Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Tnega posted:

So, when's the deadline for "Eh, just re-release the wii u's library, it's not like anyone owned it" to be unacceptable?

Just give me Mario Maker for the Switch. It's gotta happen eventually, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Black King Conga posted:

Sooo I guess I am buying a Switch. I have never owned a nintendo console ever and thought this is the perfect time to jump in. I will definitely get Zelda but am torn between Mario Kart 8 and that Mario + Rabbids game. I will be getting one or the other in the future anyway so, my question is, which one should I get first?

Also a glass screen protector is a must I assume? I've heard the screen can get scratches quite easily.

I got my Switch over the weekend along with Mario Kart 8 and Zelda, and both games have been amazing so far. Zelda is great for a lengthy single player experience, and MK8 is great for a quick race here and there with the wife.

I also grabbed this glass screen protector which was probably the easiest screen protector I've ever applied and doesn't diminish the screen's quality.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apap_Ci6QpudKJdQul

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Gal Metal Teaser

I hope this comes to the West.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Funny way you guys are spelling Torchlight but I’ll allow it.

Didn't the developers say they have no desire to bring the series to consoles?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

DLC Inc posted:

this just reminds me that we only have 2 background options for Switch and I'm wondering if we'll ever get the option to create more

I think we'll eventually get more including themes, but I seem to remember it taking forever for that stuff to come to the 3DS.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If Splatoon characters are in Mario Kart 8, does this mean we might see Pikachu in MK9?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Zelder posted:

pikachu isn't old enough to drive

And Baby Peach is?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

cheetah7071 posted:

this baffles me because Spirit Tracks was actually a decent game (which is bad for a zelda because zelda is usually incredible) and came right after Phantom Hourglass which was a complete garbage fire

I never played Spirit Tracks, but I remember when I first started playing Hourglass all I could think was how stupid the controls were. I ended up beating the game and really enjoying all of it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

HyperPuma posted:

this is a thread that tried to act like arms was good for like a whole month

its no surprise every vaguely intriguing indie is treated as the next stardew

The Switch, where every game is the honeymoon stage.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
So I'm about 20 hours in, and I am loving everything about Breath of the Wild. I was thinking about getting the season pass, are most people who got it satisfied with DLC 1 so far? Has there been any rumors or news about DLC 2?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

acksplode posted:

DLC 1 was kinda underwhelming, though not bad. It gave me a few extra hours of playtime and an excuse to re-explore central Hyrule. DLC 2 sounds more substantial, but all we know is that it adds some plot that has to do with Link's Guardian buddies. You should probably wait until we know more about DLC 2 before you buy the season pass.

Yeah it sounds like I should hold off for now. Watching youtube videos it looks like I've only scratched the surface of the amount of content I have yet to get to.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

So that's what DLC 2 is?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I've never played a Picross game before, should I get the Switch game?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Internet Kraken posted:

Stardew Question: Does produce you've harvested rot? I know crops will die in the ground when the season changes but I wanna know if stored produce magically stays fresh forever.

Also how late can you stay up before the game forces you to go to sleep?

I'm pretty sure 2 a.m. is the latest you can stay up.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Any idea why Amazon is either sold out of or not doing preorders for Resident Evil Revelations? I'd really like to get 20% off, but if I have to buy through Best Buy so be it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

MZ posted:

Odyssey is great, my only real complaint is that there are two motion-controlled actions that you can't seem to do any other way, which is especially baffling since these could be mapped to the two duplicated face button actions. I hope they fix this in a patch? Especially as these a very hard to do in handheld mode.

Nintendo again showing 95% brilliance and 5% :wtc: They just will not let motion controls die for some reason.

Which actions are you talking about? If one of them is the one where your hat rotates around you I found out by accident that you can just rotate the movement joystick in a circle before throwing your hat and it will perform this action.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Is there a way to throw your hat and have it stay out long enough to jump on it without having to hold the throw (Y) button the entire time? I feel like holding down the button the entire time is what's inhibiting me from getting that move down.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

So much for carts being a useful thing for people on metered internet connections.

So much for hoping my Switch's internal memory would be enough to last me awhile by choosing physical over digital.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

It sure sounds like Nintendo too is going to move to the cartridge just being a physical token that says you own the license for the game.

