Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Guys once I unlocked Azazel in BoI I can't bring myself to play any other character is this a Bad Thing or a Good Thing?

I suck with Azazel for some reason. I've finished Sheol with almost every other character but I keep dying before Mom with Azazel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm going physical since they're all much cheaper. I've bought Arms and now Splatoon 2 before release for only $48 each.

I went mostly digital only on Wii U and regret it since now I can't sell the games that got better versions on Switch like MK8 and Pokken.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

angel opportunity posted:

I'm hopefully going to have time to try the demo this weekend, but can someone explain to me why Splatoon 2 is so good? I've watched videos of the first one and it feels like an inordinate amount of time per match is spent just spamming paint onto the walls. I'm wanting to like the game and hoping it will just kind of click for me when I play it, but does it really have a lot of longevity as a multiplayer game where you can get really good at it or doing ranked mode etc?

I think the ranked modes will click more with you. Give them a look.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Do you think ARMS has longevity as a multiplayer game? I'm trying to determine what games I even want to get on this thing other than Splatoon 2 in the near future and the competitive aspects of it really interest me, but it feels a bit bare bones in regards to wanting to keep playing long after release. Otherwise I guess I'll pick up Mario Kart or Puyo Puyo Tetris because I know for certain those games can hold up in the long run.

They're adding new content for it via free patches. Maybe wait? The core gameplay is very fun online.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i wonder what the splattim 2 cartridge will taste like

It should taste like gak for true 90s kid authenticity.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bandaid.friend posted:

Looks like the only useful purpose is discounts on wii U and 3DS games. There's a 'coming soon' section for the switch in the my nintendo page so I guess there'll be discounts for digital switch games too

The first Switch reward is going to be exclusive clothes for Splatoon 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

With switching out carts, for me it's less about laziness and more the fear that every time I open the cartridge slot I'm going to snap that cover off

You won't, dude.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Invalid Validation posted:

Considering how much you could get for a used Wii U and games when the switch came out I wanna give physical a go and see if I can get the next console paid for with my old one. Digital is real good though.

Probably a good amount. Nintendo stuff always resells for a lot. You can game pretty cheap if you're smart about things.:yoshi:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Boosh! posted:

Anyone playing Cave Story? Where did all the life capsules go? I'm stuck on 3hp
Midway though and I'm basically getting one-shot by anything.

Are you playing on hard? I think it removes most of them.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

They don't have two competing handhelds though. They have one handheld and one console with a battery backup.

That's why I totally can imagine a portable only "Switch" with a smaller screen and better battery life being a thing when the 3DS finally dies. Who knows though with Nintendo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wouldn't say a crazy amount but mine does get warm after playing for more than an hour or so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll probably go digital more when Amazon starts selling digital codes for the same prices. It's so silly and doesn't make sense that Splatoon 2 could be $48 physically but $60 digitally.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

E-Money posted:

Is there a secret to playing zelda in handheld mode comfortably? I was really excited about playing handheld but am really struggling with the joycons. Especially on the right side. Everything feels out of place and i have to do a claw grip to get everything to work. Already switched jump/sprint controls. Maybe my baby sensitive hands are just spoiled by PS4/Xbone/Pro controllers but it's been really uncomfortable. I think it would be fine for other games but it just feels like an awkward stretch.

I think you just need to adjust. I'm so used to the joycons that now regular sized controllers feel really weird to me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nintendo wifi just doesn't play nice with certain routers it seems. Consider an ethernet dongle if you're having issues.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I think MK8D has worse netcode than MK8 somehow. I have had more disconnections the first day of MK8D than I did the whole time of playing MK8.

It's definitely better after the patches. I don't have any issues with disconnects now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd rather have Smash 4 Deluxe with a bunch more stuff added than a Melee HD. I can't go back to a game that doesn't have King Dedede and Bayonetta.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

tap my mountain posted:

Just give me smash on switch I don't care which

Thankfully, my wish is most likely.:smug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calaveron posted:

With Snake

Do this with Ice Climbers and Inklings and I'd never need another Smash.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Is it a matter of understanding, or interpretation? Was I incorrect in my assessment that they seek out specific hardware because it is in some way advantageous? Why seek out the rare hardware otherwise?

