Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Gonzo McFee posted:

So Jinder has been champion for a few months now. Is there any sign of improving business in India?

The facebook likes are through the roof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hosed up if true

https://twitter.com/pwstream/status/885108420797497345

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Losing pyro does not seem like a big deal (other than Kane). It really does not add anything to the entrance (other than Kane). Now that I think if it, my favorite entrances do not have pyro (other than Kane).

I think there should be a Kane exemption to this rule.

When do tv contract negotiations begin?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

They've already been doing this since after Mania. I'm a pyro mark and this makes me sad to see that it's official. Bring back unique PPV sets then goddammit :argh:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I was pretty disappointed that a show called Great Balls of Fire didn't include said great balls of fire at the beginning.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Losing pyro does not seem like a big deal (other than Kane). It really does not add anything to the entrance (other than Kane). Now that I think if it, my favorite entrances do not have pyro (other than Kane).

I think there should be a Kane exemption to this rule.

When do tv contract negotiations begin?

Edge and Goldberg disagree.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I have two questions.

1. Are Sheasaro legit doing the fusion dance on purpose? I swear I heard them yell "FUS-" during an entrance while doing the finger point before the camera cut away.

2. Will Dean and Seth learn the true meaning of friendship? Possible from Bray Wyatt or the Miztourage?

Edit: actually one more. It feels like I've seen Big Show a lot this year, feuding with Braun then Cass. How active is he these days and could he go for another title run? He'd make a great tag team champ with Big Cass if the current breakup gets fixed and Enzo finally admits he can't wrestle, going in to the manager role like a tiny italian Titus.

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 12, 2017

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

I have two questions.

1. Are Sheasaro legit doing the fusion dance on purpose? I swear I heard them yell "FUS-" during an entrance while doing the finger point before the camera cut away.

2. Will Dean and Seth learn the true meaning of friendship? Possible from Bray Wyatt or the Miztourage?

Edit: actually one more. It feels like I've seen Big Show a lot this year, feuding with Braun then Cass. How active is he these days and could he go for another title run? He'd make a great tag team champ with Big Cass if the current breakup gets fixed and Enzo finally admits he can't wrestle, going in to the manager role like a tiny italian Titus.

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/885113953696849921

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That's The New Day's gimmck! :mad:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
They did it several times at MSG. It was beautiful.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I immediately thought of the nWo (or maybe the clique overall?) when I saw them doing that, not dbz

im glad sheamus and cesaro can't actually fuse, the result would kill people every match

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

http://www.sosofficial.com/gallery6.shtml

To be fair we've known Sheamus is a huge nerd for years.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

projecthalaxy posted:

http://www.sosofficial.com/gallery6.shtml

To be fair we've known Sheamus is a huge nerd for years.

You used his official site as a source and not his myth?

http://www.sosofficial.com/sosmyth.shtml

Seriously.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

hello it's me fella, digital sheamus

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The gradual swap of Dolph/Sheamus owning/being the worst over the last two years sure is something.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Pyro $36,000,000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my employees are dying

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The gradual swap of Dolph/Sheamus owning/being the worst over the last two years sure is something.

Actually, Sheamus Was Always Good

Accident Underwater posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Pyro $36,000,000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my employees are dying

spend less on pyro

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Pyro $36,000,000
Utility $150

spend less on pyro

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Pyro $36,000,000
Utility $150

$200 for food? Sounds like someone is too good for beans and cup noodles and rice.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We dont have distintive sets anymore, the ppvs are stretched raws and smackdowns, we dont have pyro anymore but goddamit hhh is going to sign everyone !!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

We dont have distintive sets anymore, the ppvs are stretched raws and smackdowns, we dont have pyro anymore but goddamit hhh is going to sign everyone !!!!

Yeah but also they only cost like $5 each instead of $30.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

too bad on the pyro, one of the most fun parts of a live show is people who haven't been to one jumping when they realize how loving loud it actually is

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I went to a Smackdown a few months ago, and they started a Kane match immediately after a commercial break.

So everyone's either looking at their phones or watching whatever video package or ad they were running while the TV was in commercials and then just BOOM.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

feeling the heat from taker's pyro at the opposite end of the arena was also awesome

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

I went to a Smackdown a few months ago, and they started a Kane match immediately after a commercial break.

So everyone's either looking at their phones or watching whatever video package or ad they were running while the TV was in commercials and then just BOOM.

They used to do this all the time and it ruled

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

IcePhoenix posted:

spend less on pyro

No

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Efexeye posted:

feeling the heat from taker's pyro at the opposite end of the arena was also awesome

I felt Kane's pyro relatively close up and holy poo poo it's hot.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I felt Kane's pyro relatively close up and holy poo poo it's hot.

It's fire!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i mean...i was doing a little research and one of the airbursts like they'd do for Batista is like $10

cutting pyro can't save more than a few thousand dollars per show

edit: they are cutting all the stuff that has gotten me to watch wrestling for the last 30 years. where's the spectacle? i turned on lucha underground for ten minutes the other day and saw more character development, storylines and world building than I have in the past 10 years in the WWE

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Show's is loudest.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
5 years ago wants their pyro story back.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rovert posted:

5 years ago wants their pyro story back.

seriously I cant even remember the last time I saw pyro outside of Wrestlemania

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I remember when they cut almost all the pyro but Kofi inexplicably still had pyro in his entrance.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The dumbest thing about 205 is that the obvious solution to getting crowds more into it is letting them have exciting cruiserweight matches that are different from the rest of the WWE.

Yeah but the goal of having most of the cruiserweight talents is so other promotions can't have them as opposed to actually wanting to get them over.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

haven't the hardys been getting pyro?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The only pyro they need is the big frame that spells out SID in big burning letters. For everyone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Efexeye posted:

edit: they are cutting all the stuff that has gotten me to watch wrestling for the last 30 years. where's the spectacle? i turned on lucha underground for ten minutes the other day and saw more character development, storylines and world building than I have in the past 10 years in the WWE

There's more character development in someone making 2 posts (one saying someone was good, and then another saying they changed their mind and said someone is bad) than there's been in the last 5 years of WWE

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Ragnarok the Red posted:

that Kiss Me Arse match was cursed I tells ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

The only pyro they need is the big frame that spells out SID in big burning letters. For everyone.

Do this except now it's EAT BALLS and I think we've got an idea that could make some money.

• Locked thread