Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

If any members of the press wanna offload their Splatoon 2 OST Selection vinyl, please send me a PM. TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

ovenboy posted:

stardew coop when

Late this year on PC, early 2018 on consoles. It's also not couch co-op--one player per system. Bummed me out because I was hoping to get it on Switch to play couch co-op, but my girlfriend and I already have it for PC so we'll stick to that, I guess.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Non-AF/HHD/mobile Animal Crossing would be nice but I think the only AC announcement coming out anytime soon will be a lovely Android/iOS game announcement. "Thank you for buying our systems, games, and amiibo cards. Now, please enjoy Animal Crossing for your cell phone."

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I realize it's completely against the conceit of the game, but I'd love an AC where there is an internal clock and it only runs when you play. That and poo poo to do from 10 pm to 6 am, because that's when I always would end up playing and there was nothing to do.

When I started a new town in New Leaf a couple of weeks ago, I specifically set the system clock 12 hours ahead because the only thing to do late at night is catch fish/bugs on the island, so I know what you mean. It does make two of the ordinances completely useless, though.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Silly as it is considering all our other time-pieces, I genuinely do use my 3DS clock to tell time when I'm playing... I know that's stupid, especially since I wear a watch but there you go.

I do, too, but I also live in a place that uses 12-hour time so 6:34 PM is 6:34 AM.

surprise minecraft today on 3ds, hmmm

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Frankston posted:

Orange you in love with this new design?

If they finally release a spice orange system in the West, I might have to replace my Switch.

edit: ugh it's just the Japanese orange 2DS

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

This is like an ad for a phone game where the X to close the ad never pops up.

Wait, you mean I'm voluntarily watching an ad?!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Policenaut posted:

Hey guys! We got you Virtual Console!!!

lmao all your Nintendo arcade favorites

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

hey, a non-ugly red Joycon why didn't you guys just release that poo poo in March

edit: PSO 2 on Switch in Japan but not in US It's never coming out here

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Octopath demo is up if you search for demo on the eshop. Don't see it listed anywhere else yet

edit: 689MB download

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I think the biggest news is the confirmation that Octopath Traveler is a (Working Title) and as such has the potential to have a less stupid title

Aside from sounding like someone with an impediment/lisp is trying to say octopus, I don't think it's that bad of a name. It's better than Bravely Default or Bravely Second.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Learn to read Japanese and download the Japanese client on to your Switch.

(PSO2 would almost certainly be a financial failure in the west)

I played PSO2 from 2013 to 2014 on the PC and the biggest issue is creating a Japanese SEGA account because it requires you to do enter a Japanese captcha code. I tried reinstalling it a few months back but could not get any of the English translation stuff working properly. Also, there was a third-party utility that hooked into the game and allowed you to search for items in English, but I don't think it works any more either. It's pretty frustrating because the SEA version was translated, but they shut down the servers in May, so aside from spot-checking localization, all they really needed to do was setup some east/west coast servers and replace the Arks Cash system with something more friendly towards American ducats.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Ventana posted:

Seriously though, is there any good reason why Sega's big money maker PSO2 isn't officially coming to US? It's almost laughable at this point

At this point, we probably shouldn't even care. The only thing worse than your country not getting a game entirely is when it gets a game 5+ years later with little-to-no support and is killed off nearly immediately after release. I think it's amazing that Sega would rather invest time, money, and effort into getting their game to work with cloud computing rather than sink those resources into just setting up the game in NA. They could possibly gain thousands of new players, but instead they're gonna devote all those resources into... cloud computing.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Inferior Third Season posted:

I never advocated repetitive drill memorization, I said that acquiring new words into one's lexicon requires repetition over a long period of time. If they never see the word again after the first time they see it, they won't learn it. I didn't say that they should say the word "eat" 20 times in a row. But they also don't need to be infantilized by having a video game character demonstrate what eating something is.

When's this game coming out? The one where someone spends entirely too long arguing about someone else's teaching methods on a comedy forum. Is this what Retro has been working on?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

These look really cool, but I'm interested to see if people get hand cramps from the sticks. Analog sticks are pretty comfortable because you usually have something that one or both hands can grab onto with your other fingers. I hope they wind up being good because I'd like to buy one eventually.

Wendell posted:

I have yet to experience the wonders of HD rumble. They should really put out a demo of 1, 2 Switch, the only game that has actually used it.

