Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Also Darkest Dungeon on the switch would be amazing.

If they let you re-map the controls, maybe. I love Darkest Dungeon, but it plays like rear end on PS4 and Vita. The DD guys deserve more money though so why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dizz posted:

I prefer Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask is so good because it's different. They tried some new things and those things were good. The time deal was actually interesting. The only problem I have with it is the somewhat obscure nature of the sidequests because of that.

MM is my favorite LoZ and it's not even close. I also like TP a lot more than most, despite the boring wolf parts and overall length.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Arms is in the $30 section for me, which I feel bad about because I like when developers try new things. It just doesn't click for me. I dig the idea and the character design, but the actual fighting is iffy. Maybe if I improve ill feel different, but for now I dont have enough fun playing it to justify $60.

Thanks for listening to my useless arms review

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

HyperPuma posted:

why would you pay 30 bucks for a game you dont even enjoy

good question. i guess i'd be more comfortable taking a chance on a game i'm not 100% on at that price. you're right though that's dumb as hell. i'll just play some BotW

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

can't wait to sell Toad body parts on the mushroom kingdom black market tomorrow y'all

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dizz posted:

I made that joke already!

and a fine joke it is! bully to you sir now let's shoot googly-eyed rabbit aliens in the face

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dizz posted:

Junior is also an rear end in a top hat and a prick, so it's well deserved.

The Koopalings are just way better at being assholes.

all of this because Bowser is a single dad who can't handle his constantly misbehaving wards. try as he might to create a stable family, some rear end in a top hat plumber is always loving it up

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dizz posted:

What is he doing that he's never there for his kid[s]? And is he such a bitch that the Koopalings aren't terrified of mistreating his son?

maybe he thinks it'll toughen little junior baby son of a bitch up. tough love from ol' Papa B.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Generally speaking, consoles do not have a good launch year. The Switch's has been a very amazing outlier. You get whatever was made specifically for the launch window, then you're stuck waiting a year for everyone else who got their hands on a dev kit and started putting something together with it post-launch.

Yeah it's more likely to have a weak second year due to being so front-loaded.

I'd probably buy Hyrule Warriors again if the DLC is included and the performance is shored up. I don't generally like musou games but that one was an exception.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ventana posted:

Considering that we didn't know anything about the switch's library (other than botw) until a couple or months before release, and seeing that there's still more franchises nintendo has yet to pull from, I think Switch is gonna be fine.

Well yeah I said it's more likely, not that it's gonna happen. I'm excited for Kirby for sure. This was such a strong first year I'm just saying the second year probably won't be as strong

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

new luigi's mansion when

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

katkillad2 posted:

I can't wait for Stardew to release, so hopefully the dumb meme posting stops.

I actually want a new Luigi's Mansion

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Evil Fluffy posted:

They don't have any other first party IPs that rival Mario and Zelda (Pokemon doesn't count) but they could potentially put out a bunch of secondary stuff like Metroid Prime 4, that Yoshi game, maybe announce a Star Fox game and the next Smash Bros at E3. The only other thing that could rival Mario would be Pokemon and if that can somehow be ready for the 2018 holiday season it'll be their headliner for E3 next year.

Imagine a 2018 that includes: Octopath Traveller, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid, possibly Star Fox (I mean, we're getting Metroid Prime 4), Smash Bros, a slew of various 3rd party AAA games, and then Pokemon Switch as the big holiday game like Mario Odyssey is for this year. While indie games come out here and there like we've been seeing so far this year. :retrogames:

Did they announce a new Star Fox? Figured Zero would kill it dead

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Chernabog posted:

What kind of game is darkest dungeon?

A game where Mortality Is Clarified with A Single Strike

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Guys, guys: (Golf Story spoiler) you fight the undead using the combined power of the snack cart and golf

GOTY

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

the numbers DO lie

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Reality Winner posted:

Fingers crossed for another captain toad game this year. Probably won't happen though, if ever.

How did the first one sell? It was a great price for a pretty enjoyable puzzle game. Captain Toad was my fuckin jam

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Can't wait to get wrecked by Artorias over and over again while on the shitter. Jolly rooftop cooperation, y'all

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Gay Horney posted:

I was cast adrift in a sea of microtransactions, loot boxes, and unlock able cosmetics. Beset on all sides by battle royales, battle passes, and battles against developers. I've seen the things we've all seen.  fillable progress bars, day one DLC, endless loot treadmills, skinner boxes for boxes of skins...

i thought gaming had passed me by... now I know there's a better way... The Nintendo way.

I'm reading this imagining it in the Darkest Dungeon Narrator voice

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

How are Hands of Fate 2 and Titan Quest on God's chosen console?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Rolo posted:

Sega Nomad?

:hmmyes:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

GreenNight posted:

poo poo I wish Grim Dawn was on switch.

That or D3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

So having not played a Valkyria Chronicles game since 1, the demo of 4 seems good so far? I really don't enjoy anime, but tactical combat and Sakimoto music are hard to resist.

• Locked thread