Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Other than load times are there any advantages to going digital?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

For people still looking for switches, I got mine by calling a Target when they opened, I'm not sure if this is true for all targets but this one got stuff at night that they'd put out first thing in the morning.

Yeah I'm gonna get Splatoon digitally load times and if I like it anywhere near as much as Splatoon 1 I'm gonna be playing a lot of it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

For people who're concerned about the skill level of Splatoon players, they've got a ranking system so you won't have to face skilled opponents for very long after launch. Unless they make a side profile to stomp newbies with for a bit then delete.

Kaubocks posted:

if you pick a splat fest team based not on what you actually have interest in but instead what some fictional character chooses as their team then i am afraid to tell you this but you are an idiot

neither of them give a gently caress what you do for them

when the inevitable pearl vs marina splat fest comes up then i expect you to die on your chosen hill

:yeah:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

LethalGeek posted:

After 3 hours of splatoon I had to leave, so I went to get my switch out of the dock and holy crap it was nearly hot to the touch. Playing inside even a semi ventilated cabinet in an 84f room was plainly not a good idea and I should know better. Thankfully it seems fine, for a system that seemed to be fragile as hell at launch it handled it.

You could put some reusable ice packs near the airflow intake when your switch is docked if you're going to be playing for an extended period.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I called a target at opening and got lucky, I hope everyone in here who's searching for one succeeds.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So who all is super pumped for the new Mario Rabbids game?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I was playing splatoon 2 just fine with a usb ethernet adapter, but now it's unable to connect and my computer can't use it either, any suggestions on a new adapter or a fix for my old one?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Are you using the same ethernet cord when you're checking? And/or the same port on your router?

I tried the ethernet cable with my laptop it totally works, the adapter doesn't though.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you tried turning the router off and on first?

Well I'm posting this from the laptop while using the adapter now so I'd say this is pretty solid advice.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tried that dragon quest builders demo and liked it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm looking forward to the new switch pokemon game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxCoBKNhrVM It looks pretty good, I was surprise to see someday it'll get one. :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Vikar Jerome posted:

oooh poo poo Pillars of Eternity 2 is coming out on the switch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-coming-to-consoles.aspx

ffucucucuck i really want to import a save but also wanna play on the switch.

You can recreate all the pertinent choices during character creation. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

whaley posted:

Glad I didn't plow through Xenoblade Chronicles 2, maybe by the time I get through it they'll be finished making it

I'm going to pick it up in a week or two, glad I waited since they're doing so many updates.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know literally nothing about this game but the cover art has me sold

One the npcs you can recruit is a druid who can turn into a street shark.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fun Times! posted:

drat Dragon Quest Builders is addicting. The camera sucks once you try to make multiple-floored buildings but otherwise it's a good game.

I put it in first person when I was working on the interior of those in the demo, but I don't think you can go into first person when you're outside a building.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Weedle posted:

The biggest problem with Punch Club is its really aggressive stat degradation that requires you to spend a huge portion of each in-game day training just to break even, leaving very little time to accomplish anything else. It’s a real slog.

I played it and I really didn't care for how my time was wasted.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Weedle posted:

I gave up on it after a while so I didn’t see the whole game, but I suspect that there isn’t actually much to the career mode and they tried to hide that fact by padding it out with a bunch of bullshit busywork.

I went down the heroic path, beat the russian to avenge my friend's death (after training in Russia) and assembled some of the power armor for the secret base optional area where you were fighting master chiefs but uh, it was just taking so long. At least I beat all the teenage mutant crocodiles and avenged my cat's death against that scientist and his death ray. I did eventually find out what happened to my twin brother but I didn't get to the bit with the time travel.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mega64 posted:

I’m impressed they fit all those cliches into just one game.

I forgot about fight club being in the game but there were multiple routes and I'm certain there was a lot more cliches to be uncovered.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I was wondering why they went with the dark wraith outfit, then I realized.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah seriously what the gently caress. The male characters and females with no cleavage have it zoomed on their face first, but the other women have like 3 seconds of LOOK, BOOBS! instead.

Why are people like this.

Showing the stages made me think they were going to show something of the gameplay but alas. I definitely would like to try a tactical rpg in this setting though.

raditts posted:

wait, did Thermidor rebrand or is this some other anime tactical RPG set in the French Revolution?
Who is asking for these to be made?

:kiddo:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mega64 posted:

“But madam, there’s no major Switch games coming out in the next three months!”

“Then let them play tits.”

I can only pray someone makes that anime girl version of the American Civil war game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Also here's a gameplay preview of tinyBuild's Switch-exclusive Garage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ondYLJKx6tw

It's like a psychedelic Hotline Miami with zombies and robots? Releases in a few weeks.

Dang, that does look good though!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

BisterdDave posted:

Hey there fellow Vita grip goon!

I picked up Skyrim yesterday because I felt like playing it for a 4th time, and I absolutely love it in portable mode. Even when sitting in front of my tv, I'll play undocked just because of how cool it is!

Maybe if it had mod support, I loved skyrim after getting a monk mod where button combos cast spells/used abilities. Made unarmed so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sudden Javelin posted:

I've also just started DQ builders and am enjoying it. Never played a single second of Minecraft but just knowing how I am I know the lack of objectives would have turned me off. This however!

Yeah I love me some DQ builders, I hope the sequel is out next year.

• Locked thread