Fast RMX, Wonderboy, Mr. Shifty, Blaster Master Zero, and Graceful Explosion Machine all use it, too.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2017 around 14:07

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Has the 1.2 update for Cave Story still not launched in NA? It's out in Europe and Nicalis said it'd be out Friday, but I still can't update.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

I used Pac Man to get the Mii costume in Mario Kart and the helmet has animated Pac Man chomping down while racing. It's definitely my favorite outfit so far. Are there any other animated Mii outfits?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Most people won't notice much difference between 30 or 60fps unless they know to look for it. That said, I'm glad that 60hz TVs are still the norm and that 120hz TVs are a rarity because holy lol the insanity of people demanding consoles run games at 120fps would be some next level poo poo.

You've gotta have a newer TV for HDMI to do 120 Hz anyway. I have a 120 Hz Sony TV from 2014 but it will only do 60 Hz over HDMI, which is a shame because I wanted to play Deus Ex:HR in 3D. It works but only at 30 FPS.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Dizz posted:

It makes me extremely sad that some people feel that since they enjoyed a game greatly that the game's price and value should never drop under a certain threshold so that people who are low on money for any reason can't also enjoy said games.

If I had it my way, the only version of nba2k18 would be the legend edition for 150 United States Dollars and it'd be on a 4GB MicroSD card requiring hot swapping of the cards to switch between game modes. And you'd have to swap them between quarters too.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Digirat posted:

I will be getting this with mario kart 8 deluxe and some controllers soon. Are pro controllers best for mario kart?

Odyssey is the only game that really feels like it needs the extra give on the left stick to me. Mario Kart is fine if you wanna play handheld, with the controllers separate, or the grip. I've played single joycon too and even it seemed totally fine. I prefer separate joycons in ultimate relaxation mode.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You just gotta wear it in

I've had mine since launch and it's still pretty tough to play Puyo Puyo Tetris using the D-pad because left/right sometimes inputs up and drops the blocks immediately. I was waiting to send it to Nintendo in the hopes that the issue would be fixed by the end of the year. It's especially frustrating because the Pro controller is $20 more than the most expensive controller I've ever purchased.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Max Wilco posted:

Don't feel bad. I have Bayo2, and I've barely played it all despite having bought almost two years ago. I also bought the PC port of Bayonetta 1 despite the fact I finished the game on PS3 (though the PS3 version wasn't that good)

That being said, I hope Bayo 1&2 get re-released on the Switch, so I can buy them along with Bayo3, and then neglect to play them for a long time.

They are both coming in Feb with the same pricing scheme as the set on Wii U

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Does bayo2 digital come with 1 too?

If you buy Bayo 2, it's $49.99 and makes Bayo $9.99. if you buy Bayo at $29.99, Bayo 2 is $29.99. Same as Wii U pricing

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Didn't see it posted in the last few pages, but if anyone is interested in Ys VIII limited edition, it's available for $100 from NIS and there's a limited edition version of SNK Heroines for $120 on the site, too.

Kirby Star Allies is 2.8GB. Payday 2 is 9.7 GB. Bayo is 8.5 GB and Bayo 2 is 12.4GB.

edit: Dark Souls Remastered is a $40 game, so $32 with GCU.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2018 around 17:57

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Lodin posted:

When James Stanton was a kid he was heavily bullied.

Imagine the look of surprise on my face. I always thought he looked like The Penguin and if that's adult Jim, he must have looked like Humpty Dumpty (the egg, not the cannon) during adolescence. I actually thought he had died because I haven't seen a JIMQUISITION video linked in years. Still, he has his own echo chamber so more power to him.

Has Nintendo mentioned anything about chat/groups with the Switch or are they going all-in on the phone apps?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Looks like NIS America's site has limited edition copies of Touhou for Switch and PS4 ($80) listed, if that's your thing.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

SUDAAAAAAAAAA...

51 adventure game? Hmm

e: oh son of a bitch it's for PS4/Steam

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2018 around 03:25

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Pakistani politics posted:

Dragon quest builders doesn't hit stores til like Tuesday but it's on the eShop now, is that right? I kind of want it badly but heck, it's $10 more than the physical version from Amazon.

Maybe I'll play Disgaea 5 and fire emblem SNES a few more days.

My local Best Buy had copies on the shelf today. I'm still debating on whether I should pick it up or not for $20 with GCU and a $20 gift card.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Hyrule Warriors comes out towards the end of March in Japan. Any idea when we're getting it stateside? With DW9 being a flop, I figure I'll buy Hyrule Warriors for a third time.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioFanatic64/...179580859301888

Careful if you use 3rd party chargers if you're on 5.0.0. They can cause the Switch to crash.

