Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

You (dumb): but we MUST debate this issue

Me (smart): *continues to never voice chat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Everytime I read 'artificial scarcity' I do a little chuckle.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Embarrassing gamer confession: I owned Bayonetta on PS3 and played for like half an hour. I have since seen the light of Platinum games and will buy the hell out of the switch release. MGR was so so good.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

guts and bolts posted:

This is a Very Bad and Wrong opinion.

artificial scarcity.

That's a lol.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Read this friendly goon: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/pkmobility-tips-and-tricks/

Plague Knight ends becoming extremely fun when you get the hang.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

George Lazenby posted:

Goemon 64 had a laugh track and it was extremely good

Lol I forgot this. Goeman 64 is my 'played while sick and a child game', as such I'm unsure what is real and what is reality when it comes to that game.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Picked up a Switch and Mario Odyssey today.

Considering taking it back because holy poo poo the controllers drop signal like crazy.

I tried both a pro and the two dangle things, and while they worked fine for the first three hours, the game felt sticky but I just thought I needed to get used to it, by hour four they were constantly missing button presses or not letting go of the stick when I do, so Mario would keep walking for a second or not jump when I want him to, which is when I realized something is very wrong. It got super frustrating when I got Pauline's band together and got treated to a stage to go along with the song, that was great until I died because the controller didn't recognize the jump button three times in a row, and then the next runthrough also nearly got me killed for the exact same reasons. What should have been a highlight was an exercise in frustration instead.

I have no idea what could be causing the issue. There's nothing between my couch and the Switch under my TV, it's not even six feet away. I even had a USB cable to charge the pro controller with and it's still not working right. Then I tried clicking the joycons into the Switch and playing it in handheld mode, and still got dropped signals. :psyduck:

Booted up Mario Galaxy a bit ago and have exactly none of these issues, so it's definitely something with the hardware itself and not any kind of input lag or something eating the bluetooth signal.

I'm gonna give it a day then try again tomorrow. I have no idea what the problem could be but there is a wi-fi router on the coffee table, so maybe I'll move that and see if that does anything. Otherwise I'm gonna return it later this week.

I had a similar thing happen to me, couldn't figure out what it was. What ended up working was hitting the little resync button one by one on all the controllers, on one, even twice. All good since then, the signals were interfering with each other somehow. I hope this works for you too dude.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Literally every single person who doesn't agree that this owns has forgotten what it's like to be a kid.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I'm not going buy a single piece of this but its making me wish i had children.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah it does own, but you gotta laugh, at it, yourself, people selling their switches.

if i had kids i'd probably get it and hog it.

For sure, its insane in the best way. Only Nintendo would do this crazy poo poo with a straight face.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

I have a 10 year old child and there's no loving way I'd waste £50+ on some cardboard jesus

Worry not im 100% sure you'll be able to steal the blueprints for this and make it for free day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Not Operator posted:

I bought Splatoon 2 on a whim and I was sold on it by the end of character creation. Its super stylish.

Same except it was the soundtrack. So fresh.

• Locked thread