Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humpback pump track is an awesome stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

I don't understand why XCX just didn't use the same battle system as Xenoblade.
XB's battles were fun due to its assigning specific roles to characters, like attacker, tank, debuffer, and healer.
XCX was just buttonmashing.
XB's battles were just buttonmashing too in the truest MMO sense

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not being able to play salmon run whenever I want is going to really grind my gears after I finish the main campaign

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If you have a group of three others to play with you you can play it anytime you want
not online you can't

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

like the idea that i'd have 3 people near me that has a switch is almost as impossible as the concept that i have 3 friends just in general

i managed to thread the needle on the latter but i doubt the former is true of any given radius of, say, 20 miles. 50-100 for the midwest

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

frankly I'm amazed that no one's put 2 and 2 together here yet, but DeNA's partnered with Nintendo right? isn't this stupid app solution the result of having a mobile partner like DeNA possibly handling the infrastructure?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Spellman posted:

But it's also supposed to be an efficient way to access information and features from games, which could be interesting with games like Animal Crossing on the horizon. Would be cool to check other people's maps and towns, and promote sales from the various stores a la cheesy Tom Nook ads. You could look up turnip prices... it's got infinite potential. If a cheap headset option was packed-in with a popular game, or marketed well enough, they could probably pull it off, but for now it's counterintuitive to everything the Switch is
I mean, that stuff is fine, and if they want to incorporate the Mario Maker website into the app for Mario Maker Switch (which I'm sure exists at this point and will be announced eventually), then great. but don't tether voice chat to the dang thing. inviting friends or w/e, browsing leaderboards, doing second-screen stuff for games, that's what an app should be for. have voice chat in the switch itself

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also it's weird that the Switch doesn't have a microphone in it when the Wii U had it, the 3DS had it, the DS had it

of course, those platforms all had it so that you could blow into it to make a thing happen in a game, but you'd think Nintendo wouldn't be able to resist doing it again. blow into it to make the platforms rise for mario to jump on!!

hell, how are you supposed to yell objection if Phoenix Wright ever comes to Switch?!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm more Care Mad about salmon run only being available online at certain times than the app

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope the next app on Switch is cruchyroll, and then funimation, and then hidive and anime strike, and then that's it. only anime apps

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/FourScore64/status/887716948448083970

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

splatoon 2 is great and i love the new maps

GoldfishStew posted:

You're clearly being fallacious but I dont expect much from someone who throws around the term "white trash" (I also don't expect someone who can afford to buy access post in an Internet forum about $300 dollar video game consoles to get why that phrase is uncouth but I digress).
:suezo:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I kinda think they should've padded the initial map count with a few more classics from the first game because the rotations occur every two hours instead of four, but the new ones are just great across the board.

Why they put Moray Towers in the launch lineup, or kept it at all, is beyond me though.
as a former long-time team fortress 2 player, i'm not used to the maps getting BETTER over time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

ok, try overwatch, or halo
I'd rather not, thanks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

When will we get Switch Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw_Bd-13YCk

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rabid Snake posted:

When is Super Smash Brothers going to be ported to the switch?
They have to find Sakurai first, and drag him back screaming

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wheany posted:

It's the Switch thread where people have never played a non-Nintendo console
I have a ps4 and playing a non-splatoon shooter with a controller is a Major Fail

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I got to level 5 in splatoon 2. the art academy level is cool but no one really knows it yet because the final tally % of the matches i was in on that map didn't reach 85%

also it's amazing how many players don't hide in the ink, they just sort of play the game like a very slow TF2 instead, running into the fray guns blazing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I havent seen much marketing for kingdom battle but I bet it'll become really popular once Kids Youtube gets a hold of it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think its funny there's a perception of a zelda defense squad now when it used to be that zelda fans hated every zelda game except their favorite one that they played when they were 12

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Doesn't really matter because it'll never get on the eShop

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sunning posted:

Rhythm Heaven, a hit series made by a very small team, is cancelled forever because Satoru Iwata died even though the SPD-EAD merger pre-dated Iwata's death and was in fact an initiative by Iwata to consolidate staff in one location.

???
It seems like the actual reason rhythm heaven is in trouble is because one of the lead people has had to semi-retire because of throat cancer, but that still doesn't make the series dead, obviously. Lot of people involved in those games.