Be especially careful if you're using 3rd party docks, though. They can cause your Switch to get bricked if you're on 5.0.0!

Hasn't 5.0.0 been out for a week or more now? Seems like we'd have heard about this already.

To be fair, that tweet is three days old so it's totally possible it is an issue, but I don't have third party accessories to check.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

The Pac Man Mii costume is the best part of MK8. I wish more of the Mii costumes had cool little animations like the Pac helmet.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

How are you all getting 60 FPS docked in Hyrule Warriors? I'm about eight or nine levels into the Legends game type and the only time the game runs at a full 60 is in menus or if my character is looking at a wall with no other enemies on screen. It's constantly dropping down to the low 40s anytime there's more than one character on the screen for me and I can't decide whether it is intended or if my Switch is about to bite the dust. Even the smaller adventure mode maps with easy objectives like "kill 100 enemies" don't run close to 60 FPS.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Each enemy is only vulnerable to one type.
You should be switching on approach.

Or just stunlock them into a corner.

There's at least one enemy that requires more than one item. Ganon That's the only fight the lack of pausing kinda screwed me on for a while. I wound up just picking a weapon and running around until the attack I wanted popped up.

I didn't like Wizzro when I played this on Wii U, but his grab and slam move is pretty overpowered. Been using it to make short work of quite a few commanders. You'd think the flying dude wouldn't be one of the slowest characters, though.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Online latency makes it pretty bad to time it a lot. Same with blocking specials...

Yeah I'm using a wired gigabit connection and have lost 100% of my matches involving lag. Sometimes it takes a full second for my input to register and I don't even run towards the ball. It's especially frustrating being ahead one game with 40-0 and then the lag kicks in so I putz around and lose.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I guess Hyrule Warriors is old news already but why on earth is the text so loving small? Is there no way to change font size or anything?

Nope, and it's worse in handheld mode because the game renders at 1080 and then sizes it down to fit the 720 display instead of just rendering at a lower resolution.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Target just canceled half my order from last night, should have put it in for a store pick up. Really doubt my new Smash preorder doesn't get canceled.

FWIW I set two 3DS games for pickup and received an email at 8:05 this morning saying I could pick them up, but a store manager canceled the order exactly one hour later. I just wanted to get DQ7 and the newest Layton game for my girlfriend before a month-long trip to India. Looks like those who chose shipping are more likely to get their stuff.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

The Lobster posted:

My experience was the exact opposite, I chose store pickup and had my order there when I got there. I just had to be there exactly at 8 because I knew it would get canceled if I didn't. I think people who chose store pickup and were proactive are the most likely to get their stuff, followed by online orders that got canceled who then called in to complain.

I only really have conjecture from SA and a Discord group I'm in, but the majority of the people in Discord managed to get all of their items shipped. I should have just stayed up a few more hours to go in when it opened but I was beat and needed to sleep. Congrats to all of you that made out like bandits.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

I went to two Best Buys today and didn't see any copies of Go Vacation. Didn't it come out yesterday? I was considering grabbing it. Tried to pick up Kirby for $39 with GCU but it was ringing up as $60 in store. You can't use GCU with a price match so the store couldn't mark it down without just eating $20. I need to buy online and pickup in store apparently.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

indigi posted:

I feel like Nintendo must have paid lowtax to astroturf a bunch of accounts that act as PR flacks. like what the gently caress. who defends a corporation they don't work for at all, let alone to the level some of the weirdos in here do it

if you would rather input button combinations for cheats and cosmetics than go to a store and buy 164 figurines at $13 each. Hmm yes thank you for your $60 purchase of a port of a three-year-old game now please go spend an additional $260 if you want all of the outfits.

The Switch is my favorite system, but Amiibos (capital A, s at the end) and the online setup are both pretty stupid. I tried using the phone application for voice chat recently and it just cuts out any time another application takes focus, which is a major problem. Why wouldn't they just do VOIP within the games themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 24, 2003

Imagined posted:

Worst thing about Dragon Quest XI? They understand modern save systems like Nintendo understand online. Hours between autosaves, otherwise save at shrine or church. I understand even with that space between them they thought the autosaves were a QoL addition. Ridiculous, especially on PC or a mobile system.

Found the person who hasn't played any DQ11

is all this bowsette poo poo? Why would a female bowser look look like a human chick with horns when bowser himself looks nothing like a human? I can't believe I actually read these past 30 pages to catch up.

«2 »