through time to cause of all of history's greatest atrocities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

No Mad Catz was just $10 cheaper so guess which one Aunt Linda is getting you

I had this sweet third party controller though who's layout was basically what the GameCube controller would end up being

:stare: I literally have an aunt named linda who bought me a third party controller for christmas one year but I exchanged it for a real one :smug:

she also got me diddy kong racing, loved that game

• Locked thread