Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eli Wiggum posted:

What's with Paul Heyman's casual racism towards Samoans

He's very close to the family so I imagine he thinks he can say whatever he wants since he's got a Samoan (wrestling dynasty) friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not sure why anyone would sign for 205 live over NXT since 205 live is the walking dead

Because you will be working in front of real crowds and make more than your downside where if you go to NXT you'll make poo poo money in front of 200 people.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Losing pyro does not seem like a big deal (other than Kane). It really does not add anything to the entrance (other than Kane). Now that I think if it, my favorite entrances do not have pyro (other than Kane).

I think there should be a Kane exemption to this rule.

When do tv contract negotiations begin?

Edge and Goldberg disagree.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

Didn't they cut the costs to shuttle the crew from town to town on a bus, so they made them all start paying for their transportation?

You'd think that they would cut Pyro before that...

Did you not believe JR when he said it felt like he was sitting in the pits of hell during an inferno match?

In North America WWE has always required wrestlers to get themselves from town to town. They only pay for a flight in and a flight out. Until the late 80s they didn't pay for the flight out.

Also HHH's tweet reminded me that Mayweather/McGregor will have more PPV buys than Raw has viewers which means the fight will probably be viewed by 4-5x more people than your average episode of Raw.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

How does Reigns get the power to do that?

If a respected veteran like Benoit or Taker or whoever kicks you out then obviously it sticks, but what's to stop Enzo just dressing in the locker room anyway and telling Reigns to go gently caress himself?

Reigns is one of the most respected guys in the locker room and is considered a locker room leader.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Since it is a WWE Network show, is Star Trek eligible for Show of the Year in the PSP Awards?

Sure people vote for bad shows in those awards all the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If WWE actually tries to push this as the truth it would be some of their scummiest revisionist history yet

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/status/885638106069835776

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

New Japan World is great and all but they really need some kinda app that will let me put it on my TV because goddamn those shows are fuckin' long.

Chromecast.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

If New Japan is actually trying to expand their business into the US, should the impetus not be on THEM to make their network more accessible and easier to watch? When WWE Network went live it had apps for every device you could conceive of out the gate. If all I had to do to show people Omega v Okada was click twice on my PS4, they'd have several more fans in my neighborhood already. I recruited 6 people who hadn't watched wrestling since the 90s if ever to become regular watchers with me using the app that way, and it got WWE several live event ticket sales, T-shirt and other merch purchases from that group as a result.

I know New Japan is still early in whatever their game for the west is, but making access to their network easier on devices like game consoles and phones is step that is likely to net them big returns for a small investment.

Then instead of watching tired New Japan, watch wired CMLL which is on youtube twice a week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

super macho dude posted:

Seriously, move every wrestler on the main roster under 205 lbs to 205 Live. That's, who, Enzo, Finn, Ellsworth, Chad Gable, Sin Cara, and Kalisto?

It'd be cool to see Devitt back in NJPW ASAP even if I'm not a huge fan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defiance Industries posted:

For front row tickets, though, that's shockingly cheap.

They started offering 20% off about a week ago.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sotar posted:

I think WWE fans today are fine paying for the network and an ocasional T-shirt but don't have a desire to shell out for tickets.

Attendance was pretty much even in the first quarter although that was bumped up by the huge Rumble crowd, but at the same time they had a huge Rumble crowd paying big prices and another gate record for a Mania.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sotar posted:

Hmm I dunno then. Too many PPVs while the product is not hot which drives down ticket sales until Wrestlemania season? That is the best theory I have.

I haven't paid attention to the house show figures but given ticket sales completely stalled for Chicago when Randy vs Jinder was announced as the main event and now this, I'm going with fans rejecting that. It's possible attendance is down in the last month but I don't think it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Smackdown PPVs were having a rough time of it last fall too.

• Locked thread