Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress are they doing with Dean and Seth? Dean and Seth vs. Miztourage two on three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

This would cause so many problems considering HHH/Steph's corporate positions but returning to a 17 year old storyline would be so loving hilarious I have to support this idea

Aren't the Hardys the only tag team on RAW right now? could be looking to give them something to do and plug that gap

I would legit be cool with that as long as they had an amicable split afterwards. I don't want Heel Dean v. Face Seth at ALL but the opposite would just be a rehash, albeit rehash of one of my favorite feuds ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Little Angles :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

petition to stop chanting "you suck" and replace it with "cool dad"

Cosign.

Also I'm thinking Braun causes a gently caress finish and it's a triple threat which will be hype as fuuuuuuuck.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Kurt Angle 24 is a must watch to anyone who didn't stay up for it.

Yeah for real it was loving great.

Guess Alvarez was right when he said the Hardys were close to reaching an agreement on the Broken gimmick, btw.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will say this, the Joe/Reigns/Brock segment was awesome as hell because the crowd was basically reacting like it was a rap battle or something.

Also they'd better do a Joe/Lesnar/Braun/Roman Fatal Four Way at Summerslam. I wasn't kidding, that'd be the most Kaiju-tastic match in wrestling history.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

I think Network content will be deeply deeply slashed because that division isn't exactly profitable last I read.

NXT is pretty much safe because it's not NXT's job to make money, but a lot of other stuff, including 205 Live, would get cut.

It's mildly profitable in strong quarters and for the MOST part the numbers have pretty steadily risen, at least in terms of the sub ceiling getting higher year after year, but they're a substantial way (about 100k-ish according to a financial analyst from Citi) from making up for the PPV gap, but that doesn't factor in the initial startup costs either. Still, I'd characterize it as consistently break even to slightly profitable with decent upward prospects in a vacuum. It's certainly not losing a ton quarter on quarter anymore though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Efexeye posted:

feeling the heat from taker's pyro at the opposite end of the arena was also awesome

I felt Kane's pyro relatively close up and holy poo poo it's hot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Show's is loudest.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Did you not believe JR when he said it felt like he was sitting in the pits of hell during an inferno match?

I mean I did but also JR isn't actually known for understating things (bless him).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

WWE has canceled Talking Smack as a weekly series, multiple sources have confirmed with PWInsider.com.

This past Tuesday's episode was its final episode on the WWE Network.

The series featured a lot of great character and promo work from different Smackdown roster performers including Kevin Owens and Alexa Bliss as well as Daniel Bryan and Renee Young doing a great job hosting.

The current plan, we are told, is to use Talking Smack exclusively as a post-PPV broadcast.

FUUUUCK.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dromal phrenia posted:

There's NJPW on AXS tv, which you might not get (I was surprised that I do). Apparently you're better off just getting NJPW world.

But I just looked it up, and apparently there isnt a PS3 app, which sucks

There's no anything app. It's pretty lame actually.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

OK, so, is DoctorGonzo a re-reg of Axissilian or DominatedOhSix?

I remember them both being occasionally funny.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Please respect SamuraiFoochs

Nice.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Battleground is traditionally a poo poo PPV so I'm not surprised it's not selling well.

Who could forget such classics as the poo poo no contest Bryan/Orton in '13 or the not-memorable-in-any-way 4 way between Cena, KANE, Reigns, and Orton in '14.

Battleground was good as gently caress last year though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Upon further consideration I have come to the conclusion that while I am disappointed by the (more or less) cancellation of Talking Smack, I still really enjoy WWE and the Network is a good as heck value. I don't feel great giving WWE money but that's like 95% of companies so that's kinda a wash for me personally.

I realize that's an immensely hot take on my part but that's my story and I''m sticking to it personally.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

reignofevil posted:

I'll just continue to not give wwe money for the both of us.

Thank you for your service. For my part, I will try to be a light in the darkness for those still watching WWE. :patriot:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

it's in poor taste to keep bringing up the time max landis' father brutally murdered multiple children and an adult man for no reason other than his son probably kept flailing around like a dumb rear end very excitedly telling him reasons why he should do it, until convinced.

probably The best part of WWE battleground is that my friend who loves the things i talk about, and I'll call him S.Foochs, will get to see jinder lose the belt. You heard it here first.

