Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Hi new Switch thread! I love my Switch :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

japtor posted:

I'm thinking it's more an issue if you want USB-PD cause that stuff tends to be the most shoddily implemented, like stuff not actually being able to power what they advertise.

This isn't an issue if you actually get a good USB-C cable, though. Just make sure you don't use the UBS-C cables that come with PD power banks like RavPower or Anker cuz they're pretty much all poo poo and non-compliant. If you get PD power bank with a solid, in compliant USB-C cable you'll be safe and have enough power to charge the Switch while playing.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I'm gonna buy splatoon 2 on physical, resell it to friends on days it's not in use and buy it back again at full price when I wanna play so that way I'm not letting something sit on the shelf when I'm not using it. I think that is 100% the most logical way to do things.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Hi friends, I'm at Comic Con and about to play some Mario Odyssey. I'll report back in afterwards

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

So I played 10 mins of Mario odyssey at SDCC yesterday and it was god drat wonderful. 10 mins isn't much time but just seeing how much exploration rewards you even in just new Donk city was pretty awesome. That and the graphics were impressive for Switch. This game is definitely gonna challenge Zelda for GOTY.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Ya the smart phone app is probably in the top 5 worst things Ninty has ever done. It's just crazy that the idea went through so many executives at the company and actually got greenlighted.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

ps the phone app is good. it owns even.

Mods?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

Seriously though the integration with all the various Splatoon data is really sleek and I never would have thought of or expected them to go that far with it.

It'd be cool to have the integrated app for all that data as long as we could just connect straight to the Switch to do the actual voice chatting piece. The whole adapter and 5,000 cables thing to do that is the ultimate lame part.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Mr Phillby posted:

Oh yeah for sure the App is poo poo for voice chat, just plain worse in every way to the sane non-nintendo way of doing things, and if the hardware/software was better designed you could eliminate the cable split and have it plug straight into the controller.

It's just strange to me, a person who has used wired headsets for many years, that people are pointing at a wiring diagram that's actually relatively simple and acting like it's the most convoluted thing in the world.

For real, man?? THIS is how simple voice chat should be:

Not this:

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Is there any way at all to adjust the sensitivity for Y Axis and X Axis separately in Splatoon? I've never played before and it's fun but there is no way I'm using the motion controls and when I try to use regular controls it's been tough because when the speed is perfect for left to right, it's way too fast for up and down. After being used to computer shooters, I really need to adjust to a controller again and that doesn't help :(

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Motion controls just aren't good. I'm lying on the couch with the Switch in my hand and it's just not lining up properly and it's awkward turning and all that other stuff. No bueno. Wish they had more sensitivity options for no motion. Kinda lame that they don't.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Never played stardew before so I'm pretty hype for it to come to Switch. Need more single player games I can play for endless hours on planes.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I never played Xenoblade Chronicles but really want Chronicles 2 - is it worth it to pay $10 over retail for the 3DS version of Chronicles? I don't have a Wii anymore so 3DS is my only option and it's hard to find right now so it's getting marked up.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Stardew in 30 mins!

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

STARDEW NEEEEVVVVVEEERRRRRR

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I played some octopath traveller and its good. Battle system is cool. but not being able to skip conversations makes me not want to play it

Haven't played yet but, reading some comments here, it looks like they send out a survey afterwards so if you get that I'd put skipping as a suggestion.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Finally had the chance to play through the Project Octopath demo today and it was bad rear end af. I really like the art style and combat - the story seems like it could be a bit generic but honestly the gameplay seems like it'll more than makeup for that if that is the case.

Definitely looking forward to getting a release date. Pretty odd that they'd have a survey go out on something like this that seems so far in development already. Wonder if that's a bad omen that they don't quite know how to shape the game but hopefully just means they can adjust some small nitpicks and really produce a nice polished game. Count me in as a day one buy, though!

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Octopath when?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

So is Golf Story good? I became interested due to it being an RPG and loving RPG's. I'm not huge into golf but tiger woods was always a fun game to me - is it more RPG or more Golf? :)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

MODS ??? :ohdear:

I shouldn't be buying video games this week lmao

But I really want Golf Story

I know me neither. I have metroid returns to beat still, am only 12 or so hours into divinity original sin 2 on PC and then October is going to be absolutely INSANE for games. I need more time in the day :(

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Has any review dove into how long the game is? I know there’s supposed to be something insane like 800 power moons but I guess the general average time to beat it is my question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

DaveKap posted:

I had a lot of people poo poo on me for saying Rocket League looked bad so I'm back to say

It still looks bad.

I’m honestly pretty shocked at how bad this looks. Mario and Zelda look amazing with a lot more going on so didn’t think Rocket League would end up looking so awful.

• Locked thread