Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zoran posted:

I thought we banned Amiibo thieves

Unfortunately they just keep swiping stolen amiibos that get them out of jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just don't see how the 3DS could survive. You can spend 200 dollars for this one handheld, or spend 300 on this other handheld that plays big boy games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Shakedown hawaii looks pretty cool.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

before fbi closes thread, can someone post the splatoon test fire schedule

We need to find these leakers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Haven't there been other amiibones with pointy bits?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My SSB Link has several pointy bits that would be dangerous for a child. Why can't they just put a minimum age on the box like Lego?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

Ugh you're the knex of posters.

Dang, ripperoni.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

That's not how voice technology works these days.

Honest question: Has anyone complaining about how lovely the phone app is actually used it for voice chat during a game? It certainly doesn't feel like it.

If you seriously think Nintendo put in noise cancellation or voice activation in an app that only works when the screen is on

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Will it have online? I want to play that game but I don't have real friends.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

When will amazon get more switches :(

The Switch was a limited run product. You can attempt to get a new one when the Switch Classic comes out in 2022.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can't wait until Nintendo releases a console and the classic version of it at the same time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

https://youtu.be/aJ7zR-M7ICw

GOT loving Y

Get your poo poo together Nintendo and release GOTY right the gently caress now!

Are you joking? I don't understand why you're so excited for a by the numbers golf game that looks like it takes all the golf out. Push a button and get a hole in one? That looks terrible.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

I thought you didn't need to use Big Picture for Steam in-home streaming, unless that's the only option for the Steamlink then yikes.

I don't know if there's a way to bypass it, but when you connect with steam link, you just exit big picture and it gives you your desktop. I use it for watching Amazon prime because it's artifacty bullshit on my Xbox.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does anyone still hold a candle for Bomberman R?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Dr. Tim Whatley correct when?

That was canceled.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Bad Rats when?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Forer posted:

So I got mine coming to me in the mail (eventually) and one thing I wanted to know was "How mandatory is a screen protector"

Like I heard about a big hooplah a while back and I wanted to know if that was accurate or it was bunk or what, I hate screen protectors and they're always a hassle and a half to get on.

The dock scratches some people got were either them palm slamming the switch in crooked or because their dock was warped. If both sides of your dock are parallel, it is fine. If not, get Nintendo to swap it out. The other dock "scratches" are because there are rubber bits in the bottom of the dock that grab onto the Switch. These scratches are actually smudges from the rubber rubbing off onto the plastic screen. These smudges come off with a cloth and some elbow grease. Just get a screen protector anyway. It makes the switch screen shiny and not look like poo poo plastic. Also, like someone said, the plastic screen won't shatter, but it could get a dent. The glass screen protector will prevent the dents by shattering and absorbing the energy of whatever your switch falls on. Then you just replace the screen protector.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

techknight posted:

I panicked and bought Qbics Paint off the eShop because I saw the screenshots and thought is was a Picross 3D type game.

Don't make the same mistake as me. :(

What even is it? I saw it and thought the same as you, Picross 3D clone. But it looks like you just carve voxel things out of a big cube and then paint them? This is why digital returns need to be a thing. You can't just sell someone something and then say "lol suck poo poo" when it turns out to be really bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

techknight posted:

Yeah, you just like.. randomly tap at spots on the screen and hope that you break away the unneeded bricks. When you accidentally tap the model hidden inside your life/score meter drains. Once that's done you have to uncomfortably paint the cubes. Not to your own specs, but in exactly the pattern shown. It's really unfun.

You should call up Nintendo and complain.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I think you're only allowed a certain amount of batteries or a certain amount of milliamp hours or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I turned a few ghost tricks in my time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Don't give Mario rabies

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Phantasium posted:

Hold Home until the controller vibrates.

I'm sure people will chime in with "all I have to do is press the button and my switch turns on," but holding is the answer. If you hold the home button on the pro controller until it vibrates (preferably within line of sight of the dock), the Switch will turn on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Youtube when?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did that retro city whatever come out? Is it good?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Beastie posted:

I'm at work so I can't vouch for if it is out or not. However, this is not the Hawaii one, that comes out by Christmas.

This is a port of the pc and 3ds game. It's a bit obnoxious but there are tons of classic game references. Missions that play exactly like the opening scene of Metal Gear, jokes about GTA, nods to Double Dragon etc.

It's pretty fun but sometimes I was like "geezus give it a rest, game."

Oh, I guess Shakedown Hawaii was the one I was interested in. Maybe I'll check out the first one on steam and return it if I don't like it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm glad I got "one of the good ones" in regards to the pro controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
WTF is Ironcast? The description says it's a turn-based strategy meets explosive mech combat, but the screenshots say match-four game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

WTF? They release a WiiU tablet 7 months after the WiiU came out and they want to claim they own the deisgn of the reconfigured Switch?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not guaranteed the dpad will be bad. My dpad is just fine. I love the pro controller because the joycons in the grip are pretty lame.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a lot of giant women in Zelda

About four of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Tekopo posted:

Brought my switch to a barbecue at a friend's home, and we played loads of Overcooked: the game is perfect for the switch, I feel.

Just make sure you don't complain about the framerate or you'll be exposed as a raper and get fired.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like that these My Nintendo points that I got when I bought my switch and signed up for an account are rapidly expiring because there is literally nothing a switch owner can redeem on their dumb rewards website.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

"GameMill™ - We just churn it out!"

Please don't buy games from game mills, they always have issues later in life. Get your games from a responsible developer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

Why can't I buy a switch on Amazon

Because they know what you've done.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just release the Zelda HD remaster whatevers already. The fact that I can't play every zelda game on the Switch confuses and enrages me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Their first mistake was starting out with a working product.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I never really got the point of sonic. I watched the giant bomb quicklook and the levels are just so busy. I played whatever sonic was on the game gear 20 years ago and never got very far because I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing. At least in Mario, the point is to go to the right and get to the castle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess, if anything, sonic gave us Ullillillia calculating the terminal velocity of sonic by somehow counting frames in his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

At 7 I was not confused or overwhelmed by sonic so you're either a pathetic adult or possibly 6?

I was a small child when I played it, and then never played it again, so i guess I'm just going off old memories of it.

• Locked thread