Y'know I sincerely can't tell if your appreciation of me is part of the gimmick or what but either way I appreciate you friendo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

How do people who take up the free months of the network and then unsubscribe affect the numbers?

Can one subscribe for a month, unsubscribe, and then resubscribe when they again offer free months? If so, how does that affect numbers?

Also do they measure unsubscription numbers? Coz surely that woud be a good metric as to how many customers are continuint to enjoy the product, and how many are so turned off by it that they are literally turning off.

They can and do, but that's why WWE very clearly says [x] number paid subscribers. Last quarter was something like 1.61m paid, the number with free is close to 2m at last count.

With regards to unsubscription numbers, I mean they track quarter to quarter and there's a thing (apparently) to comment why you're unsubbing including with an "Other" field where you can put whatever you want, so presumably they do track it. Whether or not they pay attention to it is another thing. For example I''d wager ROMAN WINS LOL is a pretty common unsub reason, and well...

VJeff posted:

It's a great value but I wonder if it hasn't started backfiring. It's hard not to argue that the way some of these PPVs are booked that they don't feel like there's an undercurrent of "eh, it only cost them 10 bucks and they'll keep the sub no matter what, we don't have to try that hard." Especially this year, especially since Mania.

Not counting Takeover, there's been like. One good PPV since Mania?

Payback and Extreme Rules were both at least okay, and GBoF was good. Smackdown has been pretty dire since the roster shift though, while Raw has gotten much better.

Oh and MITB had the MITB match which was a good as gently caress match in an otherwise dire show.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 16, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

I was pleasantly surprised by the 30 minute Iron Man tag match last week at Eat Balls.

That, the ambulance match, and 90% of the main made the show good. Basically the tag match and the last hour were good, and the IC Title was certainly nothing bad, it was just mediocre.

BTW, looking back, I remember that Backlash was a good show, it just also had Jinder winning the title. Backlash had Shinsuke kneeing Ziggler's face off, a fun match with Corbin losing to Sami, and an AJ/KO barnburner for the US Title.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys I am legitimately excited for Raw. I hope the following things get set up and/or happen:

-Dean/Seth v. Sheasaro
-More Broken Hardy teases
-BRAUN makes Roman/Joe a no contest, setting up a Fatal Four Way at Summerslam
-Dixie showing up for maximum surrealism
-Something for Finn to do. He should take the IC Title since Dean will be ideally teaming up with Seth
-Enzo cuts an awesome promo again only to get murdered because watching Enzo sell is fun
-Actually I'd also take Finn/Bray since Bray won the Seth feud

If we get like three of these I'll call it a win.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

If Dixie Carter showing up on Raw is finally what breaks Matt Hardy, then I suppose that's OK.

Dixie Carter is real bad though. REAL bad.

Yeah I know she is but if you're gonna do Trainwreck poo poo it might as well involve a backstage angle.

As opposed to say your top title, SmackDown.

Also I just rewatched Battleground '16 and it broke my heart because they made Dean SUCH a viable top face superstar and he'll never see that again. I blame Ziggler.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 17, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Agreed, Dean as Smackdown Champion was an absolute train wreck

Hurrrrrrrr. :fuckoff:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Goddamnit people making GBS threads on Ambrose for no loving reason is the yin to the overexposure of Alexa Bliss' yang

My dude. :mad::hf::mad:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

I saw a Twitter video yesterday of Nakamura delivering the Kinshasa to Ziggler at a recent house show, and it looked like Dolph's brain might have been horrifically jostled inside of his skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0Qdi4p71g

Holy poo poo he dead

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Jon Moxley was good but Dean Ambrose was Always Bad™ it's very obvious he was getting carried hard by Reigns in the SHIELD

You're dumb. In the related videos of that Kinshasa murder:

https://youtu.be/ligOw6IXREI

Vince and HHH are... right and good? For those who don't wanna listen neither Vince nor Trips have ever liked Dolph because he's basically a bad HBK cosplayer. The funniest thing is everyone in the comments jerking off about Dolph. Listen they waste a lot of talent. Dolph is NOT one of those people.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

I don't remember a single time post SHIELD where Ambrose hasn't looked like a goober in either his promos or his stale in-ring matches. He's like a New-Era caricature of Cactus Jack in Japan during the early/mid 90's

The entirety of the build and his title reign pre-Ziggler as I've recounted probably a dozen times. Also the Rollins feud when Roman was out. Also the mini-feud with HHH. But whatever, keep fuckin' that chicken. I don't have the energy to argue against this particular brand of stupid bullshit anymore.

