Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Maybe a bit of a fringe case, but hopefully someone knows:

I live in Germany and I'm thinking about buying a Switch (specifically the new Mario Odyssey bundle with the red joycons which is released here in EU tomorrow). Does anyone know if the Switch is the same as the Wii U (and PS4) in that the games that are sold here are able to be played in both German and English? Like, the Wii U (and the PS4) both just read the language settings of my default user profile and adjust the game accordingly.

This would be a dealbreaker on getting the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Just got my Switch in the mail with the fancy new red joycons.

Disappointed at the lack of eShop music, but on the whole this thing feels awesome.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Fiance is playing Odyssey right now and it looks and sounds amazing. Can judge the quality of the game by his default expression while playing it, which rotates from "determined to beat a tough area" to "Mona Lisa smile of what appears to be classic Nintendo-style joy."

On a different tack, how does the Switch port of Stardew Valley stack up to PC? Is it feature-complete as-is, or is it missing anything? The idea of playing that game on the go (or in bed) is worth buying it a second time, if the port is good.

• Locked thread