I mean, I've not really got a dog in this fight, I've never even played Smash. It just irks me when communities fly up their own rear end in defense of an exploit under the cover of "It's not technically an advantage because reasons".

It's probably a good idea to not get irked about games, especially ones you don't even play.

I like Smash 4 the most but I do find it interesting how the Melee community is still breaking that game apart to find new tactics and strategies. It looks absolutely un-fun to me but it's still neat.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Artix posted:

The image they're using for the box art is fan art, so I would be incredibly skeptical of that listing. I would not be surprised by FE Fates: Complete Edition but I doubt that's it.

Anyone can't just add an Amazon listing though right? Maybe someone there got the listing and just threw up whatever they saw on Google image search?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That looks uncomfortable without the grip.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Shakedown Hawaii looks much more polished than RCR, so I have high hopes.

The property stuff has me more interested. I hope it also has something like the drug dealing mini game from Chinatown Wars.

I like how RCR literally referenced every notable NES game in some way, it would be cool if this did it for SNES.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Scaffolding is up in square plaza.:3:

It's almost time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dizz posted:

Will splatfest data migrate to your real save when it's out or is it just a demo thing only?

We don't know. Probably not but that would be cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It definitely shouldn't be taking that long. Maybe restart your router? Did you update the system first?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The joycons in the grip feel great to me but I'll buy a Pro eventually just for the dpad and to use with my PC.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's live and you can join friends if they picked the same side.:)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

How do you draw those banners?
I'm not seeing any option.

Go to the red Japanese style post box in the square.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chernabog posted:

I'm still debating whether to get spla2n or not. While I enjoyed arms it didn't last too long and now I just barely play a match here and there and I'm worried splat2n might be the same.

Splatoon will have a poo poo ton of more content than Arms. I'll get a ton of playtime out of the new horde mode alone.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Improbable Lobster posted:

MK9 and X as well as SFV's story modes were pretty well received.

Was SFV's? I thought it was awful. NetherRealm has the only good ones but I don't like the gameplay in those unfortunately. Are fighting game story modes really a huge draw for people? Most are 2-3 hours at best and there's zero replay value.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love Arms but I'd maybe wait another month or two to see where it's going with the free patches if you're on the fence about it. The first major one is a step in the right direction.

As always with fighting games though, I would not bother at all if you aren't going to play multiplayer a bunch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zaphod42 posted:

It is a real serious issue :negative:

It even makes more sense to have jump as that button but BOTW has apparently broken my brain

That's why you should have mapped jump to b in that. I don't know why that isn't the default, it felt much more difficult to dodge in combat with x.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

veni veni veni posted:

I saw my first switch out in the wild today and didn't buy it. Did I gently caress up big or make a great decision goons?

You hosed up. It's a good console.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm gonna buy Splatoon 2 physically so I can sell it when 3 comes out. I'll never play 1 again and it's stuck on my Wii U hard drive and worthless.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Deltron 3030 posted:

Needs more Splatoon 2 hype...

:siren: It's gonna be so great, wooooooooo!!!!! :siren:

Anyone know if it will be available for download midnight ET on the 21st so I can ruin my Thursday night's sleep?

Most likely. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Arms went up at midnight EST their day of release.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still want to play X since the way it looks reminds me of Phantasy Star Online.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I really hope xenoblade 2 is actually good, because right now it looks v. boring

I was actually disappointed to hear that it's out this year. It looks like it needs much more time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

So I turned on the old Wii U to play some splatoon 1 while I still can and I'm getting a system update. I had played just a few days ago so this is new

Whoa

It's just to block homebrew. I'm surprised they even bothered at this point.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

s.i.r.e. posted:

I.... have no good reason I can think of. I wonder why they didn't bother.

Probably to distance themselves further from the Wii and Wii U experiences.

I hope the eventual themes will at least support music like on 3DS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Policenaut posted:

There's a ton of F2P games on consoles now. I just checked the PSN store website and PS4's F2P option has 50 different games.

There's been a few on Nintendo consoles too. Those 3 Pokémon games on 3DS come to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GreenNight posted:

Wired though

It also doesn't have motion, NFC or rumble.

• Locked thread