Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

In Japan the Switch is "only" selling 25k units or so a week and it's clear the console is severly supply constrained. Crazy to think that the Wii was also incredibly supply constrained the first two years of its life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

EpicNemesis posted:

Anyone know of any third party socks that are out already? I know Nyko has one coming out but I'm hoping to get one sooner than that.

definitely recommend using your own socks for anything Switch related.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Lodin posted:

Switch really is the new Vita.

what the actual gently caress is wrong with people

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

get this completely unexpected story content by purchasing your pass that guarantees you this expected story content.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

GreatGreen posted:

Zelda's Master Sword is still breakable even after the DLC.

The real troll here is that it's LINK's sword, not Zelda's.. nice try you can't trick me

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

njsykora posted:

Rabbids embargo up, reviews coming out and pretty much every single one seems to be super positive.

Also don't pre-order games unless you're 100% certain you're going to buy it day 1 anyway.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Sooo I went to ShopKo with a friend as he needed to fill up a prescription and checked the electronics section for a Switch as a co-worker was looking for one. They had a tag so I brought it to cashier and during the checkout process it knocked the price by 20% down to $240.

Didn't question it and looked at the receipt afterward and saw they have the Switch marked as a clearance item so it automatically took 20% off. Anyway, worth checking ShopKo for Switches if you want a deal.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Luigi also dabs

In what universe does dabbing not mean using chewing tobacco or loving

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Xenoblade is one of the best games ever made and if you have the opportunity to play it in any form right now and never have, do it immediately.

XB2 is gonna own.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mario doesn't gently caress

Quick somebody find his r/incels account

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Mario/Rabbids is so loving good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

iajanus posted:

I mean, what monster puts Yoshi's Island last

Like really

a hosed up idiot manchild virgin, that's who.

Yoshi's Island is platforming bliss.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

the best part of these videos, like any BOTW video before it came out, was not watching them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

eonwe posted:

I completely ignored FF15 since its just on PS4

whats good about it

If you've played Xenoblade then you've played what FF15 wanted to be.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

SeANMcBAY posted:

And the seemingly random frame hitches.

That's a Ubisoft feature. That, and the disappearing models during transitions.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Rexroom posted:

The new trailer video is at least interesting, with some mention of the plot. I'm going to keep a close eye on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlGPw6BXuc

this looks dumb as gently caress.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

SeANMcBAY posted:

DYKG just did a video on it. A shame it was cancelled. I'm not sure the realistic theme was a way to go but Factor 5 made good games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVM5NVqQpM

I always felt the glasses peripheral and how it worked with the Wii remote's camera 4 minutes into the video would be the next big thing for Nintendo and I'm sad it never came to be. It was a really, really cool idea.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

lelandjs posted:

Holy poo poo that works really, really well. Way better than I expected. Assuming that video is to be trusted, at least. I wonder if the right joycon's camera could offer similar functionality?

Video's to be trusted, pretty sure the dude pitched the idea to Nintendo and got rejected and MS hired him for something Kinect related.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

FireMrshlBill posted:

And Nintendo went with eye tracking to improve 3d in the 3DS

That's completely different and was actually programmed by the same teams that did the 3DS emulator software, if I remember correctly.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
If you even remotely liked the Camelot Mario Golf games then Golf Story is a MUST BUY. Not only does it capture the feel to that game but it's a really wonderful RPG.

Buy the game immediately.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm trying to remember two games from the GBC era that Golf Story has me thinking about. They were a fishing RPG and a golf RPG. Am I member actual games?

Mario Golf GBC maybe?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Stupid question but does the Switch work with wireless bluetooth headphones? Bought a cheap pair for $20 and didn't even think to check if the Switch would even work with them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You can buy a cheap Bluetooth broadcaster and put it in the headphone jack and that will work though

Link? Thanks for all the responses so far.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Wizardryo posted:

Steamworld Dig 2
Golf Story
Stardew Valley

In three consecutive weeks, with Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey rounding out October.

What a crazy first year this is turning out to be.

Yeah I don't think people realize how much of a powerhouse the Switch is in just 9 months of being released. Literally every previous Nintendo console and handheld has had an amazingly lovely first year; even the 3DS struggled for 9 months until MK7, Mario 3D Land and MH came out later that year. Before that point it was looking like the Vita was prepped to take a heaping dump all over it.