I was so happy too that Nintendo didn't follow the whole thing of installing the full game onto the hard drive with physical games.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

alf_pogs posted:

the hard drive capacity sucks on the switch but luckily for me LA Noire isn't the game that's going to make me find a solution to this problem. if a Dark Souls re-release were on the cards that needed it, however...

Wolfenstein 2 is making me wonder if I need to finally stop being cheap and buy a micro sd card.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Princeps32 posted:

gently caress it’s funny again

how is it still funny

Holy poo poo, I didn't catch it at first!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The first one is an actual Power Moon, yes. "Shopping in X Kingdom". After that it's just to pad out your total.

This confused the hell out of me. Why? What's the point of allowing you to buy 10 at a time if they don't mean anything?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Regy Rusty posted:

You need to buy them to reach 999 moons and unlock one last tiny minor thing.

Ok, this makes sense. Buying them just to have an inflated fake number is dumb however.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Argue posted:

Yeah the scooter was the only way I was able to do it; if you angle it correctly it's actually much easier than normal jumping. I got to the 70s and 80s the first few times and then went well beyond the 100 I needed once I got into the groove.

Haha who knew this was the easier way to do it. I watched a video of someone getting to 100 normally and was like "this looks simple enough".

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

empathe posted:

I feel like I'm missing something with Xenoblade. I tried the last 3DS one and I just couldn't get into it. The battle system seemed to suffer by being real-time / MMO style.

I feel like that just leads to needing AI cause you can't control multiple chars simultaneously very well.

I agree, I didn't get very far in the 3DS game due to the battle system/controls. I really want to check out 2 when it comes out, but I'm worried I'll run into the same snag.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Why are you posting my avatar from over 10 years ago?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

wocobob posted:

Just noticed that Telltale Batman is 50% off on Amazon right now. Two questions:

Is it actually a good game?

Does it run okay in handheld mode? (i’d probably just be playing it lying in bed)

As a Telltale game it's my least favorite. Well actually, make that a tie between it and Game of Thrones. I played it on the PS4 and it was a technical mess with constant freezing and graphical hitches. Don't know if any of that was fixed for the Switch, doubt it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm so glad they're bringing Bayonetta 2 to the Switch. I never owned a Wii U, so I've been wanting all those games I missed out on brought over. Now just release Mario Maker and I'll be happy. And maybe Devil's Third.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Waffleman_ posted:

Today I realized the dream and played a Switch on an airplane.

I had a blast with Golf Story on a plane last week. Guy in front of me was playing FF7 on a PSP.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Getting thebTalkatoo glitch to work was way more fun then trying to jump rope 100 times.

Oh man, please tell me this hasn't been patched yet. I could not for the life of me get the jump rope moon with jumping regularly or with the scooter.

Also, I got some gift cards and I'm thinking about getting Xenoblade 2 to tide me over until Bayo 2 comes out. Yes/no?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

This time Bowser has a cool hat.

And some slick hair.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Loezi posted:

Bought my wife a Switch for Christmas (totally not intending to buy BotW for myself) and she wants to minigolf. Any recommendations?

Infinite Minigolf is on the eshop and is currently on sale. Although I've never played it so I can't recommend it, but it looks interesting.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Reality Loser posted:

Worse endeavor: 900 korok seeds or 880 moons?

Korok seeds, there's like 5 different challenges to get them that just rotate pretty much. At least the moons had a bit more variety.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Guy Goodbody posted:

When is Nintendo going to tell us what's coming out next year?

Next year. Rumor is there will be a January direct.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Is there any word on if Nintendo will be bringing some kind of Streetpass functionality or anything to the Switch?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
God drat I have 1 moon left and it's the koopa race in Wooded Kingdom. I have no idea how to properly do the extended hat jump in order to cross the final gap to the finish line.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Watch a YouTube vid on someone finishing that challenge.

I instead watched a video on how to do the extra hat jump. Got the moon!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
My copy of XBC2 came in this morning and I've been playing since. Although it is quite anime, I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm excited to start collecting more blades and I really like the battle system. I guess my only complaint so far is "Let's show em a thing or three!".

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Oh sweet child, just wait for the titties.

Bring em on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Takoluka posted:

can you imagine buying a racing game and someone saying "ugh wait until the cars show up"

like, my dude, i know what i'm here for

Long live the Vita 2!

• Locked thread