Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I know a lot of people hated it but I loved Sheamus when he was Irish John Cena on Smackdown in 2011. Like, everything involving Sheamus, Mark Henry, Orton and Christian that year was dope as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Hopefully he doesn't fall down the Gran Metalik hole

The fresh face is plugging the hole so Gran can never escape.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

seriously I cant even remember the last time I saw pyro outside of Wrestlemania

They use it to open the weekly shows sometimes

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Another reason the 90s wrestling scene was the best everything was pyro.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Cubone posted:

They use it to open the weekly shows sometimes

doesn't count

did Goldberg have pyro?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They used pyro weekly to open RAW even while it looked like the company was on its deathbed during the Monday Night Wars

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Croc posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point whats even the point? Just watch people recite awful lines?

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/884921601715826689

Oh i see...

This company is loving pathetic.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 12, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Didn't they cut the costs to shuttle the crew from town to town on a bus, so they made them all start paying for their transportation?

You'd think that they would cut Pyro before that...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I felt Kane's pyro relatively close up and holy poo poo it's hot.
Did you not believe JR when he said it felt like he was sitting in the pits of hell during an inferno match?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Efexeye posted:

edit: they are cutting all the stuff that has gotten me to watch wrestling for the last 30 years. where's the spectacle? i turned on lucha underground for ten minutes the other day and saw more character development, storylines and world building than I have in the past 10 years in the WWE
i havent watched any lucha underground yet (its in my netflix queue though) but i agree. there are better places for in-ring quality but wwe is supposed to be the dominant force in over-the-top spectacle, and they're killing that bit by bit

and i like pyro, at the very least every champion should have pyro!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Astro7x posted:

Didn't they cut the costs to shuttle the crew from town to town on a bus, so they made them all start paying for their transportation?

You'd think that they would cut Pyro before that...

if they don't like getting their own rental car, those expendable peons can just go work for another wrestling company

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

im going to become a wwe writer and at every single meeting i will say "We should bring back gangrel's entrance" and nothing else

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Did you not believe JR when he said it felt like he was sitting in the pits of hell during an inferno match?

I mean I did but also JR isn't actually known for understating things (bless him).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he strongly understated those tweets pretending to be preparing for new japan professional wrestling. gently caress you jr...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
You can't cut back on (pyro) funding! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thats actually overstating. ive made a "very big mistake" as the tv show character says.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The Croc posted:

And everyone arriving in limos.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

how is there no Fire Pro thread in PSP? i volunteer to be commish for the PSP league http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

And everyone arriving in limos.

Did they use the same limo or multiple limos

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Minidust posted:

that Kiss Me Arse match was cursed I tells ya

Only in the sense that every Sheamus match ISN'T a Kiss Me Arse match.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Efexeye posted:

how is there no Fire Pro thread in PSP? i volunteer to be commish for the PSP league http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

It's the psp games thread.

Honestly, fpw didn't really do it for me. First time doing a steam refund. At least that process was easy enough.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's a couple entrances like AJ and Brock that feel so much lamer without pyro.

Like, Brock does his double fist pump thing on the ramp and no pyro goes off and.....well that was lame.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Imagine batistas machine gunning without the pyro

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oldpainless posted:

ok hang on

It's still pretty good!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/8...o-deal-table%2F

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Midnightghoul posted:

Did they use the same limo or multiple limos

Just two, the one the Vince blew up in and the one that's blood brothers with Goldberg

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Oh i see...

Triple H is thirsty as gently caress.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

oldpainless posted:

When they used to have it in the games, I'd edit Batista's entrance just enough so his pyro would be mistimed. I wanted it to be realistic man.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Goldust loving rules. His spine buster (aka the DUST BUSTER) is the best in the business (second best of all time after arn), the curtain call is awesome, and shattered dreams is the greatest finisher ever (looks devastating in kayfabe, looks devastating IRL, and just in case that's not enough it's an illegal move which makes it more bad rear end)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8r3E1en-8E

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/BaronCorbinWWE/status/885003067510358016

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God Baron Corbin is the best heel.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

DoctorGonzo posted:

Oh i see...

I'd love McGregor to say oval office live on Raw

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Efexeye posted:

whatever it is im in. i bought it on monday and have been loving around with it since.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ive never played a fire pro, how much can you cheat? if i cant be a piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat heel, theres no point. i wanna poke eyes and kick balls and use brass knucks and have arn anderson interfere

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
You can stab people with forks and win via the old Eddie spot of throwing a chair into your opponents hands and winning via dq

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

dromal phrenia posted:

ive never played a fire pro, how much can you cheat? if i cant be a piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat heel, theres no point. i wanna poke eyes and kick balls and use brass knucks and have arn anderson interfere

you can def cheat and i just found a fun little mechanic for knocking down the ref for an extended period for said cheating.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Much like his fellow Canadian, Tyler Breeze wore a bra during the murders rangers.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tyler dressed up as Scully is gonna be magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Going to next week's RAW and we're looking to make some signs. Who all do yall think is going to be there. I'm pretty certain about Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, The Miz, Dean Ambrose, Alexa Bliss, and maybe Bayley, but I haven't been keeping very good track of where stories are developing and I don't really know a good resource for guessing a card before it happens other than you guys.

• Locked thread