Within the first 9 months we'll have a brand new Zelda, Mario and a sequel to Xenoblade, along with Doom, Skyrim, a loving Mario XCOM and dozens of really solid indie games.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Golf Story is an absolute steal at $15. If you haven't bought it yet then you're loving stupid.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Rufio posted:

Sorry goons but EDF is an unoptimized trash game and nowhere near perfect for switch.

EDF on the Switch would be perfect because the Switch would MAKE it perfect

MAKE EDF PERFECT AGAIN

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
MAGA white supremacist chuds literally think Hitler Did Nothing Wrong and are somehow now a loud voice on Twitter and anything that suggests that Nazis are actually bad and should be killed is a leftist political statement pushed by Antifa and funded by George Soros.

I personally will enjoy killing Nazis on my Switch come 2018 and hope to continue killing them for years to come.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
So what should I be doing for the first days in stardew valley when? So far I've shot my load by noon after taking out like three trees, and I got the fishing rod which drained all my energy and I had to go home moving 2 mph because energy drinks aren't invented yet.

Not sure what else I should do outside this.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'm like five days into Stardew and still don't have much of an idea what main things I should be doing. Went to the shop to see a bag I can't afford, found a board with everybody's birthdays and events, trying to clear the farm but get five trees in before my dude is tired.

What are the main things I should do this early? I need to start a list and not forget about it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I think it's safe to say that XBX tried to be too much and didn't understand when to limit the systems they implemented.

The crafting system was an absolute slog and did little to make any one battle advantageous, getting the super weapons for Skells was tedious, trying to manage the 20+ characters from both an affinity and location standpoint was maddening, music ranged from pretty good to downright terrible (especially during cutscenes), on foot combat become incredibly pointless once you got your Skell, the varying skill trees felt too 'samey', most characters were an absolute bore, their aesthetics were just.. weird. I can go on.

There were some bright spots, though. The world itself was pretty fun to explore, the side quests for the various other alien races were neat, no fall damage was a welcomed change, managing quests was much easier thanks to a map and actual location of said quests, the main story could've been pretty neat if it wasn't trying to compete with the open world aspect of the game.

I'm really, really glad Monolith is going back to what made the original Xenoblade successful.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Somebody quickly explain to me what a "Loot Crate" is, I only play Nintendo consoles and games and am not exposed to the idiocy of other cash grabs.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

eonwe posted:

its a monthly subscription service where they send you video game related merchandise

Wow that's dumb, especially since it sounds like a stupid gacha style system.

Just give me the option for some quality DLC and I'm good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Harlock posted:

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Considering I'd never want the game to end it's fine by me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Do we know if Luigi is playable in Odyssey?

Gonna be extremely disappointed if he's not.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Guy Goodbody posted:

In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you won't have to use that hotpants girl all the time, there are different swords.

jesus christ

This game is going to be insanely disapponting isn't it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think you're forgetting most of Seven's outfits and a good portion of the female armor options in Xenoblade Chronicles in general.

Nooope I'm not, those were all bad but in a very tame "what the gently caress Japan" way.

The designs here are just.. weird.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Internet Kraken posted:

Stop trying to trick me. There's no way all 3 of those designs are from the same loving game.

I think Monolith literally invited artists from other studios to submit some character designs and in turn we get random poo poo like this.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Crafty posted:

I'm going on a 12 hour flight and planning to play the new mario a lot. Is this powerbank from the OP still the number one gooncommendation ?

https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-Portable-26800mAh-Recharged-Nintendo/dp/B01LRQDAEI/

12+ hour flights generally have USB slots on the seats, I don't think you'd need a powerbank unless you want to charge the Switch off to the side. Hell, even most 4+ domestic flights have USB slots these days. Some have actual power outlets.

I'd recommend a USB-C cable if you don't already have one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Detective No. 27 posted:

Square confirmed they're bringing the actual FFXV to Switch.

I don't think they did, they insinuated they're working on it but there's been no official announcement for the mainstream FFXV game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Sunshine was fun but definitely a game for its time as the formula has been improved, especially with the Galaxy games. Some of the challenge with Sunshine came with fighting frustrating level design, and it didn't help that a lot of shines were huge chores to get.

• Locked thread