Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Banjo Kazooie is great, Banjo Twooie er... not so hot. Yooka Laylee sounds like it's more in Twooie territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What will be the next garbage full price release of Skyrim after Skyrim Switch and Skyrim VR?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lego Worlds seemed to be a bit of a technical mess on the more powerful consoles, I can't imagine how it runs on a Switch.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bull3964 posted:

From Engadget.

If the multiplayer update is optional that's great, nobody wants that poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm looking forward to more Snipperclips.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Really? That just makes the choice to have the boring dimly lit Doom Marine version as the default even more confusing :psyduck:

Bethesda are really, really bad at marketing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

IIRC their argument was basically "if it looks like a generic shooter (Halo) cover it'll get the attention of people who play shooters."

Which, sure, isn't entirely wrong, but I'm pretty sure a guy in hell choking a demon with one hand and holding a shotgun with the other is going to get their attention too.

They also seemed to think that people would want it for the (outsourced?) multiplayer and seemingly wanted people to think it was a lot slower paced.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

As much as I'd love a third Bravely Default game, I'm glad we are currently getting nice pixel art instead of the awful character designs that the cg cutscenes in Bravely Second promised.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I was sitting on the fence for Mario + Rabbids but I think the soundtrack pushes it into a buy for me.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 18, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sensual Simian posted:

Im shocked that "Kill yourself" isnt a default text prompt in any console moba, seems like a huge oversight for how often it is said.

I just assumed anybody playing a moba is already suicidal.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

SNIPPERCLIPS PLUS

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I played Zelda mostly docked, but now I play almost exclusively in handheld mode.

I think the games look better that way too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Buying physical allows me to quickly dump a game that turns out to be bad, or to get rid of games I’ll never play again.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors is fun y'all. I like the Pair Up mechanic, the Weapon Triangle integration and being able to tell your dudes to go kill someone.

I feel like those three mechanics work well in a Warriors game and hope they stay for future titles.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I normally don't give a poo poo about Amiibos but drat do I want wedding Bowser.

I want a wedding Peach and a non-wedding Bowser.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol I screwed myself out of a dinosaur egg in Stardew Valley by installing the Switch update before finishing the day first.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Update: Turns out you literally can't do that moon unless you do the motion controls. Shaking makes the frog jump higher. I just never noticed that little bit of info at the bottom. Poop on that

Wrong.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

But it is shitloads easier that way.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

enojy posted:

Yea, they definitely shoehorned in a handful of things where motion controls are nigh-unavoidable, but I'm not at all mad about it. None of it is at Donkey Kong Country Returns level of "shake the Wiimote to ground pound or GLHF" so it's all good.

What do you do otherwise? Jump out of the frog at the apex of the normal jump?

You can do a bunch of stuff when you jump out of an enemy. Generally a hat bounce or a dive will get extra height/distance. It’s hard to get the timing right though, I spent most of the game not using stuff like that and now I have to learn all the advanced moves.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Are there a lot of details about Xenoblade out yet?

I never finished the first two but I did enjoy my time playing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I wasn't really referring to Team Skull, they were honestly fine and would have been sufficient. To be honest, thematically they make way more sense than the actual villains of the game. A story about a secluded region that's sort of a backwater/behind the times trying to prove it is worth standing tall on the international stage would be well served with villains who are essentially lazy, apathetic and amoral punks who aren't really dangerous or threatening -- they just suck, and they bring down everything around them.

Pokemon Black just has you fighting PETA in Ren Faire garb and it's great. It's a Pokemon game that literally addresses the "isn't this glorified cock fighting" argument.

They don’t address the cockfighting argument so much as bring it up then awkwardly mumble something about friendship.

Lusamine rules.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Mythras va is so much more checked out/worse than pyras their conversations together are really funny

Same va, and they’re fine.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

The jump in graphics between Brawl and Wii U is actually pretty dramatic. The jump between Wii U and Switch wouldn't be big enough to warrant building a whole new game from the ground up.

edit: personally, one of my favorite things about Wii u smash was their insane decision to make GameCube controllers work (what other company would ever do this??). It's a shame that would basically be impossible on switch

Didn’t they already have gamecube controllers working on the Switch?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don’t think Xenoblade is a better game than Zelda or Mario, but I’m personally loving it a lot.

If they patch the resolution in handheld mode it will be really great.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Blizzard guy spent much more of that quote talking about not wanting to have another port of the game to keep up to date.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

I'm about 40 hours in and I'm getting the texture pop-in like an hour after I boot the game up, just standing around for up to 20-30 seconds waiting for the game to load everything in sometimes. The frame rate in Torigoth gets pretty bad too, especially around those bridges. Playing docked.

I’ve seen the textures load in when travelling but it never takes even close to 30 seconds.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

empathe posted:

Not sure if I have bad joycons, but does anyone else feel like the vibration (in things like Xenoblade) are really awful sounding and feel like something is broken when playing in handheld mode?

Outside of 1, 2, Switch I barely notice the rumble at all.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

XB2 had really loud HD rumble compared to literally every other game I've played, like it was noticeable when you'd roll a gacha blade.

I like to put the Switch down when opening a core crystal because it makes a cool noise on the desk.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Is it just me or is the guy you pick up in chapter 3 of xb2 kinda garbage? Like my whole party just constantly wipes when I substitute him in.

If you mean the big guy, ignore him if you want.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why would they call their Smash Bros clone Brawlout when Smash Bros Brawl was the one that pissed off the try-hards?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It’s cool that indie developers listen to player input but it turns out a lot of the dumbest, angriest people shout the loudest.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

mancalamania posted:

I disagree, I think the beauty of the game is its simplicity and not feeling obligated to fiddle around constantly minmaxing skills and such for each battle. I don't think I changed around my skill tree once, although the knowledge that I could if I needed to was pretty liberating and freed me up to make quick impulse decisions about what skills sounded cool. I also don't think it was necessarily designed around players constantly re-doing their skill tree, since I think pre-release copies made you pay coins to reset it.

There are skill for fighting higher level enemies and you aren’t given sidequest experience unless you ask for it, so you can easily challenge yourself with loadouts instead of levelling.

On the other hand if you want you can just grind it out, or anything inbetween the two.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hahah, sorry.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

chaleski posted:

The BOTW team needs to do a seminar or something, the gyro on that game is loving flawless and every game with 3D-aiming should emulate it

The gyro bow aiming was awesome but some of the gyro based puzzles were... not awesome.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I’d buy this.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Astro7x posted:

My problem with Mario Maker is the same problem I had with LittleBigPlanet. There is so much poo poo to wade through that it’s a challenge to find actual good levels, which can be really amazing. I wish they found a way to just package up the best levels and let me play through a 32 stage “game” without having to hunt for each level. I would just search for hours and find 99% of it to be garbage.

My problem with LittleBigPlanet was that it was a bad platformer and then Sony killed it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I’d like a Xenoblade Chronicles X port, but I’d want some quality of life improvements.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

Do people power their switches down or only enter sleep mode?

Sleep mode.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I highly recommend playing Monsters Dating Monsters (from Jackbox 4) in a party setting, it’s awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Read the room first. It's a bluffing game like Diplomacy etc., so it could raise tensions if you have anyone who gets weird about being lied to.

My absolute favorite Jackbox game is Fibbage: But Enough About You from Jackbox 4. It leads to truly incredible scenarios if everyone playing knows each other.

That’s the only one we didn’t play and now I probably won’t be able to for a while. 😪

• Locked thread