Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Switch Fund Status: $140

Hopefully someone buys my SNES and my ZuneHD.

ZuneHD was and is good, don't @ me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Barudak posted:

I will not be buying your Zune because i already have an SD and HD one.

They were awesome.

mah man

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

New Funky Mode

Funky New Mode

New Funky Mode

Funky New Mode

New Funky Mode

Funky New Mode

New Funky Mode

Funky New Mode

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Vertical mode

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Manky posted:

It's in there!!

Good!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

was Nintendo even trying to lock this thing down

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

finally, Virtual Console comes to the Switch (you just have to short out these pins and install something made by a guy named Phe4rMySkillz)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Takoluka posted:

*installs cracked Windows*

Heh, was M$ even trying!?

Microsoft's console has been out for 4 years and nobody's running pirated games on it

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I stopped pirating games and music when I got a job. The other main issue was ease of access/purchase. Now that I can digitally download anything I want, it's easier than pirating.

This is why I stopped pirating games too. I kept stealing music until the streaming services hit, since "pay a monthly tax and you get basically everything" is hard to argue against.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Bloop posted:

And if there was a reasonable way to watch them that was even twice as hard as pirating them I would absolutely use it for any reasonable cost.

Someday they'll figure out that 999 services is them all getting the entirety of a tiny pie when they could make more getting a little slice of one big pie. If there was one or even two Netflix/hulu/amazon/HBO/CBS/Disney streaming services that encompassed everything, they would have insane subscription rates. Instead every little content producer wants you to pay for their poo poo separately. loving YouTube Red.

I pay for Netflix and will probably get the disney one, but gently caress. The music industry has largely figured this out. TV will hopefully follow kicking and screaming.

Some outfit needs to come around and just bundle all these content provider subscriptions together into one thing and present all that programming as one big pot. They could even include the set top box in the subscription and just have all that programming, with frictionless jumping between outlets, presented in some kind of overall guide and oh gently caress I just invented cable

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Do any PC games actually have Pro Controller button prompts or is everyone just planning to mentally translate Xbox button prompts?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Kins posted:

The Steam Controller setup system actually has a checkbox to use either the Nintendo or Xbox layouts for face button placement on the pro controller, so you can have the Y button either be Y or X depending on what your muscle memory thinks the left face button is.

Is that something that translates to actual gameplay, or just the Big Picture interfact?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Do you look at the controller while you play?

If a game tells me to Press X to Pay Respects, I'm going to want to press whatever X is on the controller I'm holding. Sorry I'm weird, I guess.

PC games could do more to be gamepad agnostic, hopefully they get with the Pro Controller program in the future.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I have an old foldable tablet stand that might actually hold this thing vertical

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Calico Heart posted:

I made a video about character design and mario's enduring legacy, and how it's pretty hosed up nintendo let you dress one of the most recognisable characters in the world as a topless cowboy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Fn-pgJ_8Y

Great work. Subbed.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Konkey Dong: Fropical Treeze

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Does buying digital still require you to call Nintendo and beg for your games back if you have to replace your console?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Good! I'm glad that's gotten better.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Rayman Legends is great but I've also played the gently caress out of it so bring on Dankey Kang

g0lbez posted:

wasn't codblops or whatever a flop on the Wii U? I don't see why they would try another cod on a nintendo console after that

People own Switches.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

g0lbez posted:

Wouldn't you be able to extrapolate the numbers from the Wii U sales to get sort of a prediction of how well a Switch version would sell though? Since I'm pretty sure the Wii U version did pretty bad even in comparison to how many systems were sold

No, not really? CoD's in a different place, a hypothetical CoDBlOps4 is a different kind of product than an after-the-fact BlOps port, the Switch audience is probably a fair bit different than the WiiU audience. The WiiU sales don't really tell you much that is useful here.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

jackhunter64 posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2015/8/13/9149663/nintendo-translator-fired

A former Nintendo employee says he was fired from the company after appearing on a podcast where he spoke openly, and perhaps indelicately, about the company's products and localization efforts.

Chris Pranger, who worked in Nintendo's Treehouse localization group, appeared on the Part-Time Gamers podcast earlier this month where his frank comments garnered attention on sites like NintendoLife and the NeoGAF forum.

I remember listening to that podcast and thinking it was really candid and interesting, but also that there was no way he wasn't getting sacked afterwards.

Yea, that dude gets fired from basically any company for that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Switch Fund Status: $190

I'm getting closer y'all

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

gey muckle mowser posted:

what's your venmo, I just found a dime on the floor and will donate it to the cause

[EDIT: KingSlime sent me more than a dime, that's enough panhandling from me] send me your dimes and pennies

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 10, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Switch Fund Status: $195

Thanks, KingSlime!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

crahs bandicoot releases earlier than anticipated june 29th instead of july 10th

https://twitter.com/CrashBandicoot/status/994587217388437509

Oh hey the day before my birthday, that's fun

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

If I could do it over again I'd just have PMed the guy who was offering what I believed to be a literal ten cents. I apologize for having derailed the thread with perceived begging.

I remain pretty excited to get a Switch and re-immerse myself in Nintendo after all these years in a way that doesn't monopolize the TV after the kids go to sleep.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I really don't understand the point of flashy E3 announcements for big publishers.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Over There posted:

Also to appease shareholders

Ahhhhhhh yea that checks out

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Doom port uses the alternate cover as its main cover. That rules.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

On one hand, who wanted more Rage? On the other hand, 2018 id/Bethesda > 2023 id/Bethesda

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Unmodded Skyrim is like soft serve with no toppings. I mean yeah, I guess it's good, but the whole time I'm wishing I had some Oreo pieces in there or something

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I liked Super Meat Boy better than Binding of Isaac

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Hey thread sorry to bring this up again but some of y'all still seem really into throwing some bills, soooo

DON'T donate money to my Switch Fund.

You're great, Nintendo is great, and I'll get my Switch in due time.

DO donate money to the H.E.R. Shelter at http://hershelter.com

They provide secure housing, childcare, and other services for women with nowhere else to turn. They're all-stars in my local area.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Boring grey joycon, or red/blue? Thoughts?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Nep-Nep posted:

Provided no price difference you should just go with whatever you like better, and the way you phrased that sounds like you already have an opinion.

I'm on the boring greys because I preordered my Switch the night preorders went up and I was assuming they were gonna sell out in minutes and didn't notice they had the neons up, but I quickly came to realize I don't really look at my joycons while I'm actually using the console so I've never had the urge to replace them.

I mean I'm leaning toward boring grey but I'm interested in people's thoughts on red/blue. I realize it's an insanely low-stakes question.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The red blue joycons you can buy separately are color reversed from the ones that come with the r/b console, just FYI

Cool, so you can have a set of red and a set of blue?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Lobster posted:

I like the colorful ones myself, having purchased... well, you know, it's easier to show you:

Currently I'm actually rocking a left Pink Splatoon and a right Yellow ARMS. It looks really badass. So I love the versatility of the colors, obviously.

Too many. That's too many joys con

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

My big takeaway from this ad is that I shouldn't waste money by taking my kids on vacation

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/994970395454332929?s=19

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Those aren't official controllers though, and the quality is sometimes questionable.

8bitdo controllers tend to be pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

My sister won one of these in a raffle at a fundraiser the first time around and it's sat unopened in a closet because she hasn't yet wanted to "start all that" with her sons.

Poor kids.

• Locked thread