Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Any word on how big of a boost Snake Pass got with its 40 percent off? I was hoping for some news about the nice profit boost to encourage other indie developers to try some discounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Infinitum posted:

Hello I am Infinitum, and I have an important PSA to make

If you buy Splatoon 2 on a physical cart you are a dumb dumb

Buy multiplayer games digitally, so they always live on your system and you can access them instantaneously.
Buy single player games physically, so you can swap them out whenever.

I will also accept buying games physically if you're not sure how good they're going to be, so that you may trade them in later if they suck.
For example Mario+Rabbids may not be everyones cup of tea.

But Splatoon 2 is a good game.
So buy it digitally.

This has been forum poster Infinitum, thanking you for your time.

Splatoon 2 will be my first physical Switch game assuming I can pick it up used at GameStop. I didn't care much for Splatfest, but I'm willing to give the full game a shot with the option of getting my money back if it doesn't work out.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Mario Rabbids is awesome. I love the emphasis on mobility during combat.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

angel opportunity posted:

Can someone who didn't like Mario vs Rabbids weigh in and tell me why I shouldn't buy it? I try to avoid goon hype but I'm really close to buying the game at this point and worried I'll regret doing it

I like the game a lot, but here's a couple of reasons you might not like it:

1. You hate tactics/turn based combat.
2. You are too cool to admit liking a game with Rabbids.
3. You genuinely hate Mario characters.
4. You will never accept Luigi giving a steely stare down a rifle and shooting a rabbid in the face in slow motion.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Mario XCOM is really hard for me and I've used easy mode an embarrassing amount of times, I'm glad it exists. I think everyone else is breezing through the game

I think a lot of people are commenting on its easiness before making it too far past world 1. Even when I crush a level the first time, it's because I've put some thought into the movements and combos. I'm very curious to hear people's thoughts of the difficulty once they've made it further.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

It's fun, but, there's no build diversity, there are characters clearly superior to others, there is nothing to do between fights, the exploration mechanics are actively bad, and there isn't nearly enough content (really all of the battle challenges should have been levels and then made more movement/mechanic based challenges). What is there is really really fun and the DLC will pad out the content, but it is not something I'm recommending to people to pick up right now at full price unless you're desperate for something to play/don't mind overpaying.

How far did you get? For example, Luigi's overwatch was a go to move until World Three where it didn't work on multiple enemies.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, in XCOM an 80% chance to hit at lower difficulties is actually a 96% chance because the game cheats in the player's favor because less skilled players will often take worse shots and they didn't want them to feel too bad about missing

I much prefer the chance in Mario to XCOM. Despite knowing I'm going to make the shot, the amount of damage isn't certain. I've had moments where I did less damage than I was counting on, but that's way less frustrating than missing a shot where you player has direct line of sight.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I'd buy a lot of these 3DS games if they were on Switch.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

No way Mario Party has 100 fun mini games.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I hope they explain how jumping will work In Mario Odyssey.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Anyone have luck with Nintendo fixing a Switch with dead pixels? They suddenly appeared since I played yesterday.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Most places won’t do anything about having just one. Doesn’t hurt to call them though.

I wonder how long I've had it. I only noticed because of the long black screen. It's a bigger dot than a single pixel though.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Is there a way to zoom out to see the hole in Golf Story? It’s bumming me out that I can’t.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Sunshine didn’t go far enough into the courtroom drama for my tastes.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Nintendo’s online Switch sale is so bad, the games can’t get on the best sellers list.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Any good resources for eshop game reviews?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Steamworld Dig 2 is surprisingly awesome. I enjoyed the first, but this one is so much more carefully designed. The areas are varied and traversal is quite fun as the power ups get collected. Has this game been picked up by speed runners yet? It seems like you could sequence break it in interesting ways.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

There’s a Nindies sale coming tomorrow. So far only 25% off Death Squared is confirmed, but another 8 games are said to be featured.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hope Steamworld Heist is one of them

I bought the thing a few days ago and I like it a lot more than games I’ve spent three times as much on. Don’t blame you for wanting to wait for a sale though!

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

man either a bunch of social media people got really into this or there's some kind of gigantic gluttony of poo poo from Sega/Capcom/Ubisoft in the pipeline. LOL at that Jack Baker one though I cannot see RE7 on Switch. Somebody mentioned that AC Origins is "really well optimized" but I can't see that on Switch either.

Why can’t you see RE7? I figure it should be portable to Switch if it can be done in PSVR.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Larrymer posted:

Is Nine Parchments good now? How quickly can you jump in and out of games? I ask this as a dad with little free time (so online is kind of important) and will be playing without friends. :smith:

I haven’t played the main game, but I didn’t like the feel of combat in the demo. That doesn’t seem like something that will get fixed in an update.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

This is a bummer of a year for single player games on Switch. They spent 30 minutes on Smash with no indication that there’s something there for single players. That’d be fine, but it looks like Nintendo put all their eggs in that basket too.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

f#a# posted:

I'm torn between asking you more about how you see HLD as an LTTP clone and just replying "lol"

The game appears to get mixed reviews, but the visuals looks gorgeous and gameplay looks fun. If I feel that way looking at trailers, will I likely like this game? What’s the barrier to entry?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I really want to love Smash, but two things are going to make me hold off:

1. I have no friends that play video games and there’s not enough of a campaign here.

2. Playable Captain Toad is missing. I’d even be ok with a Toad/Toadette mirror of ice climbers and I typically hate playing as them.

Fixing one of these things would make me a lot more likely to purchase.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

American McGay posted:

Peach had her own game and she solved platforming puzzles by wildly expressing emotion.

Yep... Peach’s overwhelming emotions on Vibe Island...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

I’d personally rather pay more for Nintendo’s online service and get more games. NES is cool, but some SNES games and indies mixed in would be a lot more exciting to me.

• Locked thread