Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I don't think we're going to see 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch due to the two-screen thing and many games requiring touch screen/stylus. Yes, you COULD do it in undocked mode and using your finger but that's very un-Nintendo to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Note: Painting walls doesn't improve your score, only painting floors. Painting walls is needed for area control and mobility however. If you go around painting walls you won't be getting points.

Is that true? I've been doing it wrong all this time!

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

You can't really compare the difficulty of porting two games from completely different engines and studios, especially when dealing with the wizards at id.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sure but Superhot has pretty low system specs. I imagine it's less a question of if the Switch can handle it and more a question of if it would sell enough to make spending port money worthwhile.

Knowing nothing about the development of either title, it could be that they use very specific coding that doesn't port easily to the Switch's architecture, for whatever reason. It's hard to know from an outsider's perspective but I've seen enough weirdness that engineers put in as shortcuts or optimization that becomes a nightmare when porting to other platforms, which would necessitate the question you mention but at a higher cost than we would expect.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Modus Pwnens posted:

The ones you can't get until later are all grouped at the bottom of the lists, if you want to make sure you're getting everything you can as you go.

You can also repeatedly talk to the parrot to fill in any blank spaces on your List EXCEPT the ones you can't unlock. I haven't tested this for doing an entire list but when I've exhausted all the Moons I can find naturally I usually go talk to him a half dozen times to get the moon names for the ones I'm missing, and see that the bottom X amount of moons don't get names so I know those aren't available yet.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

My biggest gripe with BotW is the severe lack of music. Riding your horse through Hyrule Field SHOULD be accompanied by the sweeping Overworld theme and it's weird that it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Samurai Sanders posted:

So that means about half the game deliberately isn't on the cartridge? That's how they're gonna handle giant games, rather than reducing their texture resolution or re-encode videos or something?

So much for carts being a useful thing for people on metered internet connections.

A lot of it boils down to the cost of a larger cart, COGS-wise. Someone did a P&L somewhere that told them it'd cost $X more per unit to go with the 32GB cart over the 16GB cart, and decided making everyone download the remaining data was worth the PR hit in order to save that money.

• Locked thread