Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Augus posted:

I played Super Mario Odyssey at Best Buy, game is extremely fun.
Is it me or are the JoyCons super tiny? I don't have very big hands or anything but pressing the buttons was very awkward

I was also real surprised how tiny they were, and how tiny they still felt on the grip that connects them both, not sure what it's called. Really concerned that my screwed up thumbs (thanks NES controller!) are going to be in pain after 30 minutes. Maybe the pro controller will be the path for me, be no one seems to have them out where you can actually hold them. Worst case I bulk em up somehow, but doesn't matter, I'll fight through the pain, way too excited about SMO (and Metroid) to sit the switch out. Will probably even replay BotW....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
So, I apologize if this has been covered in the last 20 pages I'm behind in the thread, but I haven't seen this discussed in the last few weeks and I don't see it in the OP. I just picked up a switch for SMO, since I have a lot of travel coming up. As such, I need something to protect the switch in my messenger bag for when I travel. Does the thread have a preference for a good, minimal case? I just need something to protect the actual switch + 1 pair of joycons in my carry-on. It doesn't need to be some ultra pelican case, nor do I need to carry 20 game carts and spare joycons. Just something to give it a bit of padding in the same bag with a couple laptops, a tablet, and a kindle (so a bag I'm not throwing around carelessly). Thanks in advance!

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The butterfox case is *a good case* though

Thank you, that case looks perfect!

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Glad to say my controller issues disappeared and the rest of Mario Odyssey controlled like butter. Beat the final boss at around 180 moons? Didn't actually look, but now that I'm into post game, and the game is working properly, my word I could see this lasting quite a long while. Game is a blast and I'm really glad I got it.

What finally fixed the issue for you? Mine are lagging with annoying frequency and I would love to not have to send em back to Nintendo. Close to the switch, don't have my body in between, etc....still lags.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
So, is there a thread recommended HDMI switch? With the arrival of my SNES NT, i am now at 8 HDMI devices and relegated to having something plugged into the front panel HDMI on my receiver.

Probably doesn't need anything super fancy (like 4K) because I'll probably just use it to switch the NES NT, the SNES NT, and my Wii U. 4 ports would be nice in case I ever HDMI mod the N64.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I have had no complaints about ontrac in the past, they have been in use for at least a year or two here in the SF Bay area...although I honestly haven't seen them used lately by Amazon in awhile.

My Amazon copy of titty witch is out for delivery at least, but it's with USPS, so that is a whole 'nother dice roll by itself.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Is there any point to the single player in Splatoon 2 other than as a tutorial really? Do you get any gear or anything that carries over to MP?

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

spit on my clit posted:

you're the ones with the dirty minds you see dhalia is meant to be some kind of fertility goddess or some poo poo and-

long story short, basically this

:vince:

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Hmm.. in a sense you correctly answered one question, do they sell fireproof armor here as I discovered minutes later, but not the other. I will not say what the second question is.

The first answer is now 'Yes' also (I'm assuming the second answer was in fact correct because fireproof armor is sold in Goron City).

ROJO fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 22, 2018

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Well, after getting through the first world of DKTF, I realized it wasn't helping my backlog, so I went ahead and finished up the second half of celeste - incredible game. 1347 deaths, 103/175 berries, and all but one of the B-side tapes on the first go through. Also got two blue hearts, some big yellow gem, found a shrine that had a bunch of other big gems I obviously missed - no clue what to do with those. But yeah, drat. What a great game. Probably my top non-mario platformer of all time.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Whelp, made it easily to the semifinals of my first tournament before getting completely stomped. Agree that zone shots are tricky, I seem to miss the window for them a lot and just wind up letting the ball go past me.

And trick shots, jesus. But yeah, game is real fun

edit: also wish the COM player had a selectable difficulty - it is laughably easy. Can't even get decent practice with it.

ROJO fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 2, 2018

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Crawfish posted:

Is the toad thing a US demo thing? I don't remember anything with toads when I tried the AUS/NZ demo earlier.

Toad unlocks at 300 points, and I have only seen one online in my first tournament.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Been playing Hollow Knight for a bit now ("Played for 5 hours or more"), and was honestly not getting what all the complaining was about difficulty. Beat Hornet on the second try, Soul Master on the second try, etc. Had never lost geo due to not being able to get to my body, etc.

Then I got to crystal peak and those drat crystal hunters. Specifically gently caress those guys in the Crystallized Mound.

I am no longer feeling smug :suicide:

ROJO fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 12, 2018

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Started into Overcooked 2 last night with 4 player couch co-op, seems pretty solid all things considered. I have the original on PS4, and the switch version does seem noticeably less smooth, and the controller inputs definitely can get laggy at times (something I never noticed on PS4). All and all though, I have way more friends I am likely to play online with on Switch than PS4, so the switch version was the way to go.

And jesus the first bonus level Kevin 1 is hard as hell with only 2 players. My wife and I were starting a second 2-player run late last night, and were doubling or tripling every 3 star point requirement in the first world (which is painfully easy). But god drat we threw ourselves at Kevin 1 about 10 times and best was getting within 5 points of the 3 star req.

Glad to be getting our cook on again :chef:

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Just chiming in to say Broforce is really good on switch - if you've ever liked a Contra game, you owe it to yourself to check it out. It plays very smoothly even with explosions everywhere. I like the mechanic of gambling an extra life on a bro you may not want or may not be ideal for the situation. Sometimes your deaths feel like bullshit because you didn't even see what happened to you, but you respawn quickly enough it really isn't a problem. Definitely worth the $15 (or $12 something if you have another devolver game).

Approximately how many levels are in the game + the DLCs?

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Favorite bro so far:Bro in Black

Least favorite bro so far:Bronan the Brobarian, like seriously, how is he supposed to be worth a drat?? Only worthwhile for :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

His sword charges. If you just mash fire and hack away it doesn’t do much. Charge him up by holding fire and knock out large groups of enemies.

He is also invincible while doing his special so he’s the bro you throw directly into huge groups of enemies with his special move.

In general in Broforce if you find yourself thinking a weapon is grossly underpowered, try holding fire to charge it.

Yeah I was charging it up.....it just still didn't seem to do much that was very exciting. Good to know about his invincibility during his special though.

• Locked thread