Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always think in the long term and get games physically as often as I can, because someday the Switch servers will be shut down.

But on that note, if it's primarily an online multiplayer game, then I'll get it digitally since there's no point in having a disc or cart after the servers get shut down. So I'm opting for digital Splatoon 2 even though I could have got it cheaper on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't know much about the technical aspect, but I don't understand why Fractured But Whole isn't coming out on Switch. I played through Stick of Truth and it didn't seem technically demanding and But Whole doesn't seem like a big step up. Playing that portably would be rad.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Someone should really make a team based shooter with a simpler, cartoony art style that makes it easy to port to whatever, even if your laptop is from 2007. Hmm...

:thunk:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always forget it until I'm actually playing one, but Kirby is the best Nintendo franchise.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When they do put Melee on Switch, I hope they take out wavedashing and whatever else to piss off the Melee community.

I bought Minecraft on Switch and it's awesome. I was thinking of resetting to get a better seed but then I stumbled upon a village real close to my spawn point.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone figure out how to play Minecraft locally without split screen?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah. We figured it out. Though Minecraft on a car ride is a recipe for carsickness.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm looking forward to Strange Johnny Depp.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Now that Splatoon 2 is out any everyone is well over it...

Stardew... When?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doom 2016 on Switch when????

I know this is a joke post and I laughed because Doom made my PS4 overheat. Didn't help that it was a launch model with two scoops of dust inside...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope they add in Ice Climbers and let Olimar have more than three Pikmin. Olimar went from being one of my favorites to rarely ever used between games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I will move on to continue asking about Ikaruga, I guess.

If this ever comes out I hope it comes with a vertical stand.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Housh posted:

I'm going to dress up as Stardew Valley for Switch this Halloween.

Not every one who posts here is from a country that celebrates with that holiday. Halloween when?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I just want the Disney Afternoon collection. My kid loves Scrooge and yesterday saw a boss rush of Darkwing Duck and really likes it.

Between this and Mega Man collection, it's like Capcom is begging me to buy a raspberry pi.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Are they? they are begging you to commit a crime? I doubt it.

A Capcom executive put a gun to my head and threatened to shoot until I downloaded all their NES games from CoolRoms.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

i mean that problems easily solved by just not using the dock.

That's stupid.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 4k settings. It's not possible for Switch to get those. But otherwise, it will be unified with the Win 10, Xbox One, and Mobile versions of Minecraft soon. It's even gonna have Realms access.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

.TakaM posted:

Apparently the Switch version will be receiving the "Super Duper Graphics Pack"

Rendering lead Cameron Egbert: "It will be anywhere that you can play Minecraft in the new version. It will improve any screen on which you play"

Oh rad.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Nintendo Switch will have a Sonic platformer before it has a Mario platformer.

Sega's long strategy has finally come to fruition

*Miyamoto sheepishly wipes off his flop sweat.*

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Actually, as history has shown, Nintendo platforms that have a Sonic game before a Mario game end up amazing. See: GameCube.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I tried having it so there was no motion controls when playing handheld, bit it was so weird I turned them back on.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really hope Sonic Mania is a midnight release. It'll kill me if the eShop dates in the middle of the day since Switch won't connect to my work's wifi.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

azurite posted:

I was just gifted a Switch and it's been sitting for a week because I either have the equivalent game on Wii U, PC, or the game came out 4 years ago and is dirt cheap elsewhere.

What the heck do I get, guys? I'm about to trade in my Wii U copy of BoTW for a Switch one, because I really don't have many other ideas. I might get Shovel Night as well, despite having a 3DS copy.

Based on your avatar, you should get Sonic Mania on Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Splatoon 2 realtalk. The music that plays during the last thirty seconds of a round. Does it sound like they're singing "McDonald's McDonald's McDonald's McDonald's Dot Coooooom" to anyone else?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Has anyone tried connecting their Switch to Starbucks wifi? Mine won't connect to my work wifi so I'm hoping I can stop by Starbucks next month to download Sonic Mania while on lunch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I did the day it came out, I downloaded fast racing neo in Starbucks.

Excellent. Let's hope Sonic Mania is a midnight so I don't have to waste part of my lunch hour downloading and not playing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope DQB2 doesn't make you start from square one after each chapter again. That was always annoying. Just let me find the next town for the chapter.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What were those swan tablet holder things? I wanna get one for my cube desk.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

lol I guess this is how you can tell who knows what Severed is and who doesn't

Gotta give people leeway as this is the first time it's coming out on a gaming platform people actually own.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Lots of people own Androids and iPhones

Ehhem, I said *gaming* platform.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

It's also on 3DS!

You got me there. I didn't know it was on 3DS.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I live in Texas so if I tried this during the summer my Switch might melt into my hands.

Arizona and :same:

Not to mention glare making it impossible to see anything. Bring on those beautiful long winter nights!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/brawloutgame/status/894935473885519872

The Smash Bros clone from the folks behind Smash Bros Melee mod Project M will also appear on the Switch "late 2017". Hooray?

"I wish Hyper Light Drifter was on Switch!"

*Finger on monkey's paw curls*

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Artix posted:

Last of Us and Persona 5 are also on PS3, and I certainly don't count PC + PS4 games as PS4 exclusives any more than a Switch and PC game is a Switch exclusive.

Persona 5 is on PS3, sure, but c'mon. Nobody counts the PS3 version.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

lelandjs posted:

The real question for me is if the titles are going to keep coming or not. It's great that they've frontloaded the console, but what major Nintendo properties haven't been announced yet? All I can think of is Paper Mario and Mario Golf.

Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Mother 3

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Oh boy, I can't wait to play this game that is already available since 2010 for every other platform under the sun

What happened to Super Meat Boy: Forever?

I don't understand this meme of a game not being suitable for being on a console because it was on other consoles.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tomahawk posted:

I like Nintendo Switch I think that maybe there should be more games I can play on it

Good news! Sonic Mania is out Tuesday!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope Platinum doesn't release Bayonetta 1+2 on Switch.

I hope they release Bayonetta Trilogy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

How much is Sonic gonna be? $30 or $40?

:20bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Holy poo poo, someone else who agrees with me about this. I love the design and look of Sonic games, and when you're speeding through a level they can even be fun, but as soon as I hit one hazard or enemy I'm instantly reminded why I don't like the franchise.

So don't hit enemies or hazards.

• Locked thread