Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So apparently Nintendo just trademarked some stuff

No idea what it's for yet precisely.

My hope:
Giant amiibo statue installations that you have to journey to like a pilgrimage for DLC

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ghostwritingduck posted:

Any word on how big of a boost Snake Pass got with its 40 percent off? I was hoping for some news about the nice profit boost to encourage other indie developers to try some discounts.

Word: I bought it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

is there any way to rearrange icons on the menu or add more rows?

Buy more games. (Idk about rearranging)

I don't want to delete my testfire and testpunch downloads off the menu - I like having them there even though they are useless now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
BRB designing the Bubsy of Minecrafts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spit on my clit posted:

I'm tired of Melee, because its been the same thing for the past few years, but smash 4 should be at least treated better by the FGC. melee is always the main event for some reason, and I just don't get why it still is.

grognards

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Read it again and don't be sad.

"One of the best" doesn't even preclude yours being better (it's not)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would be very about pokefloats but my friend who mains Little Mac probably wouldn't be.

Chancy is chancy - beware!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spellman posted:

Some leveled squids in my plaza, did the splatfest already happen?

They're plants. Fakes!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tomahawk posted:

I still do not enjoy this game. I didn't like ARMS either. I hope some games I enjoy come out soon!

I hear the new Hoop and Stick is in at Ace Hardware, Granddad

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

i still maintain that the motion aiming is inverted from what it should be

I mean that's just like your opinion, man

This isn't a flight sim.

(isn't inverting it an option?)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kaubocks posted:

people who pick a splatfest side because of what character is backing it are like people who never nickname their pokemon

they have no sense of self identity and are incapable of just having fun with something stupid :colbert:

You sure seem to care about this a whole lot

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Takoluka posted:

Go Team Dog!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

That's what you think but the boxes are just filled with spiders and snakes

There's probably a smaller Switch inside

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Any good toaster purchase stories?

I got one on impulse for $4 on black friday and the next week my old one died.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

It died of a broken heart. :oh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I regret paying full price for Other M and XCX and that's pretty much it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

XCX was... OK

I enjoyed it up until about when I got a skell, and even then there were a lot of suboptimal design choices

In the end, the world was big but just completely empty and samey and getting the giant robot suit made combat less fun to the point that I was jumping out just to execute combos. The crafting and upgrading system, the missions, and even your own party members made everything a chore and I lost the joy of playing long before coming to the end of the game.

It was OK.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Calamity Bowser

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

Xenoblade chronicles x had good gameplay gated behind bad design. which is generally easier for a team to fix going forward than bad gameplay

The gameplay was... acceptable. Interesting. Different. Worth a shot. Not "good" though.

And seconding that in-town music was good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

I found the on-foot combat to be fun and engaging, the mixing and matching with weapons, Arts, and party member callouts was cool.

I guess it just wore out its welcome too quickly for me. The color coded callouts were a neat mechanic and all, but it just felt like once you "got it" there was nothing else to do. Like the learning curve was just a vertical line followed by an infinite plain

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Shantae games (as games) are good.

The tongue in cheek gratuitous boobery will amuse some, bother others, and trigger virtue signaling in still others. It's whatever.

Edit: I'm not sure I'd play it on a bus or in front of my mom or whatever because it's p. skeevy at first glance, but it's a good game is what I'm saying

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 18, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

Horniness and platformers just don't mix

Shantae actually disproves this

I'm glad there's not a horny Rayman game though. I don't want to see his discontiguous weiner

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

But seriously accusing someone of virtue signaling is dumb as hell because it presumes you know for a fact that another person is insincere in their intentions (unlike you, the person laying the judgement upon them). Don't start that mess in here
That would indeed be dumb. But making a general statement that some people are going to hand wring on the internet over something they privately enjoy but wish to be seen to publicly denounce shouldn't be controversial. It might also not always be very helpful to point out, admittedly, but it definitely happens. Call it what you want.

Here is a true and sincere statement: I am very excited for the official release of Splatoon 2.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have written a song for this thread ahem

*strums guitar once* the Switch is good

Thank you

Also D.Va and Pearl would be friends

I vote this song for thread theme song

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think the voice chat option sounds terrible

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

People are pretending you have to have a sound splitter, specialized headset, be within X feet of the console, etc. Literally all do is start the session in the app and put it in your lap or next to you while you play the game. Plug in a $8 pair of gas station earbuds w/mic to your phone if you want, but even that's not necessary. You don't need any sort of adapter or require any kind of proximity to your console like people are repeating.

Not having a headset could create some nasty feedback, but probably

CALLER TURN - CALLER - CALLER TURN DOWN YOUR RADIO

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I haven't followed along enough to even have an inkling of why they did it that way. As in; was it not at least as much work as doing it in a more normal way?
i sea what you did there

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I will occasionally squid squad with goons and hear your nasally wheezing and bad fish puns (and let you hear mine)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yes those do appear to be modified thumbsticks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't think I've laughed out loud at a single emote reply that loud in quite a while.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

what about it

I'm going to use it

Occasionally

Probably

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Splatoon 2 is a port

Switch has no games

Voice Chat

WAGGLE

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I haven't turned my Switch on in weeks, but I guess I'm just a troll.

WHY NOT BOTH when

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Things you never knew you didn't want to know

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

This Twitter is good.

It is good and I just followed it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's just not convoluted at all. It's bad, but not convoluted. You open the app, tap the online users you want, and press invite. It's a lot of bad things, but it is not there least bit complex.

Also, they almost certainly see it as "here's an extra thing you can have for free, yay!" Like the first time a car manufacturer put in a cup holder or something and they weren't expecting people to be all But I need seven cup holders and this one is too small and also gently caress you suck my dick

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spellman posted:

At least until we start paying for it in 2018

The app still feels like extra features when the main thing we're paying for is servers for online gameplay

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why does she even exist? Dixie should have been in DK64 instead of this new Kong with the exact same powers.

Ah, Miyamoto corrects, but Dixie cannot shrink, we had to create a new character.

Miyamoto, with all due respect, this tiny Kong can't shrink either until she learns the move. Anyone could theoretically learn that move from Cranky Kong and don't even try to pretend either. And while I'm at it, me Miyamoto, revered creator of Donkey Kong, why is Chunky Kong not Kiddy Kong? People don't like Kiddy? Well they don't like Tingle either, people are wrong. And finally Mr Miyamoto, why are there beetles crawling out of your skin? That's not your skin? That's a trash bag? You're not Mr Miyamoto, you're a garbage can? This isn't a bullet train to Kyoto, this is my car? I'm going 105 miles per hour? Shut up Mr Miyamoto I'm trying to post

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatoon 2 comes with a reversible cover.

Once again, buying physical is the superior choice

I have my Zelda cover reversed. It is pretty. My Splatoon 2 cover will no doubt also be pretty. ITS ALMOST TIME GO GO GO

• Locked thread