Seriously though you are an idiot and are blaming the wrong thing here. Admittedly Ambrose isn't the style of champ WWE wants in terms of media or whatever but that's an issue with WWE, not Dean. It's literally the same thing that happened with Punk.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 17, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let's not forget that like 40% of the podcast was Austin needling Dean about an extremely bad childhood that Dean probably didn't want to talk about and if he did it wouldn't have been PG. The whole thing being supremely awkward was largely Austin's fault. When they got to the end and had Dean cut that impromptu promo it was a lot better because shock of shocks they were discussing something that didn't piss off the interviewee and was also a thing that could easily be PG.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
RealFoxy literally the only people who don't relentlessly poo poo on Ambrose at this point on this forum are me and BCH. Stop playing yourself. You're not giving some new hot take, you're literally in line with 90% of a forum that quite possibly unironically largely believes Jinder Mahal is equal to or better than Dean Ambrose in 2017.

Enjoy that I guess.

Also we're giving you poo poo because you're being a caricature of terrible Internet wrestling fans.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

You're the kind of fan WWE banks on to point fingers at Jinder and call him a terrorist for being brown and speaking a foregin language, that's literally the only reason I can assume you hate Jinder so much when you know drat well he's just as bland and uninspiring as Randy Orton or Dean Ambrose can be.

Hahaha go gently caress yourself.

Seriously, just gently caress off. Both Randy and Dean on their worst day are better than Jinder at his best and either irony has literally folded in on itself or you're honestly accusing me of being a racist in which case you are honestly just an idiot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

Hey I've never and would never say a bad word about Ambrose, how dare you

Well you don't post much! Sorry friendo. I'll add you to the list.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

You need to chill out and stop posting about wrestlemans for a while because you're taking anyone disliking Ambrose so seriously you're deluding yourself into thinking people are attacking you

No, actually it's more like people like you who come off like wrestling hipsters irk me and God forbid I take you backhandedly calling me a racist as a personal attack.

You're right about the first part though. Later for now, folks. Sorry for the not quite derail.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I apologise for making sweeping generalizations with regards to the current general standing of Dean Ambrose on this forum, I suppose the shitposts are just "louder". I amend my statement to "there is an extremely vocal contingent who actively dislike Ambrose and speak as though he is a bad wrestler which is not now nor has it ever been true.". Namaste. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

I really wanted Bryan vs. Okada to happen until I realized we're talking about a dude whose top three moves are

1) A dropkick to the face
2) A tombstone piledriver
3) A lariat to the neck

No one should want Bryan (or Kurt for that matter) to wrestle anywhere ever. :stonk:

EDIT: For "not dying" reasons, to say nothing of the would-be match quality.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

At this point, if he does wrestle, he'll have had three years to heal up and three years to have come up with a new, safer style. If he thinks he can do it and more importantly, if Brie thinks he's okay to do it, I think it's his choice. I don't think he'll do it if Brie doesn't want him to.

::allears:

I can almost guarantee you she doesn't or if she does it's because her husband is loving insane and can't let go (I love Bryan, I do, but the dude is insane and can't let go) and thinks his depression and frustration about not being able to wrestle edges out the "by all means get dropped on your concussion-addled, seizure giving brain some more" risk factor.

I'm not saying Bryan doesn't have the agency to wrestle. I'm saying he's dumb as gently caress for doing it and I have mixed feelings at best about wanting to see it. Same with Kurt if that is actually happening. Also if they do clear Kurt Bryan has every reason to be pissed, by the way.

• Locked thread