I bet it gets an iOS game that reuses a lot of old content ala Megamix. It's extremely mobile-friendly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol Nintendo banned live streaming

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Someone earlier in the thread said Mario 3D World wasn't that great and I'm extremely upset

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 3D World soundtrack is better than Odyssey's

e: also why is there no ghost house. I demand ghost house dlc

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 3, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I actually think the look of XB2 is fine but the combat/UI looks like a total mess

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I was going to play tokyo mirage sessions for the first time and then I realized my gamepad battery was dead...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the Switch is successful enough that Nintendo can allow lower-selling riskier titles to go on, like the DS. i think monolithsoft will be fine. i feel like Nintendo will keep coming back to Platinum too, even though their games always bomb

the more successful the Switch is, I bet we'll see the return of stuff like ArtSyle. the world is ready for pictobits 2

with nintendo being the primary game provider for their own console, they need to have as many games as possible, so having successful hardware means they can afford to put out games that might bomb if it helps fill out the release calendar. like Metroid Prime is not the most financially successful game series for them but they can do it because the Switch is a hit

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 3, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Switch has a dire lack of visual novels, imo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm surprised that The Nonary Games isn't getting a Switch port, or did I miss an announcement

get Sweet Fuse on there too. and also House in Fata Morgana and SteinsHeadChildGateZero and some Key poo poo probably

also that stereotype about anime isn't true, it's the opposite. it's just that the exceptions are really glaring. i keep tabs on each new seasons' animes and out of like 70-80 series you get maybe one that's WHAT THE gently caress and all you have to do to avoid that is just look up any review capsule of the ongoing season

(also out of like 70-80 series maybe five out of all of them is actually any good, so there's that too. just wait for the post-season recs)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 3, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

KingSlime posted:

Only one out of 80 animes feature weird sexual undertones and/or young looking characters with fanservicey stuff thrown in?

I enjoy quality anime as much as the next goon but I feel like that number is overly optimistic
i wanna make sure i'm not lumped in with a bad crowd here, what I'm saying is that one out of 80 animes is "main character wants to gently caress his sister and gathers people together to celebrate his fetish" which is loving awful and everyone agrees its awful. and as for the other series, there are sites like anime feminist or josei next door that tell you the problematic content of each series so you can make an informed decision, and it's usually pretty easy because they do season roundups and collect it all together. it's really easy to NOT run headlong into garbage unless you're just spinning an anime roulette wheel.

I know we're on a derail right now but the worst thing about anime currently and why i'm not super into it right now is that a lot of series are based on light novels and every season seems to bring out six or seven different takes on "a nerd gets pulled into an MMO!!!" I don't get very enthused by reading the synopses and I'm mostly just waiting for more Masaki Yuasa stuff to come over to america. the only 2017 series i've watched at this point in time is magical circle guru-guru which is basically a silly jrpg parody cartoon.

bringing that over to games chat, JRPGs don't necessarily have the same kind of trend-chasing, but it is rare to see one that doesn't rely on archetypes and Xenoblade 2 looks chock full of them, whereas X1/XCX had interesting settings at least. when the fuckin island talked to the protag in the xeno2 trailer my brain shut off

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 3, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

those sites are pretty bad, they aren't very well-informed at all and they love to make dumb hot takes based off literally nothing.
I dunno, I generally find them pretty useful, especially in regards to content warnings so I know what to beware, and also getting a sense of whether a show would be in my wheelhouse or not. I much prefer it to THEM or AnimeNewsNetwork's season guide which at this point I read just to :chloe: at theron martin's reviews

I used to read anime stuff on The Mary Sue but at some point it just became "Utena rules!!" over and over. which, yeah Utena rules but theres more to life. there's more to life!!! than utena!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 3, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

i mean its not hard to be better than ann and i guess they might be useful just for basic content warnings or whatever but i cant imagine looking to them for any kind of useful analysis of anything. and I think you can imagine most content warnings just from looking at a show's synopsis.

also watch euphonium season 2.
i haven't seen the first euphonium yet. the anime i just finished was Kaiji which I actually recommend to anyone reading this thread because it's a cool combination of gambling and deathgame gimmicks, with over the top hot blooded narration, and everyone cries all the time, but Kaiji never gives up!!! (there's also nothing objectionable in it whatsoever)

a Kaiji game would be pretty loving rad actually. (on the switch)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

also a kaiji game would be good only if you had to hold one of the joycons up to your ear to simulate a drill being placed against your eardrum
The slave/citizen/emperor game would be a really good one to play but only if the Switch adds webcam support

The girder race could use the Wii Balance Board

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wish that Trace Memory had a third game, but also that the second game were to be brought to america even though it's an original Wii game and at this point it's a decade old probably.

Also I wish Trauma Center didn't die. Or Zack & Wiki

I wish I may I wish I might, defuse a bomb with a scalpel tonight

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what we need is Warioware DIY 2, with the ability to embed your games into tweets

the Vine replacement america needs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so far, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is incredibly trashy, and also, incredibly good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if Persona is madhouse animation, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is like... shaft

I really like the first-person segments because they animate the characters like Ace Attorney style with over the top posing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I can't wait for Pauline and the Broodals to be future Mario Kart 8 Switch DLC, and New Donk City as a racetrack

